Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight pull training day NEW VENUE

+4
Harry
pitties rule
Philly Mc00
celticpitbulls
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weight pull training day NEW VENUE - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight pull training day NEW VENUE

Post by Savage Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:18 pm

there was about 12 dogs i think. no idea who won but there was a great little staffy cross that pulled 22 times his weight. lovely friendly fella too.

hank ran down the track with half a wall on the trolley!
butch got bored with pulling bricks and children & demanded a truck for the next one.
phil had two out and both looked like great little brickies.
dolly upped her best to 16.5 times her weight and then decided my kid's chicken roll was much more interesting.

im sure the girls will get the results up soon enough.
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Weight pull training day NEW VENUE - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight pull training day NEW VENUE

Post by Harry Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks Barry!

I like the sounds of that, think we should organise an American Bull Vs. American Bull Pull haha.

What training are you doing with Dolly?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:33 pm

2 hour walks everyday. 2nd hour we go down to the ducks and swans and i let her pull like crazy. then home for 20 mins on the mill.

apartment living in the city isnt exactly ideal for performance training a dog :-/
Savage
Savage

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:51 pm

That's a lot! You're right about the city too, not ideal.

Eddie pulls like a basta*d if there's a horse about, doesn't mind cows or sheep, but pulls the arm off me around horses, hates them!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Lilly pulled 25.8 times her body weight before I had to leg it outta there, I think there was plenty left in her aswell.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Coming close on that record now Phil.

33x's is the Irish record, held by Paul Lockheart with Jack. (SBT)

49x's is the EU record, held by Steve Owen with Diddy (AB)
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:24 pm

She's only paving the way for Charlo, he's a next up and comer lol
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:45 pm

R-r-r-results?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:46 am

Sorry I couldn't make it, hope the day went well Cool
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Sorry there are no results as there where no details taken on the warm-up and we had to finish early due to Unforeseen circumstances. There was 24 blocks and practically all dogs pulled what was in the room anyway. It was a training day to work on the dogs techniques rather than a competition. Great day.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 am

Harry wrote:Coming close on that record now Phil.

33x's is the Irish record, held by Paul Lockheart with Jack. (SBT)

49x's is the EU record, held by Steve Owen with Diddy (AB)

Harry i have to say these dogs on sunday were outstanding and were only in first gear. we had little alba only a tiny little staff pulled 12 blocks not a bother to her she must weigh about 10 to 15lbs lol she has it sused to a tea, its just about building them up now and at our next training day we up the game a bit. ive no doubt that our dogs would pull that now but we want to build them up slow and get a wee bit more experience on their technique. Its a pity you missed the day you would have really enjoyed it.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 am

Yeah, there definitely seems like there's much more left in these dogs to come out yet. I always told those American Bulldog people that they picked the wrong breed. The APBTs are already wiping the floor with them after 2/3 days! Laughing

I'm sending Eddie to a secret training camp for the next two weeks while I'm in Spain, he'll be the finished article when I collect him lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 am

lol thats it harry Razz
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Harry wrote:Yeah, there definitely seems like there's much more left in these dogs to come out yet. I always told those American Bulldog people that they picked the wrong breed. The APBTs are already wiping the floor with them after 2/3 days! Laughing

I'm sending Eddie to a secret training camp for the next two weeks while I'm in Spain, he'll be the finished article when I collect him lol!

lol!
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2