Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DONEDEAL ME HOLE

+2
celticpitbulls
rorobull
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DONEDEAL ME HOLE Empty DONEDEAL ME HOLE

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:04 pm

they took my add off again. can you believe that?? this what they said the second time.......

Hi Vinny,

Unfortunately, a number of our users have expressed concern about your ad. This may reflect badly on our image and therefore we have removed your ad again.

I have set you up with a free voucher that you can use to advertise anything else on DoneDeal. Just place your next ad from the same email address, and the voucher will be picked up automatically. The voucher is valid for one year.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused............

THIS IS WHAT I SAID TO THEM

you people need to get a life. pit bulls are not illegal in this country. there are 13 dogs on the restricted list yet you seem to pick one of them breeds. why is that?im my eyes that is discrimination. you have no problem selling air soft guns which are and have been you used in crime. i holding this meet because of people like you,

vinny brennan.

Back to top Go down

DONEDEAL ME HOLE Empty Re: DONEDEAL ME HOLE

Post by rorobull Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Is that the same reason they don't advertise any type of bull dog on their site? confused Sure they've a heap of other breeds on there that are on the 'council list'. Evil or Very Mad

rorobull

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:14 pm

honestly i wouldn't take it out on the site id say their telling the truth about being getting emails, well you know what people can be like id say there was some sad individuals im sure you know who im talking about, i wouldn't let it bother me vin all expected of such people that climb to be lovers of the breed, they always interfere when something positive is being done but yet when something is wrong they hide and go behind your back like a rat. see internet worriers have nothing better to be doing. the site did except that you are a responsible owner and got your point very clear when they put you add back up, but id say that's what happened there Vin.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 pm

rorobull wrote:Is that the same reason they don't advertise any type of bull dog on their site? confused Sure they've a heap of other breeds on there that are on the 'council list'. Evil or Very Mad

ye they dont want anything to do with pittys.. uneducated fools.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:21 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:honestly i wouldn't take it out on the site id say their telling the truth about being getting emails, well you know what people can be like id say there was some sad individuals im sure you know who im talking about, i wouldn't let it bother me vin all expected of such people that climb to be lovers of the breed, they always interfere when something positive is being done but yet when something is wrong they hide and go behind your back like a rat. see internet worriers have nothing better to be doing. the site did except that you are a responsible owner and got your point very clear when they put you add back up, but id say that's what happened there Vin.

oh ye i wonder i wonder... bet your right...its a shame they took it down i never got to advertise our egg n spoon race.. was thinking of haveing a wheel barrow race aswell :D

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:26 pm

rorobull wrote:Is that the same reason they don't advertise any type of bull dog on their site? confused Sure they've a heap of other breeds on there that are on the 'council list'. Evil or Very Mad

the reason for the bull breeds been ban from the site is unfortunately due to the background fighting history of the breed, the problem i would have would be that all responsible people that own bull breeds are being put in the same category as such owners. the add that was on the site that Vin had up did not contain any illegal activity it wasn't to sell puppys nor were we breaking any laws. the add was very positive and was specifically to promote responsible ownership and if new comers of the breed needed any help or advice. its sad really but hay that's what we have to face for owning a politically wrong dog. Crying or Very sad
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:27 pm

driftervin wrote:
celticpitbulls wrote:honestly i wouldn't take it out on the site id say their telling the truth about being getting emails, well you know what people can be like id say there was some sad individuals im sure you know who im talking about, i wouldn't let it bother me vin all expected of such people that climb to be lovers of the breed, they always interfere when something positive is being done but yet when something is wrong they hide and go behind your back like a rat. see internet worriers have nothing better to be doing. the site did except that you are a responsible owner and got your point very clear when they put you add back up, but id say that's what happened there Vin.

oh ye i wonder i wonder... bet your right...its a shame they took it down i never got to advertise our egg n spoon race.. was thinking of haveing a wheel barrow race aswell :D
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:

the reason for the bull breeds been ban from the site is unfortunately due to the background fighting history of the breed, the problem i would have would be that all responsible people that own bull breeds are being put in the same category as such owners. the add that was on the site that Vin had up did not contain any illegal activity it wasn't to sell puppys nor were we breaking any laws. the add was very positive and was specifically to promote responsible ownership and if new comers of the breed needed any help or advice. its sad really but hay that's what we have to face for owning a politically wrong dog. Crying or Very sad

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by rorobull Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:31 pm

That's an awful shame. I think you are right though, they probably get hounded by people who do not understand that pitbulls do not just spend their time tearing things apart.

rorobull

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:48 pm

i had this problem with buy and sell and done deal they seem to have a problem with the word bull so i am starting a campagn here and now to change the breed name of the pitbull to the flower dog Laughing
lucky
lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:51 pm

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Deco#54 wrote:flower
lol! yeah they sure are :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:52 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
Deco#54 wrote:flower
lol! yeah they sure are :D
Next they'll write they arent racist. Forgive them for they know no better, if its any type of Bullbreed its a criminal Evil or Very Mad
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 am

Did youput anything on ***?? it's a great site and allows pitbulls.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

DONEDEAL ME HOLE Empty Dogs Deal.

Post by Harry Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:33 pm

I emailed the new site DogsDeal today about pitbulls being advertised and this is what she said.

> Hi Harry,
>
>
>
>
>
> Unfortunately we do not allow any sort of pit bulls to be advertised on our site. When designing our site we carried out various surveys to which the majority of people were opposed in us allowing this breed to be advertised. Although we know the minority of breeders use their dogs for fighting, we unfortunately cannot tell the difference when an ad goes up so we have decided not to let any sort of pit bull breed be advertised. Also we are doing alot of charity work and promotion of the ISPCA and the Irish Guide Dogs for the blind and the first question they asked us was if we were going to allow pit bull breeds to be advertised, as if we were allowing them we could not use their organizations to promote. We understand you may be a reputable, genuine breeder but unfortunately we cannot allow anyone to advertise these breeds.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sincere apologies
>
>
>
>
>
> Justine
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:52 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:I emailed the new site DogsDeal today about pitbulls being advertised and this is what she said.

> Hi Harry,
>
>
>
>
>
> Unfortunately we do not allow any sort of pit bulls to be advertised on our site. When designing our site we carried out various surveys to which the majority of people were opposed in us allowing this breed to be advertised. Although we know the minority of breeders use their dogs for fighting, we unfortunately cannot tell the difference when an ad goes up so we have decided not to let any sort of pit bull breed be advertised. Also we are doing alot of charity work and promotion of the ISPCA and the Irish Guide Dogs for the blind and the first question they asked us was if we were going to allow pit bull breeds to be advertised, as if we were allowing them we could not use their organizations to promote. We understand you may be a reputable, genuine breeder but unfortunately we cannot allow anyone to advertise these breeds.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sincere apologies
>
>
>
>
>
> Justine

what did you ask them when you mailed ??
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:21 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:I emailed the new site DogsDeal today about pitbulls being advertised and this is what she said.

> Hi Harry,
>
>
>
>
>
> The only people i seen advertising their dogs for sale is the so called backyard breeders. So called dog men are in a close knit circle, they wouldnt sell any of there good dogs to the public.....
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sincere apologies
>
>
>
>
>
> Justine
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:33 pm

what do pitbulls have to do with guide dogs?Maybe some would make good guide dogs..I think they have been pressurised by league against cruel sports,hunt saboteurs of ireland etc.(well they are boasting about it on there website). these people would like to see dogs and cats become extinct,they look on pet ownership as a form of slavery.If you think these people care about animals check out the "dying hare" video on youtube ,where they(LACS people) are garotting a hare to make it look like its been injured by greyhounds-you can plainly see the wire/snare being pulled.There has been an add up there for pups of our breed for the last few days.Spelled pitbulls rather than pitbull..I appreciate the good work that the I.S.P.C.a do but ive met some seriously ignorant of their work(heart in the right place i suppose)
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:02 pm

sorry ,its the irish campaign for the abolition of blood sports.THey are gloating on their website about their inffluencing of donedeal to ban "killer dogs" adverts.
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:41 pm

can you pm me the link please?,
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:12 pm

sorry im not able to p.m you as i dont have enough posts up yet or something like that . the link is( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] By the way sorry about posting that other link yesterday,again unable to p.m you

scroll down the page to 19 march..by the way i dont support animal cruelty of any kind ,but these people are facists and at the moment are in a position to influence government policy via the green party.I wouldnt know, but i seriously doubt any dog fighters look on donedeal for their dogs..I thought they had a picture of a snarling pit up as well with a red banned stripe over him but it seems to have been taken down

Last edited by culabula on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

it was more hunting breeds they are against,but both bans came into effect at the same time.Its all sending out the wrong message about apbts.
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 pm

They let hunting dogs on it tho?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:55 pm

if you try to place an add ,certain words are banned e.g "digging" or "pitbull".patterdale,lurcher ,jack russel etc. are not banned words or is pitbulls with an s..so in the end of the day the only breed affected is the american pitbull terrier.Im sure the advertisers will find some other way of selling their dogs but all this affects the already poor image of our breed...THey are the only breed specifically mentioned by donedeal,despite being used fairly uncommonly as a hunting dog.
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

I emailed them and asked why and they give me some Bu****** answer about guide-dogs, WTF??
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum