Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aggressive behavior

3 posters

Go down

Aggressive behavior Empty Aggressive behavior

Post by ellebee Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey all!

So for all of you that have met Junior you know that he's not dog aggressive and is generally well mannered but today Romeo's younger brother let him out of the house and he ran into another staffy and his owner, both of whom were lovely but the other dog was also off the lead... They played and were getting on grand but all of a sudden Junior had latched on to him and was growling and wouldnt let him go but when i got him off the other dog and examined him there wasnt a mark on him and they were just wagging their tails and were just chilling.... Was that a dominance display or something to be worried about??? Junior seems to have behavior problems since neutering is this usual???
ellebee
ellebee

Back to top Go down

Aggressive behavior Empty Re: Aggressive behavior

Post by pitguy Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 pm

i had wrote out a big long reply and then refreshed the page [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pitguy
pitguy

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Hate that sean lol

Just my opinion Ellie, i think with all dogs they can get into a fight at some stage and with these bully breeds we just have to be that bit more careful, it could have being just noise but even so you were rite to stop it when you did. Future plays could also end up with a scrap, this is not to say you cant let your dog play with another dog it means that the other owner is also aware of what could happen and that you are both able to control it if it does. maybe also read the dog you allow your dog to play with and if he/she are a dominant dog, 2 dogs of the same characteristics generally wont get on for 2 long without setting off a spark, or a very excited dog some may not want to tolerate it jumping all over them, its finding that balance in other dogs that suits your dog If you want to continue allowing him to play with others, also watch the level of play to know when to intervene when its getting a little out of hand. Hope all works out for you.. Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ellebee Tue May 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks Lily, I was just a bit un nerved as it was the first incident of that type but we managed it well... I thought the other dog seemed fairly well balanced but and not excitable but I would say that he was also a dominant type of dog...maybe Junior should stick to his labradoodle boyfriend from now on as he is much more submissive Laughing
ellebee
ellebee

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 01, 2012 4:20 pm

yeah it can be frighten alright and very fast, glad all's ok with them tho Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content