Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

+13
tanya83
pitguy
DECANIO
YENALED
celticpitbulls
cs
Philly Mc00
vickymonahan
theoldgit
brendant
Harry
Bullseye
ellebee
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland - Page 4 Empty Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:47 am

i think its just peoples own experience with the breed that shapes their view. i can imagine that if you own an extremely high DA dog and have never had a dog friendly one, the opposite can seem like it couldnt exist.

people bang on about how they've been bred this way for years and that its inherint in them. but its been a long time since people were culling due to lack of game. there are plenty of dog friendly pits going around and as the years go on and responsible ownership is on the increase, there'll be plenty more. you only need to take a trip down to memorial park on any given sat/sun and you'll see plenty of families walking around with pits and staffs. all very friendly to dog and human alike but kept on lead and being introduced in a careful manner just in case afro

educating isnt about scaring people off is it? its about helping to understand what the breed is capable of (good or bad) and helping to deal with the problems before/if they arise.

also cpb, is it possible to change my forum name, im beggining to feel very feminine with everyone calling me dolly lol!
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland - Page 4 Empty Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:34 am

i understand complectly what ur saying. I love nothing more than getting in2 the banter with people and any1 i reply 2 is treated with respect, it be nice in return. I think the problem is that 2 many people read in2 the history of these dogs and not understanding that there's so much more 2 them than just that. People get so engaged in it that their mind's are made up from what they read and not from what their doing. Why treat a dog or rare it like a pit dog if ur not pitting it? If ur a pet owner the dogs history is useful 4 1 thing and 1 thing only, 2 make u aware of the pretensel ability, power and mainly 2 understand what ur dog bred 4. Thats fine if thats all people what 2 know about these dogs but when people get to understand them in a different picture some people seem 2 think that its just not possible and believe there is 1 way and 1 way only 2 this breed and its far from the truth. I've looked a lot in 2 the history of the breed it dont help when ur a pet owner and u have 3 dogs kicking off in a hall way, what prevents that is cop on and knowing ur dogs in a whole different world. Its take's a different type of knowledge than just the history if u want 2 own these dogs as pets.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:44 am

Dolly_SBT wrote:also cpb, is it possible to change my forum name, im beggining to feel very feminine with everyone calling me dolly lol!
ha ha ill change it and might just have a new 1 4 u 2 lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:07 pm

go for it. as long as its not shirley or jacinta or anything that makes me sound like a blouse ill be happy lol!
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by DECANIO Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:13 pm

First of all Dolly I’ve met & been round some of the people on this forum & their dogs, just incase there’s any confusion., secondly I’m not reading it in any other way than anything, I’m reading it my way & if that’s not yours or anyone elses does that make me wrong? Secondly you wrote ‘ pre-disposed to having a go & can be trained just like a labrador’, are you havin a laugh? That’s just as foolish as sayin these dogs are just like any other breed, the only thing that separates them is blah blah blah…..
Also the thread is about fighting dogs, apbt’s, any experience you’ve had with your staff isn’t really relevant as they’re completely different dogs, similar in some ways but hugely different in others.

To Celtic that’s an impressive c.v you have, fair play, no-ones taking away from your experience with the breed but does that make everything you say about these dogs gospel, I think not, just cause you’ve been round the breed more than some have had hot dinners don’t impress me or mean you’re a leading voice on everything pitbull. I know lads who’ve been round these dogs for a lifetime but you’ll not hear them reciting their c.v just to try & prove a point. As for me being a blow-in then I’ll take that as a compliment as I’ve been called a lot worse, believe it or not there are some very rude people who have called me bad names but I always tell them sticks & stones, haha. So does that make every new member on here a blow-in or is it just the folk that have a different point of view or opinion???

I’ve had a few different breeds of dogs, rough collies, german shepherds, jack Russell, mixed breeds, that’s about it, some were feisty & some were lambs who would run at the sign of confrontation so I know perfectly well the difference between a DA dog & a dog friendly 1.

To say that it’s been a long time since people have culled due to ‘ lack of gameness’ speaks volumes on your knowledge or lack of it on what you’re typing about.

I have pitbulls, they are pets, I see & constantly try to explain to ignorant people that there’s a different side to them than the hyped up media propaganda shite we all read & hear but there’s no talking to some people. What I wouldn’t do is tell the man in the street who’s thinking about getting a dog that a pitbull is the dog for him, no different to any other breed, because that’s madness & would only end up bringing a world of pain to all involved.

Lastly if I’ve disrespected any1 with anything I’ve typed here feel free to point out where & I’ll be sure to try & mend the error of my ways.

Peace out, that’s all she wrote!
DECANIO
DECANIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:30 pm

once again you've completly misunderstood what was posted. so ill tell you what, since you cant have a discussion without getting your back up and since you're making assumptions about what dog experience ive had when ive only spoken about my current dog, and since you refuse to accept anyone elses opinion other than your own, i'll bow out of this.

and when you were called a 'blow in' im fairly certain it had nothing to do with the forum and everything to do with your pbt experience in comparison to CPBs - 2 years compared to 20 odd. if you cant see that then i fail to see how you expect to hold a civil conversation with anyone on the subject.

peace and good luck to ye :)

Last edited by Dolly_SBT on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:32 pm

ah that really hurt lol your wrong buddy u haven a clue what people are trying 2 explain 2 u, so whats the point? Lots of things id like 2 pull u up on in ur post but at this stage i have 2 agree with dolly i just cant be bothered some people are just not worthy of being answered.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DECANIO Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 pm

Thats fair enough, my backs not up & i thought i was being civil, haven't offended or tried to offend any1 in any post.

I see exactly what people are tryin to explain to me but in my opinion they're wrong & i'm only tryin to explain what i believe is right, nothing more, nothing sinister, they're only words.
DECANIO
DECANIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:38 pm

DECANIO wrote:

I see exactly what people are tryin to explain to me but in my opinion they're wrong & i'm only tryin to explain what i believe is right, nothing more, nothing sinister, they're only words.

I started off that way too, but couldn't keep it up.

Nice to see you back too Buddy Wink

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Savage wrote:

also cpb, is it possible to change my forum name, im beggining to feel very feminine with everyone calling me dolly lol!

Hows that for you??? Razz Razz Razz
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:28 pm

I love it lol
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:37 pm

jaysus! although i do look good in blonde cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:40 pm

now now possum, you could do with a little bowtox you look very pow faced in that picture lol!

celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 pm

you wouldnt be saying that if you could see what was going on behind me! Shocked
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:58 pm

dont fart what ever you do lol!

celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:05 pm

what the hell is that Shocked

i like my bums strictly female and preferably burn free (although at the moment anything thats not hairy is looking good!) lol!
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:17 pm

lol fair play good crack mr savage lol
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:19 pm

good 'crack' lol!
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 pm

I cant breath will need medical attention if this keeps up for much longer lol! lol!
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:25 pm

get some jesus chocolate into ye, you'll be grand Cool
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:29 pm

haha me too tears in my eays here, we should set up a tread just for laughs sometimes we need to have a bit of crack!

celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:32 pm

mad for the crack tonight!

Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:50 pm

haha ya nuttter lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:44 am

I need to lay off the crap............... I'm seeing sh*t XD

Please tell me I'm seeing things...... Is that?? Really?? ............................ I'm off to bed.... another long day....... bye for now ...!! :)
Bullseye
Bullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:23 pm

DECANIO wrote:First of all Dolly I’ve met & been round some of the people on this forum & their dogs, just incase there’s any confusion., secondly I’m not reading it in any other way than anything, I’m reading it my way & if that’s not yours or anyone elses does that make me wrong? Secondly you wrote ‘ pre-disposed to having a go & can be trained just like a labrador’, are you havin a laugh? That’s just as foolish as sayin these dogs are just like any other breed, the only thing that separates them is blah blah blah…..
Also the thread is about fighting dogs, apbt’s, any experience you’ve had with your staff isn’t really relevant as they’re completely different dogs, similar in some ways but hugely different in others.

To Celtic that’s an impressive c.v you have, fair play, no-ones taking away from your experience with the breed but does that make everything you say about these dogs gospel, I think not, just cause you’ve been round the breed more than some have had hot dinners don’t impress me or mean you’re a leading voice on everything pitbull. I know lads who’ve been round these dogs for a lifetime but you’ll not hear them reciting their c.v just to try & prove a point. As for me being a blow-in then I’ll take that as a compliment as I’ve been called a lot worse, believe it or not there are some very rude people who have called me bad names but I always tell them sticks & stones, haha. So does that make every new member on here a blow-in or is it just the folk that have a different point of view or opinion???

I’ve had a few different breeds of dogs, rough collies, german shepherds, jack Russell, mixed breeds, that’s about it, some were feisty & some were lambs who would run at the sign of confrontation so I know perfectly well the difference between a DA dog & a dog friendly 1.

To say that it’s been a long time since people have culled due to ‘ lack of gameness’ speaks volumes on your knowledge or lack of it on what you’re typing about.

I have pitbulls, they are pets, I see & constantly try to explain to ignorant people that there’s a different side to them than the hyped up media propaganda shite we all read & hear but there’s no talking to some people. What I wouldn’t do is tell the man in the street who’s thinking about getting a dog that a pitbull is the dog for him, no different to any other breed, because that’s madness & would only end up bringing a world of pain to all involved.

Lastly if I’ve disrespected any1 with anything I’ve typed here feel free to point out where & I’ll be sure to try & mend the error of my ways.

Peace out, that’s all she wrote!

Look DECANIO, Its clear your taking me up the wrong way along with many more here, im not going to be fighting or going tit for tat about something 2 people are getting nowhere from, im going to reply short and sweet with out referring to any of the post above just to explain a little more in detail what im trying to say.

When i say or said the APBT is no different than other breeds this is the area i was talking about.
Many owners have this breed as pets, many of them work and many of them keep their dogs out side, some keep them inside. Some have their dogs on the sofa, some have them sleep with them. What im saying here is that some people spend a hell of a lot of time with their dogs and have very different relationships, some have more time than others to spend with their dogs etc etc, For the moment just hear me out and Without bringing into this part of the post we leave out their ability, and origin. Im going to explain a bit about their behavior from not only my experience but of the experience of others that have this side of a relationship with these dogs.

Its a knowing fact that all dogs regardless of their breed will or can develop the same or similar behavior issues such as
Aggression, being fearful, shy, nervous, happy, calm, confident, hyper and maybe with different energy levels etc. It is also a well knowing fact that "All dogs" regardless of their breed share the same Psychology!

If a dog happens to start presenting any of these behaviors it is not down to the way the dog was bred unless their is some kind of medical problem, all of the above are state of mind and not breed traits. Behaviors are something that can be nurtured and 9 times out of 10 its easier to do this but it can also be prevented and that all depends on the environment they live in and the knowledge of the owner, however it is harder to fix them once they are in swing but it can be done regardless of breed. This is where i state the APBT is no different than any other breed when it comes to learning or adapting.

When it comes to their genetic make up and origin, Can you control that? NO, That's like saying you can teach some1 not to walk, it cant be done but it can be controlled. If your a pet owner Knowing them in this way gives you a hell of a lot more control over your dog by using his brain as well as his ability. He can be top of the class in Obedience and that dont mean he is dog friendly, he can also be put in a situations where he has attacked some1 but so have many other breeds its not coz he's a pit bull, its the situation we put them in or fail to see, but it helps if your off somewhere and you think its safe to let your dog off or your door swings past you when you open the front door when you say get the hell back here. Or to have the understanding to no weather or not your house pet dont like the kid before something happends, its good to understand them as well as their ability. Just because these dogs were bred to fight dont main they want to, yes some might like it and some may not, again its the same in all breeds and the only thing that separates these from others is their ability, and we all agree its something that should not be ignored..

celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next