Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi and quick question!!

4 posters

Go down

Hi and quick question!!  Empty Hi and quick question!!

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:39 am

Hi everyone!!

My name is Sue, I have a pitbull/staffie called lady she is a gem. She joined our ickle family last october and is now the baby. I will post pics asap. I have a quick question to pose to ye as ye are all eperts and have probably had to do this loads of times. my friend is going aaway on holidays and needs someone to look after his dog while he is gone. Luckily enough, its ladies mammy, she lived with her till she was ten months old and then came to live with us. We did a trial run last night before my friend goes away to make sure they were going to be ok. They are doing a lot of play fighting but has been just playing. The mother is even allowing lady straight of the bat to lie on her belly and everything. Im just wondering in everyones experience.. I have to keep her for another two weeks is this a recipe for disaster bringing her mam back when lady has had the run of the house for so long?

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Hi and quick question!!  Empty Re: Hi and quick question!!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 pm

With any dogs you should keep an eye on them .It's good that they are geting on but even play fighting can turn nasty so just be verey cearfull.

Back to top Go down

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:18 pm

ya im trying to, im making sure to keep breaking up what they are doing, when they come into the house they are fine, they just lay down in front of the fir and go to sleep. this morning I found them basking in the sun together,, but im still quite worried. I have just thought to keep breaking up there day with different activities, walks etc and breaking them up to get fed should help or am I deluding myself cause I really want to have to of them living with me anyway lol

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:18 pm

thanks a lot by the way :)

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 pm

hi sue and welcome to the forum,
ive a bro and a sis, they play fight all the time(and i mean all the time)... i dont mind once there playing softly with each other....eg: rolling around the ground, running after each other but if they start growling to loud or its getting abit rougher then that i put a stop to it.

they do get pee'd off with each other from time to time and give alittle growl... i just say HAY and they know to stop.

i watch them all the time, even if there out the back coz things can happen in the blink of an eye, just keep your eye on them and correct wot you think should be corrected.... id say they will be fine
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 pm

cool thank you everyone who replied.. I hope it all goes well.. so far so good anyway... fingers crossed it stays like that!!

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm

I'd just leave them in separate rooms when you leave and lock the door or better yet, leave one outside. Don't trust them as far as you could throw them lol, it's just not worth it at the end of the day Razz Razz

Welcome to the forum, is the mother the Pit or the Staff part of the mix?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:40 pm

shes a part of the mix too.. she was bred with a pitbull from here aswell.. its handy as she can meet her brothers and stuff still.. mind she really doesnt get on with her brothers... her mum is really beautiful.. she a blonde/red colour. lady is black and white, and her paws are white too little socks on her she loverly. they have gotten on great all day even sharing bed so so good so far... just hate having to leave them to go to work.. . my bf is at home to mind them so its ok....

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:12 pm

sue2010 wrote:Hi everyone!!

My name is Sue, I have a pitbull/staffie called lady she is a gem. She joined our ickle family last october and is now the baby. I will post pics asap. I have a quick question to pose to ye as ye are all eperts and have probably had to do this loads of times. my friend is going aaway on holidays and needs someone to look after his dog while he is gone. Luckily enough, its ladies mammy, she lived with her till she was ten months old and then came to live with us. We did a trial run last night before my friend goes away to make sure they were going to be ok. They are doing a lot of play fighting but has been just playing. The mother is even allowing lady straight of the bat to lie on her belly and everything. Im just wondering in everyones experience.. I have to keep her for another two weeks is this a recipe for disaster bringing her mam back when lady has had the run of the house for so long?

hello and welcome to the forum sue, yeah i think you have had some good comments above, i have 3 dogs all live in the house with me, they do play pretty ruff but as pittysrule just said you just need to watch the level of play, ie if it gets that 1 of them is showing signs that they have had enough and the other is not listening its time to stop it, make a load bang this will stop them in their tracks, again said above if your not going to be there maybe separate them, its good that they are having a good time and you may not have any problems at all, good luck with your doggy sitting and if we here can help you with anything your more than welcome to just ask Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 am

well a week through a no problems yet!! everyone is happy out!! Sam goes home tmw night.. Im actually going to miss her... gotten used to having the two girls every night... double cuddles!! Sad

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 am

Well done sue good job, ah id say you will both miss her after the time you have all spent over the last week or so, see if you can keep up regular meetings, it would be good for all of you. Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am

sams daddy did promise that we would start walking them together every week cause we live close enough to each other... I want to keep them hanging around with each other cause I have a feeling im really going to miss not having two dogs at home so will prob want to get a puppy soon. Im not goign to breed lady as she has a skin condition that comes and goes. It wouldnt be fair to a new owner to have to deal with that. Were used to it now. We will both really iss her my bf has gotten real close to the two of them... he speand most of the time with the two of them...

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Post by sue2010 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am

and thanks everyone!! I probably would have completely lost the plot if I didnt have anyone to tell me what I was doing was right or not lol

sue2010

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 pm

your more than welcome, glad to hear you still have contact and can keep up the walking together..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down