Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACES Training day 10th july..

+11
mark
socks-mc-guiggan
YENALED
bowie
rosscockram
eamo s
staceyol
Harry
pitguy
pitties rule
celticpitbulls
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

ACES Training day 10th july.. - Page 4 Empty Re: ACES Training day 10th july..

Post by pitguy Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:17 pm

great pics as always christy.keep em coming cheers
pitguy
pitguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 pm

excellent pics

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by rosscockram Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Amazing photo's once again Christy !! Fairplay Wink

And as you's can all see from the last picture in the thread ... Xena who I must add is an excellent dog is up for Re-homing,

She's brilliant around people and children and has a genuine calm and relaxed attitude , And has the potential to be an amazing pet for someone special who is going to care for her the way she deserves ...

I took Xena home with me after the Aces day yesterday after a brilliant day with people i love .. But when i got home is when the s*it hit the fan .... After seeing Cali and Xena been so good around each other i decided to see how it would pan out at home then the territorial fun started .. 2 fights within the first half hour ... separated for a while .. brought on a walk together and were great together all through the walk ... Brought them back to the house and only got in the door and bang ... a full fledged fight ...So Cali was left out the back so i could put some time into the Xena girl .. I fed her and watered her and let her fall asleep on the couch.. At about 12 last night i let her out for a wee and bang .. they were at each others throats again Sad ..

So this morning when i got up we went out the back together and all was good .. Cali was lying in the grass beside me while i was throwing the ball up and down for Xena (she loves the ball) as i said all was good then Xena was running up to me with the ball in her mouth and Cali put her head up to be rubbed and Xena's switch was flicked.. They went for each other again ... And everytime they seen each other after that ...

So with much deliberation i decided to swollow my pride and get in touch with Lilly to seek advice .. Its been one of the hardest decisions i have ever had to make but have decided to Bring Xena back to Lissenhall as Personally dont think i could ever have made a match with these two dogs .. Xena is an excellent choice for someone who wants a 1 dog household .. She needs to be on her own .. And the poor thing deserveS it too ... She's a belter of a dog .. But she cant be around other dogs because she is so territorial .. She deserves to be looked after by herself and only by herself so she can get the love and attention she needs...

And before anyone posts up "Ross .. Dont be silly " .. I have 1 thing to Say ...

I put my hands up and say SORRY to everyone !! (Lilly, Jules, & everyone who wished me well with the two of them)

I thought i would have been able to cope with two dogs.. But its very hard work .. specially when they dont see eye to eye.. So for all you folks that have 2 and 3 dogs at home I commend the lot of you, from the bottom of my heart..... You are the people that make this forum / Association what it is and for that i say fairplay and thanks .....

I know this is a bit of a rant .. But i think the onus is on me to appoligise .. Xena will be taken out for walks as much as I can until she is re homed and i will be bringing her to the training days to get her back into tip top shape for her new and up coming home .. She deserves it she really does ..

Once again ... SORRY ... But i did try ... And she will always have a special place in my heart for what she is .. Which is a kind and gentle dog who needs some special attention.. I miss her already ..

Ross Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

[img]ACES Training day 10th july.. - Page 4 SleepyXena[/img][img]ACES Training day 10th july.. - Page 4 Xenachelo[/img]
rosscockram
rosscockram

Back to top Go down

Post by honey Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 pm

ross fare play ye gave it a go and for that you should be proud as u said you can help her by bringin her for walks and to the evnt day it is hard wen u have 2 that wont c eye to eye so dont worry about it dude no need to be sorry at least u tried and that somthin player and yes she would be better off as a one family dog because she is a beaut
honey
honey

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Chin up Ross pal, I was thinking about ya all day wondering how yous were getting on. I can give ya a hand on the training days with Xena and getting her walked. She's a beauty and hopefully someone with no dogs will come along and re home her very soon sunny
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Ross fair play to you pal for giving it a shot !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Fair play to you Ross , we,l all help walk her when we can , think we all fell in love with her , you relay tried hard :)

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Ross me buddy after a real long time up there in the kennels this was the first offer xina has had, i have to take my hat off to you for even considering the challenge although all the odds were against you not knowing any of her history along with xinas upbringing due and true no fault of her own. i do believe dogs can change and i also believe there will be some that are just best living alone. We have learned from this that Xina is very controllable while being out, she reacts very easily to commands and can with the rite owner be even more civil then some of the dogs that attend events and even my own dogs, her problem is she has never had the chance to develop any social skills with other dogs and unfortunately Ether 2 things will happen when bringing an adult dog into a home were another adult dog lives, they will click or clash.

I think you made the rite decision ross for all involved, for cali for xina for Chelsey and for you. i think you did a fantastic job with xina yesterday and in no way do you need to apologise or be sorry for anything, you gave it a go Ross and thats what counts buddy. Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bowie Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Well done Ross you gave it your best shot, sometimes you have to listen to your head not your heart this was one of those times.My little Bowie is very friendly to other dogs but when one comes into the house she gets that big territorial head on her sometimes.Lets hope somone can take her she deserves a break.
bowie
bowie

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Fair play to you Ross, you made the right decision. The safety of your family come first, yes Xena is an excellent dog in the right home and owner. You gave it your best shot and didnt try too sort the problem out yourself, which could escalate into something serious. You have a heart of gold and no one could never put you down for trying to help Xena cheers cheers
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:24 pm

ACES Training day 10th july.. - Page 4 5927526615_d444cb5083_b
5R2V7368 by macui1, on Flickr

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 pm

oh good god lol nice 1 chris i think the tread needed this Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 pm

What did I ever do to you Christy. Be warned I am in charge of the Banned Button

ACES Training day 10th july.. - Page 4 MSN-Emoticon-show-ass-107
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 pm

YENALED1 wrote:What did I ever do to you Christy. Be warned I am in charge of the Banned Button

and she's not afraid to use it ! trust me i know Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 pm

james b wrote:
YENALED1 wrote:What did I ever do to you Christy. Be warned I am in charge of the Banned Button

lol! lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 pm

james b wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:49 am

It turned the thread around lol
Just your thumb came into mind.
Ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:32 am

christopher brown wrote:It turned the thread around lol
Just your thumb came into mind.
Ha ha

One more thing guess who is charge of the points, when I saw that pic thats what came into my mind Ha Ha

Christy Brown ACES Training day 10th july.. - Page 4 MSN-Emoticon-picture-taking-178 Nil Points

ACES Training day 10th july.. - Page 4 MSN-Emoticon-155
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosscockram Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:18 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
rosscockram
rosscockram

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Love it Jules, albino albino NIL POINTS FOR CHRISTY
NIL POINTS FOR CHRISTY
NIL POINTS FOR CHRISTY
lol! lol! lol!

Christy can I please have some more pics when ya get a chance ?? clown
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:26 pm

yeah yeah yeah , ye will see for doing that , and as for you Stacey, well well well ,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:27 pm

[b]Christy can I please have some more pics when ya get a chance ?? clown[b]
you can have all ye want . lol

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtylilrossie Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 pm

looks like you all had a ball raging missed this one hopefully will make the next one...

need to get Izzy meeting her own kind sunny

dirtylilrossie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4