Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would this work?

+2
celticpitbulls
Harry
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would this work? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would this work?

Post by Harry Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:41 pm

MAYBE Xmas, or if not, then Summer.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:some reall good advice giving here harry, and fair play for asking others opinions about a bigger pack, you'll have a great chance of getting things to work out as you will have your dog from a puppy, just 1 question i have to ask because this could be 1 of your major problems in later years no matter how good they get on, is 1 of your males getting the snip?? cos when your bitch comes into heat for them 3 weeks hormones will be all over the place and training, socializing doesn't even come into it when you face mother nature, this could cause a really bad situation for the 2 Unneutered males.

You're actually very right Lil, so even after all my pen talk, the Pit will have to stay inside for the guts of a month anyway lol.

Does ne1 know what they would be like 2gether on a walk, without Ruby? (When she's in heat i mean)

My friend has 3 staffs and when the girl is in season they can walk 2gether but they can't be lose around each othe and 1 us neutered. If be hoping mine would be able to walk with each other unneutered.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Also i just want to say thank you to everyone who answered my question, you can know that what u said has helped give me a better idea on keeping my dogs safe and out of trouble.

Thanks.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:20 pm

harry i dont think that question can be answered, i would muzzle your pit though just to be on the safe side, even if their not around the bitch the sent is always around and with the build up of frustration its just not worth the chance, id say high risk of something occurring so just be aware and ready at all times, would you not consider maybe 1 of them? the reason i ask this is because there is also a possibility after the heat they could easily fall out and not able to be civil in each others company afterwords.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:23 pm

What i meant by walk together wash just that they wouldn't be flipping out completely lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:29 pm

lol have you ever seen a dog that's around a bitch in heat and he's not going to cover her??? ill tell you its the most upsetting thing ever, that's why i had to get my girls done, they go off their food, shaking and crying from morning to night constantly and don't sleep for days, its not good for their heart and has being know to shorting a dogs life in the long run due to the constant strain on the heart for the length of time the scent is coming from the bitch, they don't listen to anything you say their mind is just set on 1 thing and that's mating. it can be horrendous for the male and you'll notice behaviors that you never seen before, this is where you see animal and not dog, i nearly had a nerves breakdown with butch and my girls.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:49 am

Well said Lilly, its the laws of the animal kingdom, the heat cycle was put there by mother nature for a reason. If the heat cycle wasnt in place, the dogs or many other animals would be mating all year round affraid Its not nice for either male or famale dogs.The female dog can be just as bad as the male during her season. Alot of them have a tendancie to escape out the door. If that happens, you wouldnt know what got to the poor the dog Shocked
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 am

Lol this confirms that bobby us a ... lol i walked him and ruby when she was in heat!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 am

ah hahahaha poor bobby
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum