Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it to cold for the dog to be outside?

+3
YENALED
Harry
slippy1979
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it to cold for the dog to be outside? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it to cold for the dog to be outside?

Post by slippy1979 Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks every1 for your comments and advice. I decided to have them in at night so I locked them in the kitchen. Got up the next morning and they had eaten all that door handles of the lower part of the fitted kitchen and I dont know how but they found the press that holds there food and managed to break into it and spill food everywhere. The little poo heads I could have killed them Evil or Very Mad

I have solved the problem now by clearing out the storage compartment under the stairs and locking in there over night .

I was reading up on this online and some people advise if the dog is an outside dog it should be kept that way and by bringing them into a warm house at night in cold weather your only making matters worse as they find it harder acclimatising to the cold once they get put back out in the morning.

So is going from hot to cold hot to cold a bad idea or should I just try to make there kennel as warm as possible and leave them outside?
slippy1979
slippy1979

Back to top Go down

Is it to cold for the dog to be outside? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it to cold for the dog to be outside?

Post by slippy1979 Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:24 pm

poo heads lol!
slippy1979
slippy1979

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 pm

yeah i think jules did say that if a dog is used to being out side then you have to be careful bringing them into the house, i would just insulate their kennels and get some warm bedding etc to keep the heat in, do they sleep together?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:09 pm

I think this is a great design, go down to where it says 'dog houses'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Don’t suddenly house an indoor dog outdoors. Dogs require a month or more (as seasons change) to become accustomed to lower winter temperatures.

Don’t keep your dog outside in all conditions. Pay attention to the thermometer. If it dips too far below freezing, it’s too cold for any dog – even those accustomed to being outside.

Don’t treat all dogs alike. While some breeds such as Alaskan malamutes or huskies may be able to spend long periods out of doors in cold weather,
other breeds such as greyhounds or Dobermans to not have the same protective fur.

took this from a post called keeping your pet warm in winter
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 am

fair play thats good info.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:32 am

slippy1979 wrote:poo heads lol!
lol i got a good laugh out of that too lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum