Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Home/Caravan in Galway or north west coast

+2
celticpitbulls
Mike7
6 posters

Go down

Holiday Home/Caravan in Galway or north west coast  Empty Holiday Home/Caravan in Galway or north west coast

Post by Mike7 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello,
I am thinking of coming over to visit my relatives in the summer. I don't want to overstay my welcome with them, so also want to look into hiring a house or caravan in Galway,Sligo Donegal area.
I need room for 2 adults, 5 kids and 2 dogs. If anyone knows a contact please PM me.
cheers,Mike.

Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Holiday Home/Caravan in Galway or north west coast  Empty Re: Holiday Home/Caravan in Galway or north west coast

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:51 pm

hi mike, this week has being a little busy for us all with the Aces warm up day, im sure it wont take long and some1 here might be able to help you out Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Holiday Home/Caravan in Galway or north west coast  Empty Re: Holiday Home/Caravan in Galway or north west coast

Post by Mike7 Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Hello.
No problem as I have a wee bit of time yet. With the price of fuel going the way it is, we might be at home this summer anyway Crying or Very sad
cheers Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 pm

yeah its robbery the prices of fuel.. Crying or Very sad
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sabbyp Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Mike,

Try the links below, you might find a suitable place on one of those sites. You've picked a beautiful part of the country to visit, I'm from Sligo myself and lived in Galway for a while. The beaches along the west/north west coast are just stunning.
Good luck and enjoy your trip!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sabbyp
sabbyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7 Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Hello,
thanks for the links Sabby. Been to Galway on motorbike trips and love it. Don't know if we will deffo get over to the "auld country" this year with the price of everything the way it is.
Ferry is another rip off cos I have a VW Caravelle, 7 passengers and 2 dogs!!
charge extra cos of vehicle length and cos we need a roof box.
(might just need to go over to Dublin with some pals for the football in July Laughing )
cheers,Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 pm

My dad left on his motorbike trip today. What bike do ya have?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:09 am

Is he gone on a trip Harry? Im hopen to get a few boys together and take a trip to Spain. The bad thing with the Fazer is the seat, after a few hrs your like John Wayne gettin off the saddle. Im after a Fazer 1000, i was originaly after a Blade. But its not practical for me.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:37 am

Yes, he should be landing in France in a couple of hours. They have gone down to Spain before, last year they went to Germany and I think that's the direction they're going this time aswell.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:19 pm

So they went over on the boat, a long trip over. A few of my mates take regular trips to Germany to buy bikes. I bet your da is having a great time, just hope the weather holds out cheers
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:00 pm

The boat left Rosslare at 9pm on Friday and arrived af around 3pm today I think. I think the plan was to go up through Germany if the weather was good and down south if the weather was bad.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:05 am

I'd just go south either way, i cant get enough of that precious Vitamin D (Sun) sunny I hope he has a ball out there with his buddys. Its the Ferry ride that would kill me lol!
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7 Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Harry,
I have a 1998 triumph speed triple. Its the last of the single headlight ones. Had it 1 year. Before that I had a pretty heavily customised V-max for 15 years or so. Used to go all over Europe and regular trips to England/Ireland. 15k miles a year and none of that was commuting to work. Then started having kids and miles went down to 500/700 a year.
Went to a few rallies in Germany, Belgium etc. Also went to Bilbao and north of Spain into Portugal, but that was on a VFR 750.
Had a good ride up from Limerick to Galway on a GPZ with a couple I met earlier that day. Had a right good time.Happy days!
Good time of year for Spain as too warm for me later on. Few days in the sun and I go from pale blue to white in no time!
cheers,Mike Laughing
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:43 pm

They're in Bruges today (like the movie with Colin Farrell)
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7 Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 am

Hello,
bought an old motorhome and heading over to relatives in Tyrone, then over to Galway and Donegal if we have time. Not taking the dogs incase of any issue getting back home.
Heading over on 4th August for 7 days, so be good to see anyone around the area.
cheers,Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:25 am

What part of Galway will you be visiting Mike?
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Yenaled1,
don't know! We will see how it goes. We will need to take a tent as there are too many of us, so will need to go to campsites I reckon.
Yesterday I was sorting out a few things in the van and finished late but decided to go a wee trip with 2 kids and Arthur just to try things out. Drove 40 miles and the van went great.We had a nice walk in the woods from 10pm to 11pm. But the midges were terrible! Wanted to get up early and go a nice walk this morning but the midges were waiting for us! Back home and in the house for breakfast at 9.30am.
The 2 boys slept in the cab above, and I was alone on the fold down double... for 10 seconds until Arthur came up. Tried to get him on the floor, but no chance. Mind you,he was warmer than the wife and less fidgety, so at least that was an improvement.Gave me a kiss without first telling me that was all I was getting!
cheers,Mike
Mike7
Mike7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down