Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long is your dog left alone?

4 posters

Go down

How long is your dog left alone? Empty How long is your dog left alone?

Post by Harry Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 am

I want to know how long you leave your dogs without seeing them during the day? When school is on I leave at about 8.40 and get back around 3.30.

But my cousin might be getting a dog and he asked me to find one suitable for his house and garden and other circumstances. There's one problem I can see, He leaves at 8.00 in the morning and his parents work until 5.00 so he stays at his Gran's after school. I think that's a long time for the dog to be alone, so I pretty much ruled out SBT (He has a big book with like 300 breeds in it and he picked them himself Surprised) because they like people too much.

So 2 questions here really, how long is your dog left home? and do you think 8-5 is too long for a Staffy to be alone?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

How long is your dog left alone? Empty Re: How long is your dog left alone?

Post by slattery9104 Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:18 pm

thankfully theres always sum one at my house so my dog is never alone, personally i think that ammount of time is too much for any breed and specially when there a puppy but if he got it now over the summer he's no school and would be able to spend lots of time with the dog but personally i wouldnt get a dog of any breed if 9 hours of the day the dog would be on its own and chances are by the time he comes home the dog wiill have the entire place recked lol
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Ya that's what I think, I don't think his mam is too into the whole idea anyway.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Im in and out off my OH Mothers house all day so

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:02 pm

There is always someone here and its usually me. There are alot of people working that have a dog. It is along time to leave your dog alone but you have to make time for it in the morning before school and after. I have always had dogs and I had to walk mine 7.30 every morning before school and again when I came home. Its no fun during the winter months but it has to be done.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Very true Jules, our dogs arent like toys or fancy bikes or cars that we only bring out in the Summer. The dogs need to get out everyday or they would go mad and unhealthy mentally and psychically
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 pm

I know, see that's why I dont think they should get a dog because I know if the weather was bad it wouldnt get walked Razz Ohh well they'll have to do with their Gran's Bichon lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down