Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supplies for new house puppy?

5 posters

Go down

Supplies for new house puppy? Empty Supplies for new house puppy?

Post by Harry Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Could anyone help me with a list of what i'll need for a new puppy? I never had a house dog before and need to know what i'll need Razz

I have a few things but is there anything else?

Crate
Kong
Collar/Harness
Bed (2nd room he'll be in in the evening)

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Supplies for new house puppy? Empty Re: Supplies for new house puppy?

Post by YENALED Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Food
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:13 pm

A lot of love and caring, vaccinations. :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:00 pm

I can't wait for this :D either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in September i'm going to England and getting a Blue Staffy puppy!!! Can't wait to bring him to the walks and to socialiastion classes.

He's not going to be living with me tho, he's living with my Gran and we Co-Owning him (well I won't be on the IKC papers for a year and a half more)

Gaaawd I can't wait lol.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:32 am

hahah aw nice one delighted for you harry, make sure and get a grooming mit if he's going to be staying in home and use it on him after his walks every day that should limit the ammount of hair in the house its simple put on the glove ant pet him like you normally would their hair is short but still can be a pain when it builds up in the house and gets stuck in the couch and cant be removed with the hoover hahahtrust me the boxers coat was the same and it was impossible to remove the lil hairs out of everything hahah
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara the vet Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:07 am

for the kong you can get the special puppy paste and treats,also a hypoallergenic food like burns puppy food is really really good as trust me you dont want any allergic reactions and puppies can sometimes have very sensitive tummies so its better to get a good food without any crap in it and stick to it,switching and changing the food is a big no no unless they really really hate it.
also a good flea shampoo with tea tree oil as if they are gonna be living inside but playing outside with other dogs you def dont want to have any fleas biting you in the house.
cine loves her rope toy, we do a tug of war with it so def get one of those,it helps them learn bite inhibition aswell which is really important.
MICROCHIP her straight away when your getting the vaccines done,some vets say dont do it until they are getting spayed cause it does hurt the dog due to the massive needle but its a few seconds of pain they will get over and its just so much safer for them to have it from the minute you own them.
there is one last thing that cine loves and helped her sleep at night too,a really large gorilla teddy!!! she snuggles up to it and falls fast asleep and then wakes up in the morning drags him outta the crate and starts playing with him,its her absolute fave thing in the world and i would have had alot more sleepless nights if it wasnt for him.
word of warning though this is not for all dogs as some dogs just love tearing them to shreds but hey its an idea :)
Clara the vet
Clara the vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Ya, depends on the dog some would rip them apart and some wouldn't. Thanks for the advice peeps, the mit is a good idea alright. When Ruby broke her leg we had to bring her to the vets in the car not the jeep where they usually go cos dad was at work, getting 3" white hairs out of black carpet is a b**** lol.

What is special about the Burns food Clara? My young dog Ruby, her breeder fed Clinivet to his puppies and that's all she's been on and she's almost 14 months now and Bobby has been on it since we got her aswell. That's what the new dog will be on.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara the vet Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:29 pm

clinivet is just as good harry,the only thing with burns is that its 100% natural food made by a vet and is also hypoallergenic,the main thing to avoid with food is all the chemicals and supplements they put in some foods to make them taste nicer but theyr not that good for the dog esp the ones that list meat derivatives which are usually the hooves etc of the animal rather than actual meat,so really just a quick look at the ingredients does the trick as anything that has loadsa chemicals and words you dont have a clue about are a no no,the simplier the ingredients the better for your dog
Clara the vet
Clara the vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:11 pm

is that what you feed your dog?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Clinivet Super Premium Complete Dog Food-

Chicken Meat Meal 37%,
Brown Rice, Corn 22%,
Chicken Oil, Oats,
Herring,
Dried Brewers Yeast,
Dried Whole Egg,
Sugar Beet Pulp,
Whole Linseed,
Fish Oils,
Minerals,
Vitamins,
Glucosamine,
Chondroitin
and MSM

Burns Pet Food-

Brown Rice (min 63%),
Chicken (min 20%),
Oats,
Peas,
Chicken Oil,
Sunflower Oil,
Seaweed,
Minerals & Vitamins

From the looks of it Burns would be healthier because it has less ingredients but Clinivet is 26% Protein and Burns is 18%

BTW this is for "From maturity upwards" in both brands, I think new puppy will be on Clinivet anyway.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:00 am

i've always fed my dogs hills pet plan, what you think of that brand clara? is it any good? it costs a fortune but my mate father works in the factory so most the time i get i buy ones off him for half price, theres nothing rong only if the lable comes out arse ways on the bag or something is cosmetically rong the foods always perfect
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara the vet Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 am

well i dont know hills myself but like i said a quick look at the ingredients will let you know if its a good food or just full of additives or chemicals but i would say that if your dog has been on the same food for years and they like it then its prob best to stick with that one as a change in diet can upset their tummies and immune system aswel,i was just recommending starting a puppy off on as natural a food as poss like the burns
Clara the vet
Clara the vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:19 am

oh rite, i think i'll keep with hills all the vets down here reccommend it thats why i use it but its funny its the most expensive that the vets old and they all reccommend it hahah Cool you can get different types hill food one for dogs with alergies one for dogs with digestive problems etc, it kept my doberman fat when he lost loads of weight its a great food to use i found if your dog has just been sick for a bit and lost a lil weight i think its bout 70-75 euro for a the large bags
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara the vet Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 am

ah well its prob just as good and natural as the burns then and all the vets recommened it so much prob cause they get a little present if they old a certain amount hehe :) jk
Clara the vet
Clara the vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:40 am

hahah i'l try find a link to it if you want to have a look
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 am

heres a link to a site where you can see all the different stuff some of their food can only be got with perscription as far as i know but 90% you can buy with out one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:04 am

How come ya never told me about these half price bags? you'd make a fortune selling them on done deal or something Razz (there's my plan gave away Razz)
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:09 am

hahah i already make enough money online that'd be too much hastle for what i'd make doing it hahah and its only time to time he might get one bag and theres times he get about 30 hahah
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:11 am

well she won't be hungry them days anyway lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 am

hahah the bags last fairly long too i'd say you'd get a month out of 70 euro worth feeding your pitbull (full adult) 2 full bowls a day
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:15 am

That's what Bobby eats of Clinivet for 40 sterling delivered in 2 days for free :D
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:19 pm

12th of September and i'll be back from England, so get your broadband in condition, there's going to be a PIC O-O-O-O-O-V-V-V-V-V=ERLOAD!!!!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down