Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish staffy

+5
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR
eamo s
slattery9104
Harry
murf
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Irish staffy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Harry Tue May 18, 2010 9:46 pm

No round head Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 6:55 pm

staffie wrote:irish staff is a cross staffie pit,

Guess you must of been reading all the media hype over the years. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Mon May 24, 2010 1:20 am

probably all of the preceding posts are true to an extent.The staffordshire bull terriers that did teastas mor trials before 1968 looked exactly the same as a show bred staff,which begs the question .Where did the long legs come from? They seem to old for big money over in the u.k. All the confusion dosent help any breed/or crossbred (stupid b.s.l etc. ).Think of the amount of dogfood ,vet bills etc. that could have been paid for with the money spent on bringing one of these pitbull type dog cases to court.
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon May 24, 2010 10:57 am

culabula wrote:probably all of the preceding posts are true to an extent.The staffordshire bull terriers that did teastas mor trials before 1968 looked exactly the same as a show bred staff,which begs the question .Where did the long legs come from? They seem to old for big money over in the u.k. All the confusion dosent help any breed/or crossbred (stupid b.s.l etc. ).Think of the amount of dogfood ,vet bills etc. that could have been paid for with the money spent on bringing one of these pitbull type dog cases to court.
well said..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 9:14 pm

culabula wrote:probably all of the preceding posts are true to an extent.The staffordshire bull terriers that did teastas mor trials before 1968 looked exactly the same as a show bred staff,which begs the question .Where did the long legs come from? They seem to old for big money over in the u.k. All the confusion dosent help any breed/or crossbred (stupid b.s.l etc. ).Think of the amount of dogfood ,vet bills etc. that could have been paid for with the money spent on bringing one of these pitbull type dog cases to court.

The original oldtime staffs were long in the leg, the KC show idiots set there own standard and ruined the breed. The staffs that took part in the old badger trials came in all shapes and sizes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 24, 2010 9:26 pm

People are always going to breed differant ways, if they didn't what would we have? Some people would have bred more of the "Bull" and others more of the "Terrier" type in their dogs. It just happens that the current Kennel Club standards favour more of the Bull, IMO to better differanciate between the Pitbull and SBT. That's just my opinion.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:People are always going to breed differant ways, if they didn't what would we have? Some people would have bred more of the "Bull" and others more of the "Terrier" type in their dogs. It just happens that the current Kennel Club standards favour more of the Bull, IMO to better differanciate between the Pitbull and SBT. That's just my opinion.

What we would have would be healthier dogs not out of breath fat short pigs. The people who parade these around show rings like crufts are more interested in winning a usless rosette and trophy than the dogs health.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 9:56 pm

i tried to say that a few days ago and i got killed. the kennel club ruined breeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon May 24, 2010 11:17 pm

colm wrote:i tried to say that a few days ago and i got killed. the kennel club ruined breeds.
the kennel club made the standard and its not only the standard its corruption amongst the judges letting dogs win that are falling to peaces and then these are the dogs and bitches being studded and mated causing these problems, again there's good and bad people everywhere just like in the pit bull breed, it all boles down to human error and the dogs are suffering because of it.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 25, 2010 5:43 pm

it aint human error lil, they do it on purpose.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:35 pm

slattery9104 wrote:i'm not sure i was told its a old irish dog as they pits and staffs kinda originated here but now they use that name to be able brink dogs to the uk to fight em? i'm not sure what to believe but surely the english are not that stupid to let em bring in a pit and keep it as its called a irish staff?

this is true i moved bk to scotland a cpl of yrs ago and was told that the idea is to try and get a dog the same size as a staff but with the gameness of a pit every where u go people tell u theyve got irish staffs when really there just staffXpits and no us english ent stupid just the police ent that clued up on bsl
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 pm

yeah understandable, but what i cant understand is why mix the breeds?? why didnt they just call their pits irish staffys no1 can really tell the difference anyway.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 pm

any thing that looks like a staff but bigger has a chance of being seized under bsl and there has been a few cases ive heard of where people have been walking there "staff" and it has been seized under the bsl these are innocent family pets. these people have brought there dog thinking it was a staff which is a shame if you ask me. dont no if im makin sense. and the person that told me the reason there crossing the 2 i think had his fingers in many pies concerning the way pits are used illegally i dont no for sure just a few things he said Twisted Evil
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3