Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's everybody's dogs getting on?!?!?

+2
YENALED
Philly Mc00
6 posters

Go down

How's everybody's dogs getting on?!?!? Empty How's everybody's dogs getting on?!?!?

Post by Philly Mc00 Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Everything has been very quite around here for the last while and we haven't been busy with our days so I was just wondering how everybody is doing with there dogs?

Since we haven't been having any training days have people been doing less exercise and training with there dogs? And how are the diets coming on? What are you feeding now?

The reason I ask is I've just started getting Lilly back into shape in anticipation of the shows starting back up. I let her get mud fat for the last few months because I didn't see the need to keep her as lean as I did when we were very active and if I'm honest I think the break has done her the world of good because now when I'm working with her she seems more eager to please than ever.

I start off with a 45min hand walk followed by work on the carpet mill.

At the moment both her and Sophia are doing 3x3min runs on the carpet mill and I will stick with this pattern the whole way through maybe increasing to 4x3min run, the only thing that I'm hoping to see change is there recovery time, I give her 3 mins then allow her walk around the house till she is cool, Lilly at present takes about 2 and a half mins to catch her breath where as Sophia takes about 20seconds. (I have no idea why lol)

As I get further along the tread mill will start to play more of a role to get the wind right up but at the moment I'm taking it slow as I'm hoping it'll be a long year and we wanna sustain a decent level of fitness and not burn them out.

I am sticking with this for 4 days of the week and on there days of rest I play some flirt pole with them and at random intervals I play on the a frame with them but I don't have a set schedule for the a frame or flirt pole it's more just fun time with the dogs.

I am focusing my Energie on Lilly at the moment because the other pair are still young and have it all ahead of them.

Her diet consists of half and half raw and kibble with some supplements thrown in but I'll keep this part a little bit secrete for now because we still have unfinished business with team Yenaled and a couple other challenges so its important to keep a bit of an edge lol.

I'm hoping to hear how all the dogs are keeping and if people haven't started back at the hard training hopefully this will get them started.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

How's everybody's dogs getting on?!?!? Empty Re: How's everybody's dogs getting on?!?!?

Post by YENALED Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Team Yenaled are on form all I have to do now is keep up with my maneen. Out in his playground every day walks to cool off and the same feeding... tripe, veg and a mug of spot 22 twice a day. We have our extras too known as the atomic tipbits all very top secret but would pass any random blood tests lol.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

How's everybody's dogs getting on?!?!? Empty Re: How's everybody's dogs getting on?!?!?

Post by Philly Mc00 Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Hopefully it's gonna be a good year with plenty of event's to look forward too, it'll be interesting to see how all the dogs come back after the bit of a break we've had.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 pm

I've done nothing with Eddie since September pretty much, I hope to do more with him in the next while when my football training is back up and running. Only 5 or 6 weeks until I'm 17, so hopefully I'll be able to make a few appearances with Ed at a few shows over the Summer.

Any idea on when there'll be things starting up again lads?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 am

Hopefully we'll have some weight pull training days in the next month or so, these days are not weather permitted because they're in the hall.

Get busy with your dog so he's ready to go, he's two in June so he's gonna start coming into his prime soon, bring out the best in him.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:08 am

Haven't started training Molly yet, just lots of long walks at the moment, about 90 mins handwalking a day, 20 mins or so in the morning and 60 to 70 mins walking in the evening. Have also cut back her food a little to get some of the winter weight off her, mind you there's not much to come off. Will start weight pull training again over next week or so.

Can't wait to get into the field and get her back on the lure cause she's still a little bullet lol Twisted Evil
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 pm

What are you feeding that hound Stacey?
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am

Still have her on the Redwitch salmon and rice but have been mixing it with a lower protein food over the winter because she wasn't doing any training. Am mixing it with Purina Beta Maintenance which is only 21% protein. Oh and of course not forgetting her little bit of porridge lol !!
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Well as my dogs are getting on I am limited really to some of the things id like to be doing with them.. The butcho will be hitting 9 this summer and the worhorse molly will be 8 however don't let the gray faces fool ya these OAP'S mean businesses lol..

With butcho im walking and pushbiking.. 1 day hour walk next day 30 mins push bike and 45 min walk, hoping to introduce a bit of drag weight in the next week or 2 cut out the munches and stick to his diet of salmon and rice maybe raw egg, fish added...

With molly its more or less the same only molly works a lot harder than butch hence the nickname the worhorse.... Can't ware this girl out.. Pulls like a truck on leash and this is were mollys workout is most intense, I use the push bike for wind and stamina and just like phils smutt she is also very quick to recover.. It be great to see everyone old and new to the seen and to see how many of us can break some of the records being held by ether yourself or others... Role on I can't wait....
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 pm

What's the story with this new field Lilly? Is that true or has my imagination run away with itself? lol!

Can't believe Butch is that old already, seems like a few months ago you were telling me he was like 5 Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Harry we all know you suffer with your imagination but there must be a breakthrough lol yeah we have a huge big field but no money to get it rite yet.. Maybe you could use your imagination and come up with some ideas????

So how ya keeping Kido long time no speak Razz
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Whereabouts is it and what kinda work needs doing? I'm not going to be able to go up and help, I'm just curious Laughing

I'm keeping well, way busier than I had been from June '11 until September '12 so it was a bit of a shock, my main reason for not being around anymore haha. Getting a better handle on my time management now tho so should be able to get training again lol. Have to keep the head down in school so I'm up near ye in Trinners the year after next lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Sounds like you've been a busy little man, good to hear your keeping up with college etc.. Be nice to catch up and see how Eddie has come on.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 pm

*5th year, but I know what you mean lol!

Few pics from earlier off my phone-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just realised when I saw these on photobucket how big he looks, the pic is very deceiving.. He's still a nice little guy Laughing he's just on a hill lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 am

He's looking well Harry. I'd say he misses me though. He loved his life in dublin.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:50 am

Can't say I blame him, I'd prefer living in your garden to living in Roscommon!

Not long now lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:47 am

lol! True
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 pm

how the hell is everyone ??

have to admit ive done jack over the last few months.. have to start getting back into it.. weather has been a major turn off... everytime i did hit the fields they where water logged or they where to interested in what the rabbits where doing... on the hunt for somewhere new to bring them rabbit free....lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down