Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRAVEL SICKNESS

3 posters

Go down

TRAVEL SICKNESS Empty TRAVEL SICKNESS

Post by YENALED Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Need any bit of advice you have on dogs(puppy) getting sick in the car. Never had any trouble before, all my dogs love the car even the bullies on short runs. Hank has been coming with me all week to town, end of the road and even spends time just lying on the seat. He isn't nervous he really likes coming with me so I think it is just motion sickness. Thought i had cracked it yesterday seemed ok when we got home (10min drive) but this morning I found the sick behind the front seat, was so disappointed. It isn't going to be fun bringing him on the walk if he is feeling out of sorts, and its a pity because he is great on the lead. Any tips would be greatly appreciated I have only a week.
scratch
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

TRAVEL SICKNESS Empty Re: TRAVEL SICKNESS

Post by slattery9104 Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:40 pm

air is really good roll down the window abit it usta happen my boxer but never stopped him from jumping into my car soon as a door or window was open, i stopped feeding him about a hour or 2 before i'd bring him in the car, leav him get comfortable and open a window he never got sick once after it try that and hopefully it'l work, he might also just need getting usta the car some more and might sort itself out
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:21 pm

If he's not nervous just keep going on short runs with him, bring another dog with him to take his mind off it or bring a toy he likes to play with, maybe crate him aswell (depending on the car)

Hope it goes well, might not get to see him Sad The weekend after next my Dad is going to be driving to Kildare with me and Gran to look at the pups, then the week after that we're going to Donegal and then week after that back to Kildare to get the puppy :D So unless they let me go with some one on here, I probably wont be at the next walk Sad Sad Sad But after that i'll be at them with a Staffy :D I'll end up giving her back to Gran and getting Kani or Gypsy the wholetime lol.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:16 am

Moved:

To General Pit Bull Discussion Forum.

(Was going to PM you but CBA Razz)
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down