Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping us to Help you!

4 posters

Go down

Helping us to Help you! Empty Helping us to Help you!

Post by Admin Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 am

Greetings! As you all know we have being working hard to promote not only responsible dog ownership but to promote responsible owners in general, all to often responsible dog owners and their well behaved and controlled pet's have been unfairly painted with the same brush as the irresponsible owner. Its time we now take a stand as a community of responsible dog owners to educate the general public about our association and what we do!

We are delighted to tell our members that we have finely finished our association leaflets containing 10 of the most important tip's in relation to responsible dog ownership, and the safety of children.

we will be having a collection on the 28th march at the walk, all donations will be much appreciated and will go to the printing of these leaflets and promoting us as a community of responsible pit bull terrier owners.
Each and every responsible pit bull terrier owner will gain respect and benefit from the promotion our association will provide.

Thanks for reading and see you all at the pack walk

Contents

Front Cover

Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association
Promoting responsible dog ownership.
“PETS AND PEOPLE - A PERFECT PARTNERSHIP”

We can all enjoy the presence of dogs in the community. We can enjoy dogs that are well
behaved and belong to responsible people, dogs can also contribute greatly to the
Community.

Unfortunately, all dog owners and their dogs are suffering as
A result of irresponsible dog ownership by a minority of dog owners.

“WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERSHIP?”
Responsible dog ownership is a term often used but seldem explained.

Children (and some adults) don't always recognize a warning when they hear or see one. A baby or small children don't understand what a growl means. What may be obvious to an adult might not be understood by a child. The child might continue to pet or follow a dog even though the dog has clearly told him what will happen if he doesn't stop.

All attacks are preventable with a little understanding of dog behaviour and body language, teaching your children how to behave around dogs regardless of what breed will make your home a happy, safe environment for everyone to live.

Inside: 10 useful tip’s to being a responsible owner.

Inside:

There are two main areas of dog owner responsibility:

A. The dog Owners responsibility for their dog.
B. The dog Owners responsibility towards the community.

Tips

1) Do your homework; educate yourself and most importantly your children about what is involved in being a responsible dog owner.

2) It is very important to choose a dog that fits into your way of life, be sure that you have the time to properly socialize your dog and fulfil your dogs needs on a daily bases with mental and physical exercise, This is a must rather than a tip in order to have a well behaved balanced dog.

3) Take up basic obedience classes and get the whole family involved, Your children can have fun and learn more about dogs and dog care by participating, this is a great way to have fun and you will bond even more; it also gives the family a greater knowledge to handle and control their dog.

4) The advantages of spaying and nurturing are endless! We Encourage pet owners to spay or neuter their dogs as a responsible means to prevent accidental breeding resulting in unwanted puppies and will prevent your male dog from roaming if he happened to get loose and scents a bitch somewhere in season. Spaying and nurturing can also be very beneficial for the health of your dog.

5) Owners of dogs and particularly strong breeds should always be vigilant of small children, Children and dogs can be great companions, but they also require supervision when playing together. Your dog may be "good with kids," but what if he encounters a kid that is not good with dogs? Very small children should never be left alone with a dog, no matter how stable his temperament.

Owners should be vigilant when a strange child is about to approach their dog and be vigilant of the approach itself. If your dog for what ever reason feels uncomfortable around children never force the issue, seek professional advice, after all prevention is the best cure.

6) Teach your children about strange dogs, teach them never to approach a dog they don’t know, and if a dog is with its owner then they should ask the permission of the owner first.

7) If for what ever the reason you may have to re-home your dog, be responsible and be sure to investigate the potential new owner thoroughly, never just hand your dog over to a stranger, all too often dogs can end up in the wrong hands.

Cool Always be aware that any breed from the smallest to largest of breeds have the potential to inflict serious and/or fatal injuries to a small child. Never be under any illusions that it is only particular breeds that have these capabilities.

9) As a dog owner, you are responsible not only for your own dog's well being, but for the status of dogs everywhere. One irresponsible dog owner in town can make life difficult for dog owners all over. Owning a friendly, clean, well-mannered dog reflects positively on the species and may help protect our rights to own companion animals.

10) Respect the law, always be combined with the control of dogs act, this applies to all breeds.

Back Cover

Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association is a diverse community of APBT advocates who strive to educate others about responsible dog ownership. Through diversity, we gain perspectives and opinions from all walks of life and all around the world.
Our community covers a wide array of topics. You will find forums referencing to responsible dog ownership, health, training, behaviour, Walks, rescue, adoption and much more.
For further information and helpline email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Join Our Forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Founders: Lillian Colgan - Vincent Brannan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Helping us to Help you! Empty Re: Helping us to Help you!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:28 pm

give a little, helps alot.

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Ive my hand in my pocket already :D Im not afraid to hand up a small donation, to improve this breed and ownership. :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:55 pm

It sounds like it'll be very good.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:38 pm

when ever ye have them printed let me no as ill put them in local shops pet shops etc ill give mmy adress ye can pat them down to me Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:42 pm

asti rs wrote:when ever ye have them printed let me no as ill put them in local shops pet shops etc ill give mmy adress ye can pat them down to me Cool
that would be great thanks mil, we need to get them into pet shops, vets, schools and vin came up with a good 1 the Irish kennel club :D we need to get them anywhere we can promote responsible dog ownership. :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:56 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
asti rs wrote:when ever ye have them printed let me no as ill put them in local shops pet shops etc ill give mmy adress ye can pat them down to me Cool
that would be great thanks mil, we need to get them into pet shops, vets, schools and vin came up with a good 1 the Irish kennel club :D we need to get them anywhere we can promote responsible dog ownership. :D

I could get alot of them out around here.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:
celticpitbulls wrote:

i was going to ask you if you wouldn't mind handing a copy out to our members at the walk?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:09 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:
celticpitbulls wrote:

i was going to ask you if you wouldn't mind handing a copy out to our members at the walk?

I'm telling my Dad it's @ 1.30 so we wont be late :D I'd do that 4 u no bother, just tell me what a Chicken Pitbull is :D
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 pm

All We Need Now Is Some Good Weather Razz Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:15 pm

BootsPitty wrote:All We Need Now Is Some Good Weather Razz Rolling Eyes

If its like 2day it'd be classssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:19 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:

it sure will and ill tell you what a chicken pit bull is at the walk, but only if you behave yourself lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:37 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:

it sure will and ill tell you what a chicken pit bull is at the walk, but only if you behave yourself lol!

When have I not Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 pm

course you have :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Twisted Evil hehe Twisted Evil
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 am

celticpitbulls wrote:

no prop ill see what i can do about schools Razz little bit old for 1 but ill give thm to the kids and aske them to hand a few to teachers and class mates etc dog shops are easy in limerick they love staffs pitss etc they all no its 1bad owner in 10 that ruins it for the other 9 :D

o and i have 3 vet shops near me that would love to put leaf lets in them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 am

thats perfect. you hit the nail on the head there. thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:29 pm

asti rs wrote:
celticpitbulls wrote:

no prop ill see what i can do about schools Razz little bit old for 1 but ill give thm to the kids and aske them to hand a few to teachers and class mates etc dog shops are easy in limerick they love staffs pitss etc they all no its 1bad owner in 10 that ruins it for the other 9 :D

o and i have 3 vet shops near me that would love to put leaf lets in them

thanks a mil, maybe we could give them to the principle of the schools to hand out to the kids to bring home to the parents :D that way they'll all get to read the leaflet.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:26 am

no bother ill go to the 3 schools near me and a few in limerick that i went to so wen ever there ready ill neeed a big bundle for schools hahaha :D

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:19 pm

fair play that would be fantastic :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:20 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:fair play that would be fantastic :D

I can do the same but with less schools, I could get 2 vets 2 petshops and a school, any help??
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 pm

where would we get any better than that :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:49 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:where would we get any better than that :D

hehe
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum