Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number of Pit's?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Number of Pit's? Empty Number of Pit's?

Post by Harry Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

When I first joined this site, I thought there might be 100Pits in the country, lol was I wrong or what? Razz So i'm asking ye how many ye would guess there is in Ireland (We'll leave out illegal one's in the north for now)

<500

500-1000

1000-1500

1500+

Going by what i've seen and very rough guesses to the number of dogs used for illegal purposes i'd say there is probably 1000-1500 in the country, what do you guys (and gals) think? Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Number of Pit's? Empty Re: Number of Pit's?

Post by celticpitbulls Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:29 pm

lol sure half that is put down in pounds each year keep going with a higher number harry..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 am

Are you serious? more than 1500? I thought people would laugh at that for being 2 high lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpitbull Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:45 pm

there is 3 near me and 1 didnt even no what the breed was till i was staring at there dog 1 day and said ovely pit you got they were its noot a pit i was yup it is i got my falla out of the car and was he is a pit yours is the exact same its a pit lets say thery were in shock and but the papers say there crazy dogs that changed or veiw .so alot of people may have pits and not no id say 2000 or more pits in ireland

blackpitbull

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 pm

lol there's probably more like half the human population of pit bulls in this country believe it or not. here in Dublin their everywhere! not sure about where you guys live?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 am

2 I know of, both living in the same halting site.....
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 am

you need to move to dublin harry, there's pit bulls every corner you look here.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:27 am

Won't be long till I do.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by shanepit Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:43 pm

wats up with that chap more like 120,000 theres 1500 in carlow
shanepit
shanepit

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:56 pm

This is a kinda strange 1st post to put up?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:21 am

shanepit wrote:wats up with that chap more like 120,000 theres 1500 in carlow
hello shane welcome 2 the forum have u got any dogs ur self? i dont think any1 can put a number on the amount of pit bulls here in dublin, carlow or anywhere. But 1 thing is 4 sure there is no shortage of the breed.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shanepit Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:55 pm

yea have 4 pits 3 bitchs and a dog all have chinaman blood and tombstone on the sire side and pat patricks on the dam and a bit of don mayfield snoop, chico, flick, missie around them all me life a lot of half breed dog on this site. go in 2 iron cross kennels get a look at stalefish some dog even doe he ait pure pit
shanepit
shanepit

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:05 pm

shanepit wrote:yea have 4 pits 3 bitchs and a dog all have chinaman blood and tombstone on the sire side and pat patricks on the dam and a bit of don mayfield snoop, chico, flick, missie around them all me life a lot of half breed dog on this site. go in 2 iron cross kennels get a look at stalefish some dog even doe he ait pure pit

ahh i think your talking a bit out of school here, you don't know what lines people have here and what they don't, some people on this forum have dogs with no lineage and they should be respected as much as those of us that have peds after all some of the most so called famous lines out there came from non ped dogs, another thing we dont normally chat about our dogs lines here but ill ask ya this just out of curiosity and being you sound and come across that you know it all, look at my profile pic, is that bitch a half bred dog??? and how can you distinguish the difference between lines etc in a specific dog just by looking at them??
emm this the kennels your talking about??

IRON CROSS KENNELS LIES EXPOSED

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

really you come on here and make a statement like """a lot of half breed dog on this site""" and yet you recommended we look at this kennel thats breeding in this manner and being accused of breeding half bred dogs itself scratch
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shanepit Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:11 pm

the sire and dam of the dogs were imported 40 years ago by my da they have the dogs blood i said. and yea i no a bit about pits i,d want 2 have them 30 year my self and no i dont no it all never will but i no me pits.tat means notting just cause i said look at the site i said his a nice dog tats all man.and yea lad a lot of staff/pit mixs get them dna tested i no wat i have ha ha ha
shanepit
shanepit

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:30 pm

well ya sound like your just reading to many books pal, the bitch in the profile pic has the same lines you mentioned in your last post, she's 38lbs and far from having a big body and nut looking head that you describe lol! ignorance is a bad thing to endure in a person, judging books by there cover is never a very good idea, i would have thought that some1 like you as you say 30 years around pits would know that golden rule, people here also know what dogs they have and doubt there's any need for DNA testing, we just dont feel the need to brag or state what knowledge we have or dont have unless we are asked to do so, thats just the kind of behavior of an amateur, topically jumping in head first trying to be something they are not, just 1 more thing before we go any further, id suggest you go read the rules of the forum about the slagging of members dogs, for me your pussy little comments mean nothing but it wont be tolerated by this association to have any of their members insulted with your comments relating to their dogs.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shanepit Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:14 pm

its a bad pic then lad it looks as doe shes 22in tall with a 17in head in tat pic but if shes breed the way u said then who cares wat she looks like were yea get her lad up the north.how many dogs u have how long u got him
shanepit
shanepit

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

i actually like that pic, she's 19inchs tall with 18inch head and to be honest it dont really come into it the way she was bred for me, yes its nice to have somewhat history of your dogs breeding but its just so sad the history itself, i think the breed is amazing regardless of what way they have being bred or not, most pit bulls dont have a ped and yet most lines out there came from scattered bred dogs etc but it don't say their not just as good as 1 with a ped, i did read a comment here before from a member and he hit the nail on the head when he said " its not the paper that makes the dog its the dog that makes the papers" i bred her myself, Frisco, Patrick and jeep lines, the sire and dam i also have both with peds and got here in Dublin, the pit bull was never bred for looks mainly performance hence the different appearances of some, as they old saying goes the real deal is very rarely noticed, i have 3 pits at the moment and have owned them since '87,. so whats the crack with your dogs are they all from the same littler?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 pm

shanepit wrote:the sire and dam of the dogs were imported 40 years ago by my da they have the dogs blood i said. and yea i no a bit about pits i,d want 2 have them 30 year my self and no i dont no it all never will but i no me pits.tat means notting just cause i said look at the site i said his a nice dog tats all man.and yea lad a lot of staff/pit mixs get them dna tested i no wat i have ha ha ha

i did notice you said the sire and dam of your dogs where imported here 40 years ago but im a bit confused since some of the dogs you mentioned were not even born then? such as chinaman he was born in '77 maybe you could shed some light on this for us?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shanepit Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:01 pm

yea tats right me da inported don mayfield and pat patrick blood and i went up north for tomestone and chainman blood in 1997.its all about the breeding lad and am not saying fighting them is good because its not but they have 2 b game for any sport and not quit. i do a bit of weight pulling with them. 2 are litter mate 2 bitch there 6 and ther mother is 10. the dog is 8
shanepit
shanepit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:09 pm

shanepit wrote:yea tats right me da inported don mayfield and pat patrick blood and i went up north for tomestone and chainman blood in 1997.its all about the breeding lad and am not saying fighting them is good because its not but they have 2 b game for any sport and not quit. i do a bit of weight pulling with them. 2 are litter mate 2 bitch there 6 and ther mother is 10. the dog is 8
get some pics up shane !

Back to top Go down

Post by shanepit Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:48 pm

yea i will in the next few days
shanepit
shanepit

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:02 pm

If u want, u can email them to me and I'll upload them to the site 4 u. Just click the envelope under my name.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by shanepit Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:12 pm

yea no bother man sorry for calling a clown your only a chap nice dog how old is he i,ll have 2 take a few pic first.
shanepit
shanepit

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks, but she's not mine, her name is Karma, she was bred by a member on the forum, mark, he just took her back a few weeks ago cos the owner got a new job with longer hours. I was just walking her that day Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum