Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet Friendly Housing in Dublin

3 posters

Go down

Pet Friendly Housing in Dublin Empty Pet Friendly Housing in Dublin

Post by Devyn Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:42 am

So as most of you know I am moving to Dublin for veterinary school in a few months and need some advice on finding pet friendly rentals in Dublin near the UCD campus. I have 3 dogs - 2 pit bulls and 1 SBT. I am coming from the US and I am told that by everyone that it is best to see a flat in person prior to renting it. The issue is that I can only afford to fly to Ireland once and that is when I fully move, so I will have 3 dogs in tow and need to stay I guess in a hotel or something while I search for a flat. It is a little scary to think to move to Dublin with no place to live with 3 dogs!

I will have vet records for all dogs as well as a letter from my current landlord on what great pet tenants they are. One of my dogs is CGC cert so I will bring that as well. They are all seniors, so they are very well behaved, quiet, easy going dogs.

Does anyone have any recommendations on finding pet friendly housing in Dublin? Is it hard to find places that allow pit bulls? (it is extremely hard here in LA!). Would it be possible for me to find a place that would allow 3 dogs? Is it possible for me to do any legwork here in the US prior to coming to Dublin? I have looked on a few of the rental sites like daft.ie for places, but of course I am a bit far out to be serious in my search yet. I would be moving probably mid to late August.

My parents think I should try to find someone to foster my dogs for 5 years while I am in school, but finding homes for pit bulls is extremely hard and finding a foster home for senior dogs would be impossible. Plus my dogs are my family, so I would like them to stay with me if I can somehow make it work. I have moved cross country with my dogs, but never to another country completely.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Especially if you know of pet friendly rentals!
Devyn
Devyn

http://www.ieleather.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Pet Friendly Housing in Dublin Empty Re: Pet Friendly Housing in Dublin

Post by Harry Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have a look there.

Also, here are some tips:

1) You have 3 mongrels, possibly Labrador x's, you're not really sure.
2) You keep them in crates whenever you go out
3) All the dogs attend training classes regularly in LA
4) One has even gained his/her Canine Good Citizen
5) They're all elderly dogs who never cause any damage

Those 5 points will help you IMO, they don't have to be true (all except 4 probably aren't) basically exaggerate as much as you can and don't mention Bull or Pit in any correspondence with the landlord.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 am

Oh and 6) You're attending UCD to do a vet course.

That one would be good too Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 am

Devyn, I really hope you know what you are doing? It is a huge undertaking moving from another country on your own but with three dogs, I get nervous thinking about it lol. i dont really know the rental scene in dublin but I am sure there are agencies that will help you find suitable accommodation (for a fee) and maybe one of our members can check it out for you to confirm it would be suitable if only on a temp basis. To find a hotel that will take 3 dogs IMO will be impossible and you have to also keep in mind alot of rental accommodation will be taken as students here have already started to look. Have you any family over here?
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks Harry - very good tips!

I agree Yenaled - the whole moving to a new country is scary enough as it is let alone trying to bring 3 dogs with me. I am just not sure what else to do as they are my family and I have no one to leave them with. I am trying to research as much as possible and see if I can have some rental company help me find a place. And also trying to get to know people already in Dublin who might be able to check out places for me as that would be extremely helpful! I sadly do not have any family in Dublin. I am taking a leap of faith here as going to vet school is my dream. I am hoping that somehow this will all come together for me.

Devyn
Devyn

http://www.ieleather.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:12 pm

I say your best bet is to contact a few rental companies first & see if they can help with advice on housing etc... I really hope the move works out for you & your dogs. I'm sure you'll get some help & support from members of the forum. I would offer to help with finding somewhere for you to stay with your dogs but I'm still living at home & really wouldnt have a clue Embarassed I say you will be able to find somewhere that would suit you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down