Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What attracted you to the APBT Breed?

+5
SarahB58
culabula
Daniel
ste
celticpitbulls
9 posters

Go down

What attracted you to the APBT Breed? Empty What attracted you to the APBT Breed?

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 am

what was your first interaction with the pit bull terrier breed. what made you want to own a Pit Bull?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

What attracted you to the APBT Breed? Empty Re: What attracted you to the APBT Breed?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:37 pm

they are all round the best dog. speed, agility,power and looks.

Back to top Go down

What attracted you to the APBT Breed? Empty Re: What attracted you to the APBT Breed?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:51 pm

I just went out to buy a staffie and brought home a pity, i will never have another type of dog again.

Back to top Go down

Post by ste Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 pm

thats so weird..i was literally thinking about posting this thread today?! initially i was getting a boxer because they are an athletic breed with a good temperament and when i was going through the a-z of dog breeds to research the boxer, obviously one of the first up is american pitbull terrier and purely out of curiosity i clicked it and was shocked with the description of a loyal, stable dog afterall if the only thing you hear about the breed is negative this is pretty shocking i half expected to see "unpredictable" "tempermental" etc...long story short after about 6 months researching the breed i decided it was for me and went to see a litter,i knew people with staffies but not pitbulls didnt stumble into the breed i had to go looking for a good while....but glad i did Laughing

ste

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Very strong dog,fast,clever (if she needs Laughing ),but never that used against me,my family or people around me.I mean lot of people don't like her from fear,but she loves everybody.She's my first pitty and I'm very happy,she made my life match funny...
Daniel
Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:51 pm

only 2 breeds are any improvement(physically) on the wolf I.M.O. The american pitbull and the greyhound.Compared with other breeds that suffer from a myriad of genetic problems they are both relatively healthy and able to lead a functional happy existance throughout their lives(in an ideal world).Greyhounds are selectively bred for stupidity(never get sick of chasing a very poor imitation of a hare) so that wins it for the pitbull.. I have only ever come accross 1 apbt with an untrustworthy temperment(and he was O.k most of the time).I think of all breeds ,they are very in tune with the emotional state of their owners--so with problem dogs ,the problem can often be at the other end of the lead.
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB58 Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Beautiful dog, great temperment and just so friendly :D
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:20 pm

I never knew anything about them untill The Dog Whisperer and Daddy came along, and since I first saw them about 8months ago I have barely looked at anything else. Admittedly I did think the blue bully breed was the pitbull for about 2 weeks Sad (please forgive me) But now I know what they are supposed to be like :D
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:45 am

We Only Took Boots In 4 A Few Days lol! Looking For A New Home 4 Him... I Was A Bit Weary At First But I Fell In Love With Him...And Couldnt See Him Going To A Another Home Plus Socks Got A New Male Buddy lol! I Didnt Know Much About Pitulls Untill I Searched The Net & Joined Here :) Pitbulls & Stafyys Will Be My Favorite Breed Forever :D

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Some men i'd see walking their Pit Bulls n Staffs, i was terrified of them first. They looked so big and dangerous looking. Until one came over wagging her tail, she escaped out of her garden. I knew then how warm these powerful dogs can be to a total stranger. About a year later someone had a litter, he had no interest about the dogs. I gave him the price of a packet of cigarettes for him. He was 4 weeks old, covered in fleas, after that i was addicted. I havent regreted it ever cheers
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 pm

i went to get a staff and got a pit x went into the yard and looked at the father and was like thats not a staff looked at the mother and said she could be but still she is huge 5 min later had my 1st pit well i kinda recued her as your man was very bad to the dogs i spent 500€ on vet bill in a week or 2 she was worth it do. but the urge to have a full breed 1 bit about 11 months later and i went on the hunt found my falla near portlarington was a head bigger than the rest of the litter

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:04 am

wow if we read most of these story's most of us have all rescued our dogs, this is just the perfect example of backyard breeders and using the bread as a cash flow, and not giving a hoot about the breed itself, fair play to you all for giving your dogs a kind loving home were their respected and loved.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:20 am

a friend of mine from belfast bought a pit pup ..he was last one..he lived in limerick for a time..his son only 4 at the time ,well the dog from day one was in bad hands...the kid just tormented the pup..his girlfriend locked him in a small room and never put time into the dog..
eventually the dog turned on the kid,,did not break skin but gave him a real fright...i took the dog,had to pay him too....
i have kids myself so i knew i was takin a chance..had him casterated...
a month of proper care and he was better looking and a way safer dog..
i had him 6 years . he ashes sits beside me now in a little wooden box..i also have bitch that i took in from scumbags...
she is vey old now..
i only had one litter from her 4 years ago..i kept back a dog and recently i got american staff...i love the breed they are the most loyal and trusting dogs in the world...would not trust any other dogs with my kids..

i
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 am

wow and the crazy thing about it is that the breeder even though he caused that pup to be the way he was he was also ok to pass the problem to some1 else. its true that a little understanding and knowledge goes a long way, lucky little fella its just as well you took him god knows what would have happened to a child if he had falling into the wrong hands and even worse an uneducated owner.
well done mark.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Well said Lilly, and fairplay Mark. You gave to dogs a better chance in life. People wonder why dogs attack them??? If more joined this forum, we would be glad to help and educate them in anyway we can.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 pm

since i was 10 years old i wanted a pit because of the bad press they were getting and their bad rep. a fella i new had one and he was treated so bad. but the dog was still so loyal to him. i wanted to get one to prove to everyone they are a great dog and i wanted to help clear their name. i know i dont have a hope of clearing their name on my own but even if i changed one persons mind about them i'd be happy. but my parents wouldnt hear it. no, no, no is all i got. moved out at 18 and looking for a reputable breeder. couldnt find one. 2 years ago got a staffy (supposed to be staff x pit. doubt it very much now though). month later found lilly's number on net and asked her to get me a black one with white paws. "u dont ask for much" is what i got off her!! she wouldnt give me one!! bout 10 months later found snickers. my parents minds are changed about pits now! even my friends wouldnt trust him for a few months. well not all of them. but now everyone who meets them properly love them! delighted

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm

fair play colm.. lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm

hmm i'm a sucker for a sob story and for some reason always seem to take the side of the person or animal evrey one turns against and all i ever heard about pits was bad stories which made me want one as i knew this was all bs then i took in a stray skinny pit awhile back and found his owners and totally fell in love with the breed and now dont ever want another breed other then my lab gsd mix and pitbulls lol
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 8:48 pm

you prob dont even remember the phonecall lilly do ya! you prob got so many! twas on a site and you were advertising pitbull training classes i think it was

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 11, 2010 11:34 pm

i think i do lol i remember me saying if you get your dog done i would give you 1 lol and when you said not a hope i thought you were maybe looking for a breeding pair, but as i said b4 i was wrong but hope you understand i didn't even know you and you were a bit far away for me to suss you out Suspect
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 am

ah ya no bothers. i have one now and wouldnt change him for the world. even if he has a mind f his own and stubbornness to boot!

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed May 12, 2010 5:54 pm

lol thats lovely to hear, you get so attached to them they are so human orientated its hard not to :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 8:36 am

ya flaws n all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down