Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives...

+4
YENALED
pitties rule
staceyol
Harry
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives... - Page 2 Empty Re: Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives...

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 pm

thats more stuf then what i got as a young pup lol

Back to top Go down

Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives... - Page 2 Empty Re: Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives...

Post by Harry Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:18 pm

I like this litter. I was always going to get a Male, up until about 6 weeks ago. At which point I thought it might be better to get a bitch so as to reduce friction between the 3 when Ruby comes into heat. I reckoned that 2 bitch's would be better than 2 dogs, but if I have a good kennel/pen setup I can put him in there or even bring him in altogether and leave Bobby outside.

I don't think it will be a huge difference really, just a bit of hassle for a few weeks every year, something which quite possibly would have been there anyway between the 2 bitch's.

Going down on Friday to look at him, there was 3 male and 7 female, I was last in with my request so I got the last bitch left, think there might be another make left not sure tho.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Wad in the petshop today, I was looking for crates. There was 30" crates there, they were 'Savic' brand and Zinc plated (well that's what the box said) they were 66e is that a good price for a crate? Anyone know where I could get one better?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 pm

you have to pay for quality Harry, I have had some of my crates for 15+ years.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 pm

once there used to crate from puppyhood i dont think it really matters..... i can put daisy and vito in my big crate and leave them in it no probs.... they never try to get out.... once in it they chill out.... thats where they go when im out or events.... mine cost 75 from zooplus, cheapest around at the time.

id say if it was adult dog it would be a different story and ya might need a stronger one.

up to the individual owner really wot they like

pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Well if Savic are good then that's that, was just wondering if they were good or not. I'll buy it when I'm back from holidays on the 20th. Petworld is fairly dear most of the time so I was hoping some of ye might of had a link to the site or something.

Another question, should I get a 'bed' for inside the crate? Like either one if those 'supporting the ISPCA' style roundy beds (don't see that lasting) or maybe a hard plastic one? Or would I be better off with just blankets in the crate?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:58 pm

!

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Come & Go wrote:beds & cushions get tore up, they love to rip out the stuffing

I just use a large blanket

they last 30 sec......lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

to compare prices
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:31 pm

!

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:34 pm

not that much in the difference, think ya get 5-10% off your first order with zooplus and free delivery over €49
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:38 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 pm

The 76cm (30") one was 65.99 today in Petworld, it's 79.99 on Zooplus. So even with 10% off it's still dearer on the interwebz.

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:42 pm

i cant remember how long it took to get mine..... that was a yr ago and i cant remember wot happened last week half the time .....lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Harry wrote:The 76cm (30") one was 65.99 today in Petworld, it's 79.99 on Zooplus. So even with 10% off it's still dearer on the interwebz.

petworld it is so
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:46 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Come & Go wrote:
pitties rule wrote:i cant remember how long it took to get mine..... that was a yr ago and i cant remember wot happened last week half the time .....lol

lol took about 2 weeks for anything I ordered from them, I think 10 days was their fastest delivery Wink

must try remember that for if i wanna order anything
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm

zooplus.co.uk is alot cheaper than the .ie and free delivery to Ireland

Get vet bed harry.

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:08 pm

^^ Does the shipping take the same? Will check that out, thanks Lisa Wink

I'm going to see them tomorrow, would it be OK, to throw up a few pics? Maybe just of my pup and not the litter?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 pm

YENALED1 wrote:Harry you never decide on which pup you want without seeing it first and certainly dont make do with whats left unless its really what you want. Surely there are more females, go up asap and choose one and put a deposit on it. You never buy the runt of the litter I have only ever had 2 runts and have given them to good homes. Runt doesnt always mean its getting the bad teat everytime it is often the case it is going to be small or stunted for the rest of its life.

mi julie..
harry was getting the female pup for free as there was none left for sale...
she was a little small ,,harry was told that...
but she did not make it..
harry is now getting pick of the ltter male ..
.and he is a cracker ...

mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:42 pm

cant wait to see him harry..... id say 2moro will never come for ya
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:01 pm

They gave me Coffee at work today (first time I had that sh*t, didn't reckon much to it lol) and topped that off with a bottle of Mountain Dew after, far too much caffeine for little me lol, going crazy here lol! seconds are going as slow as minutes Razz Razz

My other sister is going down with us aswell, my 8yo sister has seen loads of Pits/Staffs and then my 13yo sister has seen none lol, so she's going down too, plenty of selection there tomorrow lol, big pits, little pits, and a few Staffs aswell lol.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 pm

And I'm really grateful Mark, really looking forward to it now Wink

mark wrote:
YENALED1 wrote:Harry you never decide on which pup you want without seeing it first and certainly dont make do with whats left unless its really what you want. Surely there are more females, go up asap and choose one and put a deposit on it. You never buy the runt of the litter I have only ever had 2 runts and have given them to good homes. Runt doesnt always mean its getting the bad teat everytime it is often the case it is going to be small or stunted for the rest of its life.

mi julie..
harry was getting the female pup for free as there was none left for sale...
she was a little small ,,harry was told that...
but she did not make it..
harry is now getting pick of the ltter male ..
.and he is a cracker ...

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by richie78 Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:37 pm

don,t worry harry..you,ll be well happy wit your pup..hes a cracker..they all are
richie78
richie78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next