Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT OF YOUR PITY

+4
AdamAndKenzie
Harry
celticpitbulls
iFoundNemo
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT OF YOUR PITY - Page 2 Empty Re: HEIGHT AND WEIGHT OF YOUR PITY

Post by eamo s Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:54 am

20 inches already, and nearly 4 stones. Your going to need a saddle for that dog lol!
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT OF YOUR PITY - Page 2 Empty Re: HEIGHT AND WEIGHT OF YOUR PITY

Post by YENALED Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:28 am

Eamo when will he stop going up and start growing out. lol!
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 am

26lbs is very small for a pit tho does any one agree? i like my dogs with a big head and on the heavyer side i think the standerd for a female is 30-60lb and males are 35-65lbs? i'm not doubting that she's a gorgeous dog but bit small for me lol :)
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah i agree chris. Like boots is 50lb but he does have a huge head and is very muscley but i still still he's too lean looking... I Dont like been able to see a dogs ribcage weither its meant to look like that or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:06 pm

YENALED1 wrote:Eamo when will he stop going up and start growing out. lol!
He'll go through his lanky stage first, roughly after a year he will start to fill out. It realy depends on the dog, i seen pups at 6 months old and starting to develop. I seen Hank at the walk and i was very impressed, he was a nice size and no way near the wrangey or lanky look. I think its because you are so used to seen him everyday :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:09 pm

BootsPitty wrote:Yeah i agree chris. Like boots is 50lb but he does have a huge head and is very muscular but i still still he's too lean looking... I Dont like been able to see a dogs ribcage whether its meant to look like that or not!
Tara i seen Boots many times, when i first seen him, i thought you had him on a mill, in my personal opinion he looks in tip top shape. His head isnt to big, thats a big put off for me, the head bigger than the chest. Hes a cracking looking dog :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:14 pm

slattery9104 wrote:26lbs is very small for a pit tho does any one agree? i like my dogs with a big head and on the heavier side i think the standard for a female is 30-60lb and males are 35-65lbs? i'm not doubting that she's a gorgeous dog but bit small for me lol :)
26 lbs for a A.P.B.T. was very common among the first dogs out in the earlier part of the last century. If the dog is meant to be that weight healthy, i dont see anything wrong with that. I had a 28 lb Buckskin bitch. She was practily ripped with muscle. Everyone has their own tastes in the description of the A.P.B.T. :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:52 pm

As far as I know in the standerd isn't it aslong as the weight is in proportion to the height it's ok? so if everything on the 26lb bitch was in proportion she'd be perfect. I think there is height standerds tho?

When I get my dog he should be between 20 and 30 kg. His Grandmother is 20 and his Grandfather 32kg and his father is 30kg, not sure on the mother's weight. Well when I say 'his father' i mean it will be his father lol

i'd love when im older to have like what Eamo said, a <30lb bitch where you can see every line on her.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:24 pm

eamo s wrote:
BootsPitty wrote:Yeah i agree chris. Like boots is 50lb but he does have a huge head and is very muscular but i still still he's too lean looking... I Dont like been able to see a dogs ribcage whether its meant to look like that or not!
Tara i seen Boots many times, when i first seen him, i thought you had him on a mill, in my personal opinion he looks in tip top shape. His head isnt to big, thats a big put off for me, the head bigger than the chest. Hes a cracking looking dog :D

lol! in a mill ..he'd be lucky to get out for a walk everyday lol! ive never seen his parents so his parents where properly the same as him Question yeah i dont like the dogs that there head is too big for its body or to small for its body

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:02 pm

as pits have always in the past being bred for performance and not looks hence the different types/looks they have my favorite would be as eamo said, i have a few different types/looks, i like the small and well defined 1 and the working type too, as mentioned i think by Tara once the head, body and weight is in proportion its all good for me. if you look at this link old pic's the APBT was smaller than today's dogs, i think pincher a Colby breed dog was probably 1 of the biggest in them days i could be wrong but i thought he was fab.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:52 pm

I could look at them old photos all day, yeah Colbys Pincher was over 70 lbs and classed as a big dog today :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:20 pm

have been trying to get around to doing this for ages..........
both dogs 5 months
Daisy - 39lbs - 19"
Vito - 31.5lbs - 18"

pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:27 pm

What the Fudge?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:30 pm

there big boned..... lol!
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:31 pm

just weighed butch last week he's 32kg i think that's in around 70-72lbs, 22" from the shoulder, he lost 2kgs since the last time i weighed him lol
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:34 pm

yeah its 70lbs
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:36 pm

multiply X2.2 for lbs.

So Butch = 32 X 2.2 = 70lbs
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Lilly hes in terrific condition and 2kgs whats that about 5lbs roughly. It doesnt sount alot but i bet he feels alot better now[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 pm

6% of his body.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 pm

yeah its very noticeable too, im using the back pack on him and still feeding him same as normal, see i can't let butch off leash so he's getting a good work out now with the back pack he's up to 4kg weight in it but i won't be putting it up more than that, i've noticed his back lags have got real big and his shoulders /chest, all in all he's looking more fit to start his agility training now.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Harry wrote:6% of his body.
It wouldnt be much if a dog doubled his weight lost that sort of weight. Im sure if you lost 2 kgs you would notice Shocked
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Pics? :please:
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:49 pm

do ya think the back pack is good.... was thinking about getting them for my two
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:50 pm

i'd be 2.6 Kg lighter lol, i'm only 40 now :L
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 pm

pitties rule wrote:do ya think the back pack is good.... was thinking about getting them for my two
They are effective once used in the right manner. I wouldnt have them carrying anything until they are 18months. Im sure Lilly would know more about this type of exercise. Her Butch has a back pack Wink
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next