Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog's Savage Attack On Boy 7'was like a scene from jaws' says mum

4 posters

Go down

Dog's Savage Attack On Boy 7'was like a scene from jaws' says mum Empty Dog's Savage Attack On Boy 7'was like a scene from jaws' says mum

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:46 am

A boy was left with horrific injuries when he was savagely attacked by a dog.

Adam Tiernan (7) is still having nightmares after the injuries he sustained when a ball game went wrong.

His mum Angelaine, who lives in Clondalkin, described the attack as like a "scene out of Jaws".

"Adam was playing on a green area with a group of friends," she explained.

"The ball went through the gap in the fence and when he reached his arm in, the dog pounced on him."

SOCKET

The dog, a Japanese Akita, latched on to the young boy's arm and witnesses said that he "threw him around like a rag doll".

Although a wire fence separated Adam from the dog, he sustained further injuries on his head and face as the dog shook him from side to side during the incident last week.

"His arm was being ripped from the forearm to the wrist," Angelaine said. "He had a lump on his head from the bruising at the fence. I don't know how he didn't break his arm or HAHA! it out of its socket," she added.

Adam is the youngest of three children and his sister Laura (15) ran to tell Angelaine at her work at the local Community College.

His younger brother Sean (Cool was at an after school group at the time. "It is a five-minute run back to my house, I nearly passed out when I saw him," his mother said. "It was like a scene out of Jaws."

However, Angelaine praised the locals who ran to Adam's assistance and saved him.

"A couple of men came over with hurleys and golf clubs to hit the dog," she said. "But it took them a while to get the dog unlatched from the arm."

Adam was rushed to Our Lady's Hospital in Crumlin where doctors performed a three-hour surgery on his right arm. "He's having nightmares and his appetite isn't great," his mum said. "He was awake this morning at 4am."

And he will have to return on a regular basis to the hospital.

"We don't know what the long-term damage is, we have a long road ahead of us," Angelaine said. "We will have to keep an eye on the colour of his fingers. Thank God the fence was there, I don't know what would have happened if it wasn't.

licence

"He's a brave little boy, his friends have said that he's a legend."

Gardai confirmed that they are investigating. The dog, which resembled a large husky, has been destroyed.

Gardai said that the owner had obtained a special licence for the dog, but Angelaine said that she wanted the Government to investigate banning these type of dogs completely.

"I just want to say to other parents that this type of dog is not to be trusted around children," she said.

Back to top Go down

Dog's Savage Attack On Boy 7'was like a scene from jaws' says mum Empty Re: Dog's Savage Attack On Boy 7'was like a scene from jaws' says mum

Post by eamo s Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Thats people again who have little understanding of the breed. I do feel sorry for that poor child, and his family, its not that the dog shouldn't be trusted around children. Was the dog trained to be a guard dog, was he been constantly tormented or even the lack of exercise. As Lilly mentioned yesterday, these type of dogs need alot of exercise, they are working dogs. With the warm weather and the lack of exercise the tension builds up. If the government have their way, the strategy they are administering will wipe out alot of breeds in the future. Education, research, common sense and prevention should be made compulsory to all owners of any breed of dog.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dog's Savage Attack On Boy 7'was like a scene from jaws' says mum Empty Re: Dog's Savage Attack On Boy 7'was like a scene from jaws' says mum

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:00 pm

look at the end of the day another child has being hurt and thank god the fence was there, i would like to know where the owner was and what fence was it that separates the dog from the kid? was it a play ground or a privet fence? i think there's going to be a lot of hush hush about this with in the councilors offices and the future of these breeds etc.. maybe we should start to talk and ask td's in our own areas about this and how banning breeds will do nothing at all to prevent attacks.. if we say or do nothing then before we know it there will be a press release and its just a little late at this stage..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 pm

I think it's the gate of someone's house and the ball went over and he just put his hand in to get it?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:10 pm

well untill the real story is posted id rather not comment. but im kinda thinking thats the case harry.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:23 pm

You can just imagine it tho Sad he runs over to get the ball and then the dog grabs him Sad the dog must of went mental tho if ppl were hitting him with golfsticks and he wouldnt let go Sad
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 pm

its very say really, its not nice hearing about this kind of stuff happening and all of the time its preventable..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:42 am

Thats why ive double wire on both sides of my dog pen. I know Zed isnt agressive, but im not willing to take that chance, to many strange kids do be out in the back garden.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:49 am

your rite eamo, its not always about if the dog is aggressive its more about the child and how much of an understanding of dogs he/she might have, in most cases they don't have much, this is where the problem is and if this attack is based on breed again no lesson will be learned form this.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:44 am

See the very last line of the post? That does not sound good....
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:32 pm

been honest i think this story in my opinion is told in a way that the news papers want us to hear it,

1 they never mentioned the dogs inclosure so there for i would bet its a very good enclosure as if it wasnt they would have stated that the enclosure wasnt good enough to contain the dog

2 the kids were left unattended?? wheres the laws for lack of responsible parenting??

3 the dog is described as resembled a husky. ok now so we all know how the game chinese whispers works and after people spreading this story most people are going to say it was a husky that attacked leading many people to believe there the new dangerous dog and everything that go's with that

4 i fel very sorry for the child that he had to go thru that but if there was education there for kids to learn that all dogs should not be approached unless there supervised etc.

5 they never stated what the dog was used for or was it just a pet etc i think in my opinion if the dog should have been in a kennell but then again in the report they didnt say if it was just mentioned a fence how do we know it wasnt a fence that made up the kennel and the kid tried put his hand into that? and if there was adults supervising the kids they'd at least have had the sence to tell the kid leav the ball or try get it them selves

theres a lot more to this story than what was in the article and again its just the reporter been a total d**khead
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Well said.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 pm

i have to agree with you chris everything you say is a 100% on the button, a simple knock on the door of the owner and the ball could have easily being handed over safely! no1 ever wants to take responsibility when things like this happens its always easier to blame the dog or base it on breed, this could have happened with any breed and if this is not emphasized sooner rather then later there's going to be a life lost because of the ignorance involved when people just don't want to know its compulsory education we need not more legislation that's does nothing to deal with this problem as we have seen over the year its been in place.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down