Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arriving in Ireland on Wednesday 3rd August...

4 posters

Go down

Arriving in Ireland on Wednesday 3rd August... Empty Arriving in Ireland on Wednesday 3rd August...

Post by Mike7 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Hello,
myself, The Wife and 5 kids are touring north west Ireland. We will be going to Galway, then taking the coast road round to Westport, then Sligo, Donegal and north, hoping to stay at my uncle's in Cookstown then back home.
If you see a C reg Mercedes Camper van then toot yer horn.
If anyone knows anything of particular interest around these areas then let me know.Don't suppose there will be a Pitbull event anywhere?

cheers,Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Arriving in Ireland on Wednesday 3rd August... Empty Re: Arriving in Ireland on Wednesday 3rd August...

Post by Harry Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 pm

There'll be one in Dublin but that's very out of your way Wink

If you're going to Westport you might aswell climb Croagh Patrick, it's only over the road. I did it a few weeks ago... Might want to leave the little kids tho lol.

Strandhill in Sligo is another good spot, nice beach and a camping place beside it I think Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Arriving in Ireland on Wednesday 3rd August... Empty Re: Arriving in Ireland on Wednesday 3rd August...

Post by YENALED Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Loads to see in Galway city (quay Street) and surrounding areas, If the weather is nice head out to Salthill with the kids (aquarium arcades) and nice pub grub on the sea front.... lots to spend your money on lol. There is a nice boat trip on the corrib, and a National Park in Connemara. In sligo if you can drive to Lough Gill lovely scenery, really is worth a look. Cant see you passing through Tuam but if you do happen to take a detour mind your camper van lol, I am on the look out for one. Have a nice trip. J
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7 Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Hello,
thanks for the tips. Will mor ethan likely take those routes as been on bike before, but in those days it was go fast,see something,move on. Now it will be clogging up the road, and pulling over to let tractors pass me!
I think I will be selling the camper as soon as I get home. Great for 4, not great for 7! Might surprise myself and really enjoy it all. I am planning a trip to Cooley Distillery near Dundalk as I worked in Scottish distilling for 20 years and have an "appreciation" drunken , then might go over to Galway by Cavan and see some relatives. I checked out what to do around Galway with the kids and hope not to have them near arcades-how long would a tenner last for each of them? €50 for 10mins... hoping for dry weather so we can be outside.
cheers,Mike
if you see us in Tuam, I'll supply the tea, you supply the Guiness Laughing

cheers,Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:54 am

No probs, guiness it is and a drop of Poitín. sunny
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7 Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:16 am

Hello,
had a good holiday and just back last night. Did not get to do most of the stuff we planned as other things popped up on route. Did get to the Kilbeggan Distillery and had a great visit there. I was well impressed and it is well worth a visit, even if whiskey is not for you.Even our kids enjoyed it as they can see all the old machinery moving. The old water wheel is still working and they still make whiskey although only about 1500 litres a week.(they are planning to make more).
Stayed in Sligo for a couple of days so the kids could get on the beach, then into Donegal and over to Tyrone to stay with relatives. I got €1.07 to £, so found eating out very expensive (7 of us), diesel approx same as Highlands of Scotland. Houses?!!! How can you afford them?
Apparently it has rained alot here since we left, and it was not too bad in Ireland , so result there!
cheers,Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 am

glad you and family had a good time, prices over here are ridiculous
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:02 pm

you where lucky you didnt visit this week it has lashed for the last few days. Glad you enjoyed your hols sunny
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:57 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Hello,
the cooper was Scottish, so might well be the same man. I ended up being there for 4 hours, wife and kids went off after 2 hours and came back for me. Got a few drams there!
People were top, especially the manager.
I was very surprised at the prices for eating out, but quality remains after the price is forgotten as they say!

cheers, Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down