Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT?

+5
celticpitbulls
LeighandApple
pitties rule
12 gauge
Harry
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

An Age Limit on Pitbull handling....

Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap42%Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]
Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap16%Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 19

Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT?

Post by pitties rule Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:52 pm

jbrady wrote:i understand that ricky and agree 100% , my dog doesnt cross the door without a muzzle and even though he's great with kids i dont leave them unsupervised, in my opinion the finglas incident was a case of neglegence on both sides dog owner and parents !

fair play james, i do the same myself. wish all dogs had responsible owners. as for the case in finglas chain of events that shouldnt have been allowed to happened.
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should there be an age limit on owning and or handling an APBT?

Post by eamo s Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:53 pm

At the end of the day, its down to a lack of education, not only for the restricted breed, but for any breed. Some of us on this forum have have dogs a fair few years. I have had dogs all my life, not only bull breeds but other dogs too. There was never an attack or bite in our house. Well thats a lie, apart from a little Yorkie we had, when i wa a kid, i used to torment him and he'd snap at me. These attacks dont just happen for no reason, theres a reason behind every animal attack. I hope in people in the future will be more educated and some common sense in owning a dog. I seen some very good comments in this thread.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipley,Staffords Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:09 pm

I voted no , but obviously in my opinion that depends on the individual in question & set circumstances.
I believe that if someone can prove they have put in the homework & have reached a reasonable level of knowledge on the breed & thier traits ,
then with the correct guidance & work there really should not be a problem.

So called accidents are more often than not highly avoidable ,
there are normally underlying stat's , genarally human generated !

Cheer's , Terry.
Shipley,Staffords
Shipley,Staffords

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:44 am

well said...
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4