Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Releasing or Baiting?

+2
pitties rule
Harry
6 posters

Go down

Releasing or Baiting?

Releasing or Baiting? I_vote_lcap20%Releasing or Baiting? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Releasing or Baiting? I_vote_lcap80%Releasing or Baiting? I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Releasing or Baiting? I_vote_lcap0%Releasing or Baiting? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Releasing or Baiting? Empty Releasing or Baiting?

Post by Harry Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 pm

When doing events like Long Jump or Speed Pull with your dogs, do you prefer to be the person releasing the dog or the person encouraging him to come at you?

I've released a few dogs, Keiser (<3), Hank (<3), Kingston, Brock, Butch (<3) and I think one or two others as well. I like doing that job, but I think when I'm doing it with my own dog I'd prefer to be the person at the other end.

Which do you like to do?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Releasing or Baiting? Empty Re: Releasing or Baiting?

Post by pitties rule Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:33 pm

nothing like watching your dog(s) running towards you..... deadly buzz... i also dont mind watching from the sidelines coz ya can see the run in full and try get a few pics....lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 pm

All depends on the event. Lure.... I love letting Hank go cos I can rev him up and know I can hold him at the same time. Next year I am hoping to try releasing Hank on the speed pull too and have somone baiting him with a flirt pole but its not an easy job either end with Hank. It is hard to keep him in his harness if I torment him with the flirt pole and then run up the field the poor sod that is holding him as a hard time at the release end. Saying that I haven't an easy job catching him at the other end because you have to give him the flirt pole or jolly ball it can be scary watching him running straight at you with that S/P sled behind him lol. I suppose the hardest job all round is the catcher so I would prefere to catch Hank except in the Lure.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Nice post Jules. Some dogs do much better with their owners, some don't have any interest in other people at all... *cough*Butch*cough * (Mammy's boy! lol!)

I still am yet to see any speed pulling, I've been to 4 Events and missed the proper thing EVERY time, or it wasn't on at all Laughing

That will all change when "The Blue Beast" is dominating the show! lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Am really looking forward to it Harry we can discuss tactics on how we will bring all the silverware back to this side of the Shannon lol lol

Up Galway lol
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:38 pm

You can have Lure and Long Jump, I'll take Speed Pull and A-Frame lol!

Knowing my luck, Eddie will be pure sh*te lol.

He's started on the Spingpole now tho, and Flirt pole too and I think he's pretty high drive, a lot more than I'm used to round here anyway Laughing

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:55 pm

the flirt pole is a great way to get them going but make sure he catches it now and again and make a huge fuss when he does. I use home made ones a bit of a branch with a tissue on the end and let Hank have it at the end of play. Once he breaks the stick he usually leaves it and goes on to something else. I have a shed full of them every week I go up the roads tearing down the hedges looking for long sticks lol lol
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:12 am

Harry wrote:Nice post Jules. Some dogs do much better with their owners, some don't have any interest in other people at all... *cough*Butch*cough * (Mammy's boy! lol!)

I still am yet to see any speed pulling, I've been to 4 Events and missed the proper thing EVERY time, or it wasn't on at all Laughing

That will all change when "The Blue Beast" is dominating the show! lol!

lol excuse me mr if anyone puts a peace of anything into their hands butch will work for them lol did you not work butch on the a-frame harry?? lol lol lol

id rather let go my dogs at the lure, jules and i were only talking about this earlier and its actually better if the owner releases if your having a group race, the reasons being if you are waiting at the top to catch your dog you tend to watch out for your own dog while some may pass you, if you release your dog then other people at the top tend to just grab any dog that comes to them and thats the trick. if doing speed pull id rather bate him and same with the long jump etc.

We got loads of new activity's to introduce to the association for next year and you will be spoiled for choice with tug of war, weight lift and the weight pull Wink so we have lots of work to do but were all really looking forward to it.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Well on the lure id rather release king myself cause i can get him rev'd up just have to get someone to show him the lure before release , long jump id rather be at the end waiting for him to jump he has more drive when he see's me at the end hearing my command with the bait / flirt pole . and its the same for the speed pull , he's still only new to it so lookin forword to the new year and all the events that will be on , cheer's lads keep up the good work cheers
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

thanks j, looking forward to seeing you and the gang from tip there Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:34 pm

no prob at all lil , i showed a few of my friends who are pitbull owner's what ye do in the pic's and vid's off here , they loved it so hopefuly i.p.b.t.a will get a bit more support from the tipperary side alien
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:49 pm

nice one pal, its nice to see people out there appropriate what we do Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:50 pm

West side vs South side vs City boys lol!

We're fair outnumbered here Jules. I'll have to old the retrievers and buy an APBT lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Dont you worry Harry is quality not quantity. lol!
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noreen Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 am

Well said Jules cant wait for the new year.
Noreen
Noreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum