Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Bullies

+3
slattery9104
SarahB58
Harry
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

American Bullies Empty American Bullies

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 4:24 pm

I like 1's like these as they aren't way overblown dogs that can't walk never mind use a Springpole or Weight pull or nothing. What do ye think? I like them aslong as they dont call them APBT's because that only gives ppl the wrong impression of the real Pitbull :D
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

American Bullies Empty Re: American Bullies

Post by SarahB58 Mon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm

I really like the American bully as a breed :D, but the only thing that looks wrong about them is they're too short like English Bulldogs. The ones in the vid are nice :)
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm

They are really class, some of the best w/p dogs in US and also some other from the same guy has championed in Hog Hunting. Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Mon May 17, 2010 4:35 pm

whats with the prong collar on the dogs there on the rong way?
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 4:44 pm

How? They look right to me?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Mon May 17, 2010 5:10 pm

no pal the prongs are facing out it you look close
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 5:18 pm

I think it's just because they are very loose and hanging off maybe twisted around or something Razz regular choke chains look way better anyway Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:14 pm

I Love Bullys. Not That The Ones That Are Inbred Te Bits Tho. Ive Seen Some Horrible Looking Ones With Bowed Legs Etc And At Only 8wks Old. Dont Like The Gottiline Ones.
Alot Of People Think The AmBullys Are Pitbulls. Talk About Head-Reckin Rolling Eyes Id Be Blue In The Face Trying To Explain That Ambullys Are NOT Pitbulls

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 6:24 pm

U like the 1's in the vid?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Moose & Peewee lol! What A Name To Call A Bully That Resembles A Rhino lol! Yeah Their Nice- Not Too Short,No Bowed Legs,No Not Bulging With Muscle . Heads Are Huge Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 pm

They are really good dogs aswell have lots of titles in sports like W/P and some of them do Hog Hunting which is Alot of running and strength.

I like them, they have a website it rhymes with BedPits.us lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Here's A Run Down On Them

General Impression
The American Bully should give the impression of great strength for his size. The breed is well put-together and is muscular, but agile and graceful, and keenly alive to their surroundings. The American Bully should be stocky, and not long-legged or racy in outline. The breed is very outgoing with an eagerness to please. Their courage is proverbial.

Head
Medium length, deep through, broad skull, very pronounced cheek muscles, distinct stop, and high set ears. Ears - Cropped or uncropped. Eyes - All colors except albinism. Round to oval, low down in skull and set far apart. Muzzle - Medium length, rounded on upper side or slightly squared to fall away abruptly below eyes. Jaws well defined. Under jaw to be strong and display biting power. Lips close and even, some looseness accepted, but not preferred. Upper teeth to meet tightly outside lower teeth in front or scissor bite accepted. Nose all colors acceptable.

Neck
Heavy, slightly arched, tapering from shoulders to back of skull. No looseness of skin. Medium length.

Shoulders
Strong and muscular with blades wide and sloping

Height: Males 18 - 21 inches
Height: Females 17 - 20 inches
There is no particular weight for the breed.

American Bully is a happy, outgoing, stable, and confident dog. Gentle and loving towards people. Good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet. Almost always obedient, this dog wants nothing more then to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of life. This breed possesses the loyalty and stability of the American Pit Bull Terrier while retaining the sociable, amiable, and outgoing temperament of the American Staffordshire Terrier. This unique breed is noted for displaying extreme tolerance with children and an overwhelming eagerness to please its family. Confident, yet not aggressive, this breed possesses a very pleasant temperament. Physically, the American Bully has an impressive, athletic build, which is both muscular and defined, and displays strength and agility. The breed is versatile and capable of accomplishing a wide variety of tasks. All around, the American Bully is a well rounded, reliable, trustworthy, and ideal family companion. The breed is very outgoing with an eagerness to please. They are known for their courage. Courageous and a persistent fighter if provoked. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death if the enemy traps the dog in a corner and threatens its loved ones. This breed has a very high tolerance for pain. Socialized very thoroughly when young to curve any dog aggressive tendencies. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but also as a companion dog. This breed is not for the passive owner who does not understand that all dogs have an instinct to have a pack order.
American Bully History

The American Bully breed was established in the mid 1990 s with the purpose of creating the ultimate family companion. The American Bully was created through years of selective breeding by combining the desired traits of the UKC American Pit Bull Terrier and the AKC American Staffordshire Terrier. The American Bully's origin's can be seen both on the East and West Coast of the United States, primarily in Virginia, and Los Angeles, California. Today the American Bully can also be seen, in Europe and Asia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:56 pm

I Was Just On One Of The Bullys Sites & I Seen That They Have Bred Father & Daughter affraid .

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 pm

scratch ON PURPOSE???
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Yep On Purpose. They Said That These Pups Will Be Crazy Nall

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Alot of the top lines were started this way. Line breeding, The whole GSD breed was the off spring of Father-Daughter breeding :eww:
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Mon May 17, 2010 11:35 pm

yeah most top crufts dogs are inbread between parent/son-daughter or with grand parents there was a show on tv not to long ago about how all the top crufts winning dogs have huge health problems due to inbreeding

how can dogs be awarded best of breed and best in show when they are extreamly unhealthy??
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue May 18, 2010 5:57 am

Thats right Slattery, we had a discussion on this a few months back. Its not for the improvement of the dog. Its to suit the so called fanciers eye.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 18, 2010 12:13 pm

you know i don't dislike any dog/breed but what i do this like is people breeding dogs with health problems etc, that goes for the am bully and the topic of pedigree dogs exposed, as eamo said its people breeding for looks. if we look at breeds 100 years ago such as the English bull terrier they didn't have that pig shaped head that's just an example, now they breed dogs such as the pug faced breeds that find it real hard to breath and have really bad health problems. in a way we are lucky the APBT hasn't being a recognized breed and if you look back 100 years ago they haven't changed a bit to the 1s around today.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue May 18, 2010 1:51 pm

yeah as far as i know english bulldogs and some french bulldogs have to gie birth to pups by section as there heads are so big thats why the pups cost a lot of money, this is what i'v been told but i could be rong
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Tue May 18, 2010 3:42 pm

I dont think inbreeding itself is the problem,the american pitbull has been consistently inbred for 100 years plus,so most of the undesirable genes have been eliminated.The problem is show standards,what happens when almost every dog reaches it? The most extreme one wins.With some breeds these standards are inconsistent with health.Bulldog and pug mothers havnt evolved larger pelvises to accomodate their huge headed pups.I dont think we should apply human taboos to animals.I dont think its safe to inbreed american bullies though because most of them are i.m.o crossbred with neopolotain mastiff (a breed with shitloads of genetic faults)
Google " Dagger kennels pitbull" absoloutly huge dogs and they look the genuine article,not sure about the other ones though.I saw a 90lb fullbred chocalate pitbull in limerick about 12 years ago
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue May 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Tara some realy famous dogs are bred this way unfortunately. Its what you call a bloodline a pure pedigree. Somtimes the breeder as to out cross to another compatible bloodline to strengthen the breed. Alot of top show dogs are bred this way, because they are so pure, they are open to many diseases and health problems.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Was Searchin The Net & Found This
'New Era Pitbulls' Basically Its A Bully But With The Height Of A Pitty. I Think They Are Gorgeous & Would Rather One Of These Anyday Than A Pumped Up Bully That Looks Like Hes Been On The Steroids lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri May 21, 2010 6:11 pm

They're nice enough but are way over size.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Tue May 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Does anybody know what genetic faults are carried by pitbulls.Cherry eye is the only one ive come accross personally.I.M.O they are one of the genetically healthiest breeds there is(ambullies excepted) and the finest piece of canine craftmanship to ever leave the almightys workshop.

Last edited by culabula on Tue May 25, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next