Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the fright of my life earlier

3 posters

Go down

Got the fright of my life earlier Empty Got the fright of my life earlier

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:28 pm

OK so we where waiting to go into the vets with socks and i was taking to a friend outside the car. There was a lady getting her 2 Year Old Doberman Pinicher Out of the car. She couldnt control he pulled her everyway Rolling Eyes next thing he lunges staight into me growling and barking. Thank god he had a muzzle on . He was trying to bite through his muzzle. She pulled him away saying ah so sorry. I was that shocked i couldnt even talk. She said she was getting him nutered so that might stop it Question he needs more than nuteuring he needs training... I got the fright of me life thank god he was muzzled

Back to top Go down

Got the fright of my life earlier Empty Re: Got the fright of my life earlier

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:45 pm

your rite tara neutering him will not make the problem go away it will make it harder to deal with, when you neuter a dog with the behavior not treated then the hormones tend to stick and make things sooo harder to deal with.
glad you OK and that he was muzzled, i think the owner should take a look at herself also as she obviously has caused the problem by letting it get that far in the first place.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Oh feck Tara I bet you did. Yeah thank god he had a muzzle on. Its a shame but I dont think neutering him is really going to help.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:39 pm

sounds like it needed doggie prozac.....lol....at least she had the sense to muzzle it or it could have been a whole lot worse....hope you didnt get to much of a fright.
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 pm

i do feel sorry for dogs like this, it makes you wonder why they get this way in the first place as their not born this way, id love to get in contact with the owner and offer some help..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:48 pm

well if she thinks getting him neutered it going to do the trick, she defo needs help
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:52 pm

see its a shame that people don't educate them self b4 they get a dog, this is what happens even if you love your dog more than life itself its just not enough unfortunately, here we are trying to help to prevent this by shearing our knowledge but its always blamed on the breed and not the lack of knowledge of some owners, i just hope that dog doesn't ever get out as some1 will be seriously hurt or killed. you would think that she would have gone and got some pro advice or maybe this is the advice she was giving [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:00 pm

they are dogs and some ppl treat dogs like babies... things can get alittle out of hand coz there let away with murder... have to show them your in charge from day one or it could end up like the above mentioned dog. hope she has her house well protected so it doesnt get out.
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:03 pm

agree with you 100%
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:17 am

her friend had another one and someone said 2 her 'ah are they brothers' she goes noooo they have never been beside each other! So i think he wasnt socialized which is a shame because he was one lovely doby. She said that he was the boss of her Rolling Eyes ...Another person suggested a Prong Collar to help her control him.

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:22 pm

BootsPitty wrote:She said that he was the boss of her Rolling Eyes ...Another person suggested a Prong Collar to help her control him.

that doesnt sound good if he is the boss of her.... he's a big dog and i hope he doesnt end up doing something bad to the owner... she needs to start taking control
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:33 am

is there anyway of getting in contact with her tara? maybe you could ask the vet to contact her and pass on my number id love to help them both.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 pm

it was the dspca vet so i doubt that she would remember her lilly. Ah ye never know i could come across her one day walking in the parks .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down