Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

meeting a pit bull??

5 posters

Go down

meeting a pit bull?? Empty meeting a pit bull??

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:02 am

what attracted you to the APBT?? and what was your first encounter with the breed???
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

meeting a pit bull?? Empty Re: meeting a pit bull??

Post by SarahB58 Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:37 am

My first encounter was when I was out walking Rocko a few weeks after getting him, and me and my mam met you (Lilly lol) walking Molly around the field. I've always liked the look of of the breed, the way that they're so athletic, the eagerness to please, how they're such a friendly dog and their determination to go on :)
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm

The first Pit I met was Butch almost a year ago, I liked Staffs for about a year and a half before that tho, and then I joined on this site Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:06 pm

And now I'm back to Staffs again Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:43 pm

first encounter was Soze nearly 8 yrs ago... when i got to kno him he always had me in knots laughing, he is so loving, always knows when ya need a cuddle and kisses, he is so laid back... i just love them to bits. still to this day i get excited when i see one and have to go over for a good oul pitty cuddle and kiss.
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

my first encounter with a pitbull was roughly in 1990 i was only about 7 or 8 the chap who used to live next door to me had them he used to let me pet them .. and from that age on they where the only dog for me . Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Apparently my first encounter was when i was a toddler. My mam only told me the other day that this old man who lived on our road in england had a big beast of a pitbull, was an ex guard dog. My big bro used to go round to play chess lol! and i always wanted to go see the dog (was only 2/3) so my mam brought me one day she was so worried about me and the dog but he was full of love and kisses she said i was hanging out of him and he loved it. She said he kept bringing a ball to me and i would throw it and it would only land at my feet and he'd pick it up and drop it back in my hand over and over lol! this dog had never been around children before but was amazing with me and my brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:17 pm

The first Pitbull i came across was nearly 22yrs ago, i fella i knew. His Bitch had a litter of pups. I didnt have much money back then as i was only about 16. I gave him the price of a packet of cigarettes and i think i gave him a Commodore 64 lol. I lied to my ma saying he was just a mongrel, Arnie i called him. I dint know anything about the breed realy back then apart from the stigmata that was and still is attached to these dogs. He was a great dog, i must root out some photos of him, he wasnt a big dog, maybe about 35 lbs. But he was strong as an Ox, he used to pull my brother around in his cart. Unfortunatley for my brother, there was no breaks on the go cart lol.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:41 am

ah such nice story's,

well im not sure how young i was it was that long ago lol, maybe i was about 4-5 when i would be in my nanny's house and my uncle would bring different pit bulls in that i had never met before but you may bet i would be on the floor with them before he set his ass down on the couch lol after that i got to own my own 1 at 11 years old that was many moons ago lol, i had owned other breeds before hand such as EBT, SBT a youkie and a Lakeland Terrier all that i got from my uncle when i was very young, so rebel was my first pit bull and he had the rite name too, i have to agree with 1 of the comments above i love meeting new dogs love all breeds but i have to hold my hand on my heart and honestly say my favorite is the pit bull.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:46 am

I wish I had a cool uncle like that... my uncle is a hairdressing supplies wholesaler... lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:48 am

lol just as well the pit bull has short hair so afro lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down