Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, you want to breed your Pit Bull?

4 posters

Go down

So, you want to breed your Pit Bull? Empty So, you want to breed your Pit Bull?

Post by celticpitbulls Sat May 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Posted by Rebecca Whitmire_

So, you want to breed your Pit Bull? If you truly care about those dogs, what follows should change your mind...
This picture represents just one of the numerous litters of Pit Bull puppies euthanized in the Kansas City shelters as there are not enough good homes for those dogs. None of those pups made it out of the shelter alive....

Remember this; if ever you produce a litter of Pit Bull puppies and you are lucky enough to miraculously find homes for all of them, it is only because an equal amount of existing dogs GAVE THEIR LIFE to make room for your puppies...

DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

STATISTICS

Only 1 in 600 Pit Bulls will find a home - For every Pit Bull placed in a loving home 599 DIE!

PBRC [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is listing HUNDREDS of homeless Pit Bulls hoping for a chance... PETFINDER "THOUSANDS" of them.... (combine Pit Bulls, AmStaffs and StaffyBull Terriers and you have almost *15,000* Pit Bull type dogs listed for adoption in Pet Finder alone.)

Pit Bulls are now the number one bred dog in the United States and in most countrys - Ironically, they are one of the hardest breed to find a "good" home for, and the last dogs to get adopted from shelters.

200 Pit Bulls are killed PER DAY in Los Angeles alone because there are not enough homes. Imagine in the rest of the country.

Every homeless Pit Bull that dies in the street and every one who sits hopeless in a shelter is the product of a breeder... either intentionally or accidentally...

75% of shelters nationwide euthanize all Pit Bulls without even trying to adopt them out.

One unspayed female dog, even by conservative calculations, can potentially be responsible for the birth of more than 67,000 dogs in just six years. Remember, Pit Bulls are the most overbred dog in America - think of how it adds up.

Pit Bull often make up to 40% of all dogs found in a shelter. In Kansas City alone, it is not rare to see almost half of the local pounds filled with Pit bulls and pit mixes, all scheduled to be destroyed if not claimed by their owner within 5 days.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

So, you want to breed your Pit Bull? Empty Re: So, you want to breed your Pit Bull?

Post by eamo s Sun May 16, 2010 7:55 am

The problem will get worse, if the people with little knowledge arent educated on the situation. The impact its causing around the world, not only in Ireland. Its like a mass produce of dogs in the last 20 years, not only Bull Breeds, but other breeds too. Unfortunately, the Bull B reed got such a bad name. The most unscrupulous, people started breeding them for an image, to make easy money. There is other genuine people out there that love their dogs, but know no better about the impact on breeding. Breeding should be only done by a reptuble breeder. This association isnt hear to control people, but to educate and help people.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

So, you want to breed your Pit Bull? Empty Re: So, you want to breed your Pit Bull?

Post by celticpitbulls Sun May 16, 2010 10:48 am

well said eamo, and i think your rite i used to be 1 of them, i loved my dogs and the breed but will never breed again after what i have seen dealing in rescue, they don't need me adding to the problems..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 am

If the situation got better in rescues i'd breed Pitbulls, I'd have my own line "Goldenman" (Like ******* but with my username Razz) lol.

Was it the same in rescues when Rottweilers were the dog everyone hated?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 am

there was a famous pitbull stud called ********,thought thats where you got your name-didnt realise it was from the retrievers
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down