Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions on Muzzling Pit Bulls - restrictions

3 posters

Go down

Questions on Muzzling Pit Bulls - restrictions Empty Questions on Muzzling Pit Bulls - restrictions

Post by Devyn Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:45 pm

I am moving to Dublin in August (flight is booked!!!!) from the U.S. and I know that there are restrictions on Pit Bulls and SBTs in Ireland that they must be on leash at all time (no problem) and must wear a muzzle in public. How strictly are the laws enforced in Dublin? I have seen many photos in the gallery of dogs without muzzles on, so how exactly does everything work over there? I definitely have no issues following the laws and I will do anything to make sure my dogs are safe, but want to get the lowdown from current residents on what exactly is needed.

Also what kind of muzzles do you find are the best to use? Should I buy them here in the US and bring them over with me or is it easier to buy them in Ireland? Thanks in advance for your responses! :)
Devyn
Devyn

http://www.ieleather.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Questions on Muzzling Pit Bulls - restrictions Empty Re: Questions on Muzzling Pit Bulls - restrictions

Post by Harry Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 am

I think it's enforced more in some area's more than others. So if you end up living in a quiet enough area then you wouldn't have to be overly worried.

I thought you had terrier mixes anyway?? Razz Razz

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Questions on Muzzling Pit Bulls - restrictions Empty Re: Questions on Muzzling Pit Bulls - restrictions

Post by YENALED Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 am

Devyn, I think the safest option is to follow the rules. Just because some areas dont enforce the law at the moment it could all change the minute you decide to take your dogs for a walk on public roads. Some of the pics in the gallery can be deceptive as you dont know where the dogs are at the time the pics are taken. I dont step outside my property without a muzzle on my dog except when we are at our events and it can be taken off for certain activities. If there is the slightest chance you might cross paths with another dog it doesnt matter how friendly your lads are the safest option is follow the rules and then you cant be blamed for anything. I like to think of a muzzle as a tool to keep my dog safe.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 am

always have your dog leashed and muzzled , its much safer for everyone , dogs and humans Wink and them wardens can sneak out of anywere Laughing and you never know whos watchen you , so better to start a you mean to go on over here and be respsonible , obey the law and you should have no problems x

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 am

Thanks! I will definitely have my dogs in muzzles whenever out in public. Any ideas or tips on how to get them used to the muzzle since they have never had to wear one before? I want to make it a positive experience, so they do not think they are being punished. Also are some types of muzzles better than others - what kind do you use?
Devyn
Devyn

http://www.ieleather.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down