Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Day At The Park

4 posters

Go down

A Day At The Park Empty A Day At The Park

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:13 pm

He is just like other dogs I would always say; He loves to go to the dog park to play every day Everyone loves him there, so it's ok; My dog won't fight--he wasn't raised that way But then one day, right before dark, A troubled young man came into the park He had by his side the biggest dog I'd ever seen, And unfortunately for us, both were quite mean We asked very nicely if they would just go; The dog answered with a snarl and the man with a harsh "NO!"Well his dog was a terror, threatening to all; Then he started a fight with a Lab over a ball They fought pretty hard and the man would not intervene; Then here comes my dog and pushes right in between He grabbed that big dog and thrashed him around; And with one quick jerk threw him down on the ground The Lab was able to escape; I heard everyone cheer; But my dog was now in a frenzy and would not let me near When he finally let go, what I saw stopped my heart; That big mean dog had been torn apart The authorities were called, the big dog was now dead; But they didn't take the big dog; they took my dog instead We all tried to explain that my dog saved the day; But because of his breed he was taken away You see my dog was a Pitbull and they don't get any breaks; One small incident is all that it takes dog had died; And though he hadn't started the fight, My dog was held responsible for what happened that night He was deemed a danger to all and sentenced to death; And I hold him now as he takes his last breath It's my fault that my dog is being killed today; Please listen for a moment to what I am going to say Everyone warned me about his potential to fight; I said it won't happen, I am raising him right And now my dog is paying the ultimate price; Because I was stubborn and wouldn't take the advice He only did what he was bred to do; Learn from our story; don't let it happen to you.

This poignant poem was written by, Sue Gauthier.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Day At The Park Empty Re: A Day At The Park

Post by SarahB58 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 pm

I like that poem, its really good, but the ending is just so sad Sad Sad Sad
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:24 pm

what it enplanes is that although some pittys are sound with other dogs if they are taunted enough they will react "just like any other breed" but they will certainly get the blame even though they never caused it.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB58 Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah, because of the publicity over them. Thats a great poem though. :)
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Its sad but true, there was a once an incident in America. Im sure some of you's heard about it. A big dog i wont say what breed, but very big, he grabbed a child and was shaking the life out of him. A man had his Pit Bull out, for a walk, not even half the weight of this dog. He heard distressing screams, the little dog ran at the big dog, he hit him with such force, he broke the dogs ribs. The main thing is that he saved that young childs life. The big dog had to be put down unfortunatley.

Last edited by eamo s on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB58 Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:46 pm

eamo s wrote:Its sad but true, there was a once an iccident in America. Im sure some of you's heard about it. A big dog i wont say what breed, but very big, he grabbed a child and was shaking the life out of him. A man had his Pit Bull out, for a walk, not even half the weight of this dog. He heard distressing screams, the little dog ran at the big dog, he hit him with such force, he broke the dogs ribs. The main thing is that he saved that young childs life. The big dog had to be put down unfortunatley.

Shocked Shocked I could'nt even imagine the way such a big dog could grab a child and shake the child around. A lot of damage, but lucky that the pit saved the childs life.
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Yeah and lucky the Pit Bull wasn't sentenced to death. That was a long time ago before the B.S.L. came in..
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:56 pm

i think we have that story here on the forum eamo.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 pm

^^^ were i wana read it i lve them storys

that poem is very nice read sad but its nice aswel

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 pm

yeah its sad alright but i.ve seen it happen..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Day At The Park Empty heya a pome i really like i hope you do to

Post by sonya93 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 pm

My muzzle makes you frightened of me
But my eyes are gentle can’t you see.
Don’t reach out your hand,
for I am banned
And nobody dare
Stroke my soft hair.

Running in the fields wild and free
A dream denied to dogs like me
Soon we’ll be part of history
a sad goodbye for all to see.
Why did men make us fight?
Just to feed their cruel delight

Walked in the dark, don’t see the light
The law doesn’t care about my plight
A blind man would hold me nice and tight
because in his eyes I would not bite
He would only see me as I am
Just a dog to touch his hand

For pitties sake, don’t you see?
Cruelty is my destiny
You may ask what I most miss
A gentle touch and a loving kiss
You may ask what type of dogs are we?
Just old Pit-bulls longing to be free
sonya93
sonya93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 pm

iv came close to it happen once or twice lucky i saw the other dog was winding my 2 up so i put there leads back on and walked away back to the car

Back to top Go down

Post by sonya93 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:52 pm

i havent never as yeah came to haven any other dog come near mine i fine if you walk pitt in the day you always get one that has to start so i now walk my dog at night when i no their no way my boy going to be in a fight
sonya93
sonya93

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 pm

very true poem sonya!
same here asti rs, its always good to understand your dogs behavior and body language, at least you could read this some people wouldn't have a clue and thats how these things happen.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sonya93 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:58 pm

a lily i have a ain in me hole with people hurting this breed it not the DOG it the people that cant look after them i would love a law put on the people and not the dog when will they get it WHEN
sonya93
sonya93

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 pm

sonya93 wrote:i havent never as yeah came to haven any other dog come near mine i fine if you walk pitt in the day you always get one that has to start so i now walk my dog at night when i no their no way my boy going to be in a fight

see Sonya thats because your trying to keep him safe as prevention is the best quire, i used to do that to but the truth is its not good for him mentally, he'll just not like dogs at all as he's not getting to spend any time with his own being, when you come to the walks all our dogs have muzzles as we have to due to the control of dogs act, but its a safe environment to bring him even if he's not socialized like my own, you'll be surprised how he will fit in and just be himself :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 am

sonya93 wrote:a lily i have a ain in me hole with people hurting this breed it not the DOG it the people that cant look after them i would love a law put on the people and not the dog when will they get it WHEN

lol i can understand your anger hun were all with you on that, thats what this forum is all about hun, promoting responsible owners and ownership. We'll get there if we keep chipping.. :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down