Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well what a day i had yesterday

4 posters

Go down

well what a day i had yesterday Empty well what a day i had yesterday

Post by AdamAndKenzie Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 am

Well there i was about to take kenzie to the woods for a walk. i just came out the house with him on the lead but didnt have his muzzle on simply because we were just gonna jump in the car. out of nowhere an unaccompanied little terrier comes along (which is always walking the streets unaccompanied.) kenzie sniffed him and he growled at kenzie. i pulled kenzie away and the dog came up to kenzie again. when kenzie sniffed him again he bit kenzie in the eye. so then kenzie bit him on the side of the face. just had a hold him and wouldnt let go. he wasnt trying to rip or hurt him he was just holding him. after 2 or 3 mins i managed to get him off and by this point there were about 10-20 people around shouting at me saying my dog was vicious and shouldnt be allowed out the house (to which i defended him). It just really annoys me that other dogs can walk the street without anyone taking notice and when it gets into a fight its the dog thats on the lead that gets the blame simply because of his breed. both dogs are ok. i was trying to explain that if kenzie wanted to seriously hurt the other dog he would have killled it but they wouldnt have it. just thought i'd share my experience
AdamAndKenzie
AdamAndKenzie

https://facebook.com/Adam.Jason.smith

Back to top Go down

well what a day i had yesterday Empty Re: well what a day i had yesterday

Post by deed not breed Wed May 18, 2011 9:01 am

omg that was an eventful day i hate that to its not to bad where i am the owners who hav super friendly and trained dogs let them off on our green but u dnt mind that its the little cranky ones that do it !!! i hope kenzie dosent get labeled for this its just ignorance and people looking for somethin to gossip about keep the chin up cherry
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 am

all i can say is that typical....... loads of dogs roaming around my area and your the worse in the world because you have your dog(s) on a lead...... i could strangle some ppl due to there ignorance.
there over giving out to you and they didnt notice the other dog starting it. let it fall on deaf ears coz its gonna keep happening once you own a pitbull. sad but true coz of uneducated ejits
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 am

Mad where are the dog wardens?? thats what I'd like to know

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Thats horrible that they blamed your dog, but it always happens... People dont care what the little dog did to start it. Shadow attacked a king charels before, the king charels was on a strechy lead and came up to shadow barking & growling (my brother was walking shadow on a new lead) he asked her to pull her dog back & she just laughed!! Next thing shadow jumped for the little dog & the lead snapped, she grabbed the little dogs side but as u said she she didnt shake it or anything just held it. My brother had her let go in a few seconds (with no help from the woman) all the woman was doing was screaming abuse at my brother. I know my brother should of had shadows muzzle on but it was a hot day & we didnt have a cage muzzle at the time. The woman couldnt except the fact if she had pulled her dog away or had it on a short lead shadow wouldnt of reacted... Its just how people are always blame the big dog

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamAndKenzie Wed May 18, 2011 11:13 pm

ya people are just naive and ignorant. i've seen that little dog roaming around loads and some woman told me it went for her jack russell once too. if our dogs were to roam the streets there would be hell to pay. if i see the dog around again i might just phone the warden. kenzie eye is quite bad where he got bit, i don't blame him at all for biting back!
AdamAndKenzie
AdamAndKenzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 1:04 am

Aw poor fella, hope his eye is ok... Sure theres one like that around here who had a go at shadow, seen it today but i had a big stick with me & when he came running at shadow i gave him a belt with it... He turned & ran off so that stick is definitely coming with me on every walk Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

poor kenzie, i hope his eye gets better soon and there is no lasting damage
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamAndKenzie Fri May 20, 2011 5:58 pm

eye loads better now, got some drops from vets and some pain relief. been running around the forest today with his pittie friend Halo like nothing happened.
AdamAndKenzie
AdamAndKenzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Thats great, glad he's feeling better

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Fri May 20, 2011 10:22 pm

AdamAndKenzie wrote:eye loads better now, got some drops from vets and some pain relief. been running around the forest today with his pittie friend Halo like nothing happened.

thats great news at least there was no major damage done.... they bounce back quick
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed Sat May 21, 2011 8:56 am

yep they do best dogs ever it good to hear he ok Surprised
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content