Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dogs getting out!

5 posters

Go down

dogs getting out! Empty dogs getting out!

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 pm

ok peeps this is a bit of a very weird story for me, last night after classes i went home left butch in and decided to go to the shop, i couldn't find my purse looked everywhere, it came to mind that i could have left it on the front seat of the car and butch could have kicked it out at the classes when i took him out of the car, so off i go back down to the training center to see if it had falling out of the car, on the way out of the drive 2 dogs caught my eye, yeah a pit bull and staffy, i new they weren't from the area so i drove down and got out of the car, cracking looking dogs and looked well cared for too, the bitch was the pitty she only looked about a year old very friendly but a little skittish, the staffy looked black it was a male another beautiful dog, so got out of the car and the little staffy was a bit unsure of me and got a little intense so i didn't approach him, they were hanging around the cul de sak so i thought maybe they live in there and they'll go in them-self so off i went to see if i could fine my purse, no purse found and on the way back the dogs were still there, i really felt bad at this stage didn't want to leave them out, but as i got closer there was a man in the field where the dogs were trowing his hands up all over the place, i thought at this stage it was the owner giving out to them telling them to get in or something but as i got closer it was an old man that most have go a fright as he had a little jack Russel with him in his arms, i drove over very quickly and shouted stop running around as i was getting out of the car, he shouted are they your dogs i said no but they won't harm you if you stop shouting and screaming, so as he stopped the dogs walked off, the old man just got a fright and thought they were going to attack him and went into a mad frenzy, so i told him to get into the car and i brought him home, as i came back to see where the dogs were they were nowhere to be seen, i drove around for a bit but no sign of them, i had to leave it and go home, i found my purse at this stage and i rang jules as my head was a bit melted thinking what would happen to them again really at this stage i cant do anything, so today i was out with molly about half 3 when a car approached me with a lady driving it, she asked did i see 2 dogs that they had got out of the back yard, i told her what had happened and got her number in case i came across them again but i thought this would be very unlikely as it was hours before i had seen them and dogs can cover a lot of miles in such a short time, so left molly in and on my way out with butch and sasha, doing my walk and come to a garden where butch is acting a little strange smelling the air, what pops its head out only the little male staffy very frighted, in a way i got a bit of a fright coz i didn't know if he was going to go for a little scuffle or not lol but he backed off barking, there was no little white bitch that i could see, as i crossed the road i called the owner and told her where the male dog was, she rushed down and thank god she got him back, i thought with him staying there and no sign of the bitch that she could have got a bang of a car and could be nesting in 1 of the gardens, ie reason why he wouldn't move, so she put the little staffy into her car and had a good look but we couldn't find her, we knocked on the door of the house and they said they didnt see another dog but he had being there most of the night, at least 1 dog has got home but its a little strange that the bitch wasn't there with him, im thinking some1 has took her but its still puzzling me as to why the male dog was staying in that garden as most of the time he would have kept going, the owners were in a bad way god love them looking for their dogs im really glad that they got the male back but have to keep looking for the bitch im very worried about her.

but its really a mad story, i loose my purse well not really go out see these dogs, loose them and then meet the owner out in the street and them bump into 1 of them, i was a bit baffled at such perfect timing, im going to keep looking out for the bitch, some1 has to know where she is or have her as she wouldn't have wondered off on her own they would have stayed as a pack, so fingers crossed we get this girl back, the owners just joined the forum so ill get some pic's of her up. i think the main thing to be learn't from this is to always make sure your dogs are secure specially if you have a side entrance its very easy to happen that your dog can get loose and most of the time you never see them again.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

dogs getting out! Empty Re: dogs getting out!

Post by pitties rule Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:21 pm

aww i hope the pitty girl is found... very strange story well the bit about them not staying together. just as well ya mislaid your purse lilly couldnt have happened at a better time.

glad ya got to the old man too coz he could have spooked the dogs well out with screaming and shouting
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Thats whats baffled me, if i hadn't seemly lost my purse i would have never even knowing the dogs were there, i wouldn't have being there when the man had came across them and it was strange i just happened to turn up when this was happening too lol, and whats the chances of me being out at half 3 when the owners where looking and i just bumped into them, if i hadn't i would have never had the number to call if i seen them again, not only that then being the 1 to find the dog, to be honest i thought they would never be seeing again, but we have to find that little bitch now im going to get a few posters up tomorrow and see what comes back.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 pm

hopefully someone took her in and they see the posters to get in touch
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:03 am

Its all about fate, good and bad things happen for a reason. Imagine if it was this week you canceld the class's, or you didnt bring your purse with you, the list goes on. It is an amazing story, because it all fitted in perfectly. What if it was another person who had little knowledge how to approach a frightened or defensive dog? It would be all over the papers, the owners would more than likely be classed as irresponsible owners. It all could have gone the oppossite way, fairplay Lil. You couldnt rescue the Pit, but you saved an old man an his dog a lot of grief cheers cheers
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 pm

nice one lilly
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

im sure you would have all done the same i was just the whole thing was a little crazy,

welcome back mark Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 pm

everything seemed to fall together nicely.... id say the owners are doing there nut at this stage
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:03 pm

id say they are i know id have to be sedated because of the worry if it was 1 of mine. what a horrible thing to happen to any1.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:15 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:im sure you would have all done the same i was just the whole thing was a little crazy,

welcome back mark Wink
you know i would.but wasn it just as well it was you that found him...lilly i am so paroniod about my dogs gettin out..its so easy to forget a gate or front door..etc.. i got laptop for a few hours..everytime i get new laptop..i either break it or the dogs eat the chargers..they cost more than what i pay for the laptops..i will have a new one the weekend..laptop..

oh ya..ive a broken wrist over cycling with gypsy .i hit a pedesterian crossing rail...lol...it was broke 4 days before i went to hospital..
doing everythin g with the left hand until xmas....

fair play to chris...helpin clean the pens for me...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm

think anyone here would feel the same.... id go crazy.
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:18 pm

ouch you must have been in alot of pain
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:36 pm

jesus mark god love your poor left arm lol!
yeah im the same im always making sure the doors are locked before i go out and 9 times out of 10 im in the car down the road and i have to go back i get that paro, its so easy to happen if your rushing out and or you have something on your mind but i think for me its auto pilot mode lol another good thing is i live alone so dont have to worry about any else leaving the doors open.

Last edited by celticpitbulls on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 pm

ya me too.. my neighbors must think im mad...coming back and checking the doors..and closing windows in summer...once kani jumped out the top window...just as well i drove back..i had that gut felling something was wrong...and my one tellin me i was mad....
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by andybhoydiamond Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:40 pm

hopefully the pup gets back to her owners if theres one thing i dred is keeva escaping and not getting her bk id be imagining some tinker using her to fight or some horror story along those lines love my doog shes part the family and gets treated better than the kids at times lol all the best in finding the pup and heres hoping shes in a loving home waiting to be returned to her ritefull owners :)

andybhoydiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:38 pm

i think its a fear we all shear is loosing our dogs, its so hard for people not knowing where they are or weather they are safe or not, thanks for all the nice comments fingers crossed this little 1 gets home safe and sound.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down