Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before getting a Pit

3 posters

Go down

Before getting a Pit Empty Before getting a Pit

Post by Hindeberg Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Can anyone give advice to someone planning on getting a pit in Ireland? Are there traits specific to the breed that someone more used to Shepherd's breeds might not expect. I have a bit of experience of bandog breeds over the years but never as an owner. My partner prefers smaller dogs and likes the idea of having a dog home with her as she is occsionally left there at night while I'm out with mine.

Hindeberg

Back to top Go down

Before getting a Pit Empty Re: Before getting a Pit

Post by Harry Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 pm

I PM'd you Henry.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hindeberg Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks Harry, informative and helpfull.

Hindeberg

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Pit Bulls are like any other dog, they need human attention. They are a high calibre breed of dog when it comes to exercise and games. These are vital for a number of reasons, if they are just sitting there. Their energy builds up and they need to release it, sometimes it can be devastating. They are inclined to gain weight very easy too. Its important to stimulate them mentally and physically. One thing i noticed about the dogs i had over the years, they all crave human attention. They love to be loved and enjoy human affection too. They vary in shapes, sizes and characteristic's. So do observe each pup first and the parents if possible. This will make it easier for the type of Pit Bull you want.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Harry wrote:I PM'd you Henry.
I dont understand why you had to pm Henry. Unless it was a private matter unrelated to this association.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hindeberg Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Eamo, the young man sent me a PM. What's the big deal? As well as giving me his opinion on my question he also told me a bit about his dogs and a relative who happens to live close to me with a dog who he is going to visit. A little off topic, maybe that's why he pm'ed me. I don't know why he pm'ed me.

Is that a board rule; if you pm someone you must explain why?

It would seem the thought police are out in force on this board. It's all to much for me anyway so I will say good bye. I can not say it was fun becuse it really really was not.

Hindeberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:55 am

I PM'd him before this thread was made, it was as he said about other things too.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:03 am

We just have our reasons for particular members. Yous can PM each other until the Cows come home. No offence to Harry, he has his dogs well looked after and plenty of exercise. I do believe he has no right to share his knowledge of the A.P.B.T. if he has never owned one. When he gets his dog, he will experience in what they demand. My apoligies if i caused any upset.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum