Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Here in Dublin...

+3
pitties rule
YENALED
Devyn
7 posters

Go down

I'm Here in Dublin... Empty I'm Here in Dublin...

Post by Devyn Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm

I am here in Dublin!!! =) I am staying at a hotel in Rathmines with my dogs while I look for a place to rent. I arrived on Wednesday evening after a ridiculously long flight. Roc made it just fine through the vet check and was able to come home with me right away, but Rain had to be held in quarantine as the vet in Frankfurt, Germany where we had our layover had held back 2 of her original documents and Lissenhall would not process her without them. So I had to call a ton of people in Germany the next morning and finally get them to put the documents on the next plane from Frankfurt to Dublin - they arrived that night at 7 pm. And I was finally able to pick her up on Friday morning after 2 nights in quarantine. The people at the cargo place and Lissenhall both told me to make a claim against the airline for my lost expenses with the whole mess. Lissenhall loved Rain and could not figure out what breed of dog she was scratch lol, so I told them that she was just some mutt.

Finding an apartment/flat has been a bit slow going with the delay with Rain and I guess everyone closes down over Saturday/Sunday here. Did not know that as I figured we would be able to see places on the weekend. But hoping to hit the ground running on Monday. Have a ton of places to call on Monday morning and have emailed a ton already too. Have one place lined up to look at on Monday at 4 pm. We want to live as close to UCD campus as possible - within walking distance really. So if you know of an available place that allows dogs, let me know!

Roc has been a bit of a pain in the hotel room and has been carrying on a bit when ever I am gone which is not good. I think he is stressed with the move and the different surroundings, so hoping we can get settled in a place as soon as possible. I am probably going to have to start day boarding him at a dog kennel in the area just so he does not annoy the people in the hotel. Sucks, but what can I do. He is always quiet at home, but here he is making ewok noises. Not sure what I am going to do tomorrow because the kennel I had in mind is supposedly closed according to their website.

Anyhow - just a little update! So far Ireland is definitely different than the US especially the food/drinks.
Devyn
Devyn

http://www.ieleather.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

I'm Here in Dublin... Empty Re: I'm Here in Dublin...

Post by YENALED Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Devyn welcome to ireland. After a few hiccups i am glad you and your dogs are finally through the red tape and hope it wont be too long before your settled into your rented accom. I am not from Dublin so I am unable to help with recommending suitable digs or with kennels. Keep in touch and let us know when your settled. Its not going to be easy getting around with your dogs will you be getting a car while you are in UCD. Clara the vet is a member on the forum, not sure if she has just completed her final year or could possibly have 1 more left, you could pm her and see if she knows of any accomodation that might suite. J
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:45 am

welcome to dublin cheers
i posted this in your last thread not sure if you seen it so posting it again and hope it helps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
its in crumlin, closest to rathmines i could find
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:54 pm

welcome to Ireland buddy, i look forward to meeting you and the gang once you all get settled.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I won't have a car while I am here, but none of the current vet students I know with dogs do have cars and they get around just fine. Mostly they just walk everywhere and I would suppose get the occasional dog friendly taxi if you had to take your dog somewhere far away.

Pitties rule - P&E Kennels is where I will take Roc if I decide to day board him. They also offer transportation, so they can pick him up at my hotel and drop him back off which is great.

I definitely look forward to meeting everyone soon - once I have a place and settle in I would love to come to one of the Sunday events perhaps.
Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Welcome to Ireland, Devyn.

I still can't fathom why you left the USA but Ahh well, you're here now Razz

Just me being nosey, but do you have a job here while you're in collage?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 pm

No I don't have a job here - will be very busy with my studies! Perhaps I will have a job during the summers.
Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

i was thinking the transport might be useful as you only landed here so prob didnt have your own.... hope roc settles for you so you dont have to board him but at least there is an option if he doesnt.

when are you starting college?
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Orientation is the first week of September and classes start on the 12th!
Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm

hope you like it here, you should go south west two hours if you ever get the chance and see real ireland :) angelas ashes :D hahaha
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 pm

hows things working out with roc?
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Moved into my new place on Thursday and we are settling in. It is a 2 bedroom place in Donnybrook, so close to campus which is nice. There is a fenced in area nearby where I can let the dogs off leash and let them run which is really great. My roommate does not arrive until Sept 9th, so we are alone for now in the place. The dogs are settling in ok, Roc is still a bit whiny. But I think with time once he gets used to the place he will be fine. I was gone last night for a few hours and when I came back all was quiet and he was upstairs in my room sleeping. I need to get some dog beds as right now all I have is a few fleece blankets for them to lie on and I think Roc feels a bit lost without a good dog bed to lie on. He likes to be wherever I am, so I am in the main living area now and he is on the fleece blankets sleeping. Rain is upstairs on my bed curled up. I need a big fluffy dog bed for him!

Another classmate lives a few doors down, so we hang out with her and her big Newfoundland sometimes, but otherwise it is a bit lonely here right now. And the rain and the cold are going to take some getting used to for me and the dogs. But I am sure we will figure it out...

Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:57 pm

ah chuffed ya got a place. im sure roc is missing home but im sure he will settle now your in a place and he is not stuck to a hotel room, which is one room... sounds good that he was nice and quiet... ah ya have to spoil them now with the big fluffy beds.
yeah good oul irish rainy weather, dont think you will ever used to it.....lol.
once you start college you will be flying and plenty of nights out.
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:40 pm

The Irish Summer is my favourite day of the year lol!

Glad you got your house. Does your roomate know about the dogs? Be a nice surprise for her lol...

Did you not have 3 dogs when you joined?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Very funny Harry!

Yes my roommate knows about the dogs and loves dogs, so it will be just fine.

And yes I did have 3 dogs when I joined. One of my dogs stayed back home with family as I decided it would be best for the move to only bring 2 with me for now. It was not an easy decision. I brought my 2 oldest dogs with me. It was very hard to find a place to live with 2 dogs, so I know it would have been even harder with 3.
Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Glad to hear your settled in to your new digs. Hope it wont be too long before we get to meet you all.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks! I hope to come out to one of the dog training days sometime soon. Not sure where they are or how I will get there as I don't have a car, but I will figure it out.
Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Knight Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 am

. . Welcome to Ireland, enjoy your stay . .

Mr Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down