Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

importing from the USA.

+3
.butch
Philly Mc00
bigcoylo
7 posters

Go down

importing from the USA. Empty importing from the USA.

Post by bigcoylo Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm

a few questions i need answered

1. probably a stupid question are pitbull's a banned breed in the republic?? i know they are here in the north.

2. does anyone know anything about the importation of animals from the USA i have read a few contradictory pages on the net.

bigcoylo

Back to top Go down

importing from the USA. Empty Re: importing from the USA.

Post by Philly Mc00 Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:56 am

Pitbulls are not banned in the republic.

In January there was a change in the law regarding importing a dog, this could be were your seeing conflicting policy?

Pre jan the dog had to spend 6 months in quarantine after it was vaccinated and had its rabies injection which it had to be 12weeks old to get meaning your pup would be 10 months by the time you get it.

The change in law is that now the dog doesn't have to spend the time in quarantine so you can bring the pup in a lot younger.

Just out of interest are you thinking of importing an american pitbull terrier or a Bully type pitbull?
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcoylo Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:56 pm

bully type pitbull thanks for your reply philly

bigcoylo

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Have a look at Great Lakes bullyz, they have nice athletic bully type dogs and have kennels in holland which could save a lot of hassle for you.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by .butch Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

bigcoylo wrote:bully type pitbull thanks for your reply philly

their going to flood in i know 2 guys that have 4 xxl on their way

.butch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimsowner Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Philly Mc00 wrote:Have a look at Great Lakes bullyz, they have nice athletic bully type dogs and have kennels in holland which could save a lot of hassle for you.

or dont..just get a real dog with out the health risks, get an apbt and please dont use the word pit bull when talking about them fat yokes, they are not a pit bull in any way shape or form
Jimsowner
Jimsowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:36 pm

lol! here we go lol!
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimsowner Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:09 pm

i have very strong hate for them things... Surprised
Jimsowner
Jimsowner

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 pm

You say you are from Derry Gerry, Do you live there or are you living here in the South? Would you not be taking a big chance by bringing that type in to N.I especially an imported dog, microchipped with lots of paper work it would be hard to talk your way round that if you where questioned.

Last edited by YENALED on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcoylo Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:57 pm

im in derry at the minute but i'll be moving to donegal before bringing it over. cops up here would have a field day with me. thanks for looking out for me yenaled

bigcoylo

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcoylo Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Philly Mc00 wrote:Have a look at Great Lakes bullyz, they have nice athletic bully type dogs and have kennels in holland which could save a lot of hassle for you.

im getting a remyline dog, im not a big fan of the xxl bully.

there are 2 really good breeders in europe too bigbenbullies and corleoni kennels.

bigcoylo

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcoylo Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Jimsowner wrote:i have very strong hate for them things... Surprised

everybody's got different tastes bro chill lol. im a big fan of the american bullie/pit bull but then again there are some over there that are fit for the bin, blatant crosses of english bulldog or french bulldog.

i have also seen pure pbt's over here that dont float my boat either, each to his own eh.

bigcoylo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimsowner Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:26 pm

ye but whats goin to happen wen these american BULLY dogs bite some one..will they be called american BULLY in the press?? NO! PIT BULL ATTACKS will be the headline..they are a new breed with no history apart from the breed for looks and image, they serve no purpose.
Jimsowner
Jimsowner

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcoylo Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Jimsowner wrote:ye but whats goin to happen wen these american BULLY dogs bite some one..will they be called american BULLY in the press?? NO! PIT BULL ATTACKS will be the headline..they are a new breed with no history apart from the breed for looks and image, they serve no purpose.

i expected more from a pbt owner??

bigcoylo

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:33 pm

As you said Gerry different tastes....I remember a few years back I took some flack for owning and breeding British Bulldogs which turned into an all out war that lasted for months lol lol. Well I'm still here along with my little bullies and the others aren't lol lol. Look the way I see it is ....STOP blaming breeds we all know its down to and the owners if any of our dogs got into the wrong hands then the rest of the PBT's would suffer. This is what these forums are for to try and get people involved and be a 'Responsible Owner'. Vin surely you don't hate a type of dog simply because you see it as a threat to the survival of the APBT in this country. There are many other threats prevalent already so we must stick together and keep trying to pave the way for this breed to be accepted for what it truely is.....
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Couldn't agree more jules. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some breeds don't suit some people, however being an APBT owner lol i well know what its like to be on the receiving end of people slagging off a breed i admire and own. It don't matter what new breed enters here or any other country the problem of mistaken identity will always occur, it just takes a dog to have short hair and some mussel and of course its a pit bull or of type. what Ive learnt is that you don't fight fire with fire! As owners of certain breeds we cant turn and say its the next breed or the next because that would make us just the same as people that profile us. what's more important is to emphasize that all attacks are preventible and the blame should be based on the role of the owner regardless of breed..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vickymonahan Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Jimsowner wrote:

or dont..just get a real dog with out the health risks, get an apbt and please dont use the word pit bull when talking about them fat yokes, they are not a pit bull in any way shape or form
. I agree ! lol!
vickymonahan
vickymonahan

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Cool 
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down