Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing pitbull from America

4 posters

Go down

Importing pitbull from America Empty Importing pitbull from America

Post by trackaddict Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 am

Hi everyone,

Looking for all the info I can get about importing a pitbull from the US. The first question is do they have to spend the 6months after the rabies injection in quarantine in Dublin? Also looking for info on the pet passport or the american equivalent. Cost? Shipping? APBT adoption facilities that would allow rehoming to Ireland? Time the whole process takes...etc

Thanks

Kevin

trackaddict

Back to top Go down

Importing pitbull from America Empty Re: Importing pitbull from America

Post by slattery9104 Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:31 am

we have a member on the forum who might be able to help you she is moving from america and bringing her dog over as far as i know, maybe some one here might have more info?
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:03 pm

If you buy from a breeder, the pup can stay with him for 6months after he's had his shots and then be flown over and you can collect him.

Contact the Department of Agriculture and then you'll learn more.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm

General Pit Bull Discussion/Importing Pets
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trackaddict Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Harry wrote:If you buy from a breeder, the pup can stay with him for 6months after he's had his shots and then be flown over and you can collect him.

Contact the Department of Agriculture and then you'll learn more.

Ya Harry that would be the plan anyway, as far as I know you have to accompany the dog back into Ireland though,, which is a bit of a hassle because your paying for flights then aswell as the purchase price of the pup. Not sure about this so i better get in contact with the dept. Thanks for the advice guys

trackaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 pm

If you're getting one around next summer, we might make a joint venture lol, I should be getting my first APBT around then.

But also, I think that you are thinking the same way as I used too, thinking that there'd be very few good Pits in Ireland? well sir, if you get to know the right people, you will soon learn otherwise :D
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by trackaddict Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Harry wrote:If you're getting one around next summer, we might make a joint venture lol, I should be getting my first APBT around then.

But also, I think that you are thinking the same way as I used too, thinking that there'd be very few good Pits in Ireland? well sir, if you get to know the right people, you will soon learn otherwise :D

From what i have seen online there does seem to be good quality dogs in Ireland, it just seems that in terms of availability and choice people here are still restricted in comparison to whats available in the US. Nonetheless, getting to know the right breeders at home is probably the best first step. So are you planning to import next summer or buy one here?

trackaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm

I plan on getting my first dog here, and then in a few years getting one from either US or Italy/Eastern Europe.

But i'm 14, so have plenty of time after my first dog :D
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down