Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you call it racism, lack of knowledge or fear? Or maybe just pure**##*#!!!

4 posters

Go down

Would you call it racism, lack of knowledge or fear? Or maybe just pure**##*#!!! Empty Would you call it racism, lack of knowledge or fear? Or maybe just pure**##*#!!!

Post by iFoundNemo Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:24 pm

I just get so tired of some ppl sometimes...The other day i was at my friends house and had my pitbull with me. He was sleeping on a blanket downstairs with us while we were watching tellie. Their dog was tied up outside on the balkony upstairs and its a babygate at the top of the stairs so Nemo couldn't get up to the second floor. My friends dads girlfriend came home from work and saw Nemo downstairs. She took their dog and left the house saying she didn't feel safe in the house with a pitbull in it and she didnt want me to ever come around with the dog again, but i was welcome without him. He was the first pitbull she seen in real life. She thought he was gonna run up the stairs through the babygate and rip her dog appart. (we had already been there 2hrs when she came home without Nemo paying any attention to the dog upstairs.) Her dog is a jack russel cairn terrier mix he has bitten other dogs and children more than once! My dog get's his a** whooped my a 12lbs dog every day and have never ever showed any signs of aggression... Still she didn't feel safe with a pitbull in the house and left... In my oppinion she has a vicious dog? I respect some ppl think pitbulls are a bit scary especially if they dont know anyting about the breed but i think she overreacted...Lack of knowledge and influenced by media maybe but i just get so sick of some ppl sometimes Sad Sad
iFoundNemo
iFoundNemo

Back to top Go down

Would you call it racism, lack of knowledge or fear? Or maybe just pure**##*#!!! Empty Re: Would you call it racism, lack of knowledge or fear? Or maybe just pure**##*#!!!

Post by eamo s Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:14 pm

You mentioned a very good point, she never seen a Pitbull in real life. Alot of people are afraid of this type of breed, until they get to know them. If she doesnt want to get to know Nemo, its her loss and shes afraid of the truth about this breed of dog. Her dog attacked other dogs is one thing, but to bite a child or an adult. Now thats serious, she would want to take her head out of the sand and get her dog sorted out. It could be a realy young child that this dog will bite. Whats bothering me, why wasnt she reported about these attacks. At the end of the day, you are a responsible of a realy powerful yet gentle and playful dog. I woudnt let her get me down like that, you have a good head on your shoulders. People are going to take notice of your dog in a more positive way :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Would you call it racism, lack of knowledge or fear? Or maybe just pure**##*#!!! Empty Re: Would you call it racism, lack of knowledge or fear? Or maybe just pure**##*#!!!

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:48 pm

i think as bully owners we have to understand the fear the general public have of the breed as we can't blame the public after all its what they have being led to believe, i think when owning bully breeds or most strong breeds that come into the category of "that's 1 of them dogs" our first rule should be to expect it, its how we go about it that counts at the end of the day, by the sounds of it you held your self well fair play and in the end your dog will speak for its self when his temperament is questioned by the uneducated i doubt you'll have anything to worry about, in fact id look more forward to all the people's mind you will change in a positive way when meeting your boy rather than the 1s that are not willing to ever listen or even give the chance.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iFoundNemo Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 am

What annoys me was that he was the first pitbull she met and she already had an oppinion about hin, he's a killerdog. Cos thats what it says in the papers. My friend adores him, her dad wad down giving Nemo a pet and had no problem with him. It was just his missus. And like i said, i do respect some ppl are affraid of them but thats why he was kept on a lead when i brought him out for a wee. Its their house and i respect she doesn't want him running around loose. But think she was silly putting her dog in the car driving off cos she felt unsafe...well well suppose your always gonna meet ppl like that when you choose a bully breed.
iFoundNemo
iFoundNemo

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm

that does sound a bit drastic to go off without letting you put your point across or even help her understand there is a beautiful side to the pitbull that everyone should get to know. I can't help but get the feeling that you and your lovely dog might have been used as a way to get back at maybe the father for something that had happened earlier. Is it possible that you walked into a situation and she used you as a tool to get back at someone else. Has she met you before if so I am sure she would know of Nemo and you would have had some idea of her feeling towards pits. If you only met her for the first time then she was damn right rude and could of made an excuse to leave. If I was your friends father I know whos bags would be packed and chucked out the window for when she got back. LOL. Still seriously must have been upsetting for you and at the end of the day its her loss, some people will always prefer to live in a box and refuse to see beyond that. Shallow.......
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 pm

well said, and i agree 100% its their loss missing out on such a fantastic dog. :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum