Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lurcher pup

+2
YENALED
paulie
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lurcher pup  Empty Lurcher pup

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 pm

Meet Daisy
Lurcher pup  Image018
5 weeks old and breeder brought her to be PTS as he didnt want 'deformed' pup in his litter has its bad for business !!! so kind peole in wexford took her in and she came to me tonight , vet says her abck left leg will have to be amputated at 12 weeeks , shes completly blind , she didnt know how to lap or eat a couple of hours ago so me , the kids , and Ruby and Roxy sat in the kitchen with her till she ate a load of kitten mousse (for weaning kittens) then wagging her tail she trotted beside Ruby and wile Ruby was drinkning she ducked her head in the bowl got alittle fright but listened to Ruby then finaly started to Lap , she drank and drank till it was all gone , and kept licking Ruby as if to say ... thanks, i was sooo thirsty , she would break your heart xxx
Lurcher pup  Lil_ro10

Back to top Go down

Lurcher pup  Empty Re: Lurcher pup

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Right now shes safe in her snuggle nest with heat pad , safely in her crate , and a full belly xxx
will update here tomorrow ,

Back to top Go down

Post by paulie Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:14 am

un plug the heat lamp lamp u will only dehidrat the pup ur only doing bad instead of doing good

paulie

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:23 am

Hello Paulie, you are welcome to the forum. In certain circumstances you could possibly be right about too much heat. But I have so much faith and admiration for this Lady I have no doubt she knows what she is doing. Keep us posted Rachel on how Daisy is getting on.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:30 am

what heat lamp ?????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:34 am

and sorry but what would i be doing with anything with a plug ?? sure a pup would chew that in a second and blow up :D
did you never here of a heat pad ? you put it in the microwave and put in under the blanket on one side so the pup can easily move to the other end if shes to warm affraid you can certainly use this thread to educate yourself about takeing in rescued pups , cheers xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:37 am

http://www.snugglesafe.co.uk/heatpad.htm
just to teach you about the snuggle pad Razz
welcome to the forum Paulie :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:07 am

Lurcher pup  Snap2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:01 pm

Lurcher pup  Snap2011
Ruby takes her role as foster mum very seriosly Razz
here Daisy baby lies on Rubys back for comfort and security ,
Daisy slept soundly all night in her crate , didnt wet or soil it and happily went out the back and did a big wee with the others first thing , came in had her breakfast , drank lots of water , and had hours of fun , now shes snoreing agian , xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Watching her baby playing x
Lurcher pup  Snap2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Lurcher pup  Snap2013
I Love you mama xx

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:01 pm

rachel fair play to you for taking the dog in, great to see the pups gettin on well with ruby, keep us posted on how the puppy gets on
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:09 pm

Rachel this is so hard to read about this little puppy but makes it that bit easier to know the puppy is with you and in safe hands, i know Rachelle a long time, i have to say if any1 thought me anything about dogs over the years needing help, cruelty cases and the ending off happy homed dogs its being you! i also have to mention ruby your pit bull, i've seen her rare 2 day old pups and kittens that would have had no chance just with the TLC of a human,
keep up the good work Rachel and ruby....and if we can ever do anything to help you here you know all you got to do is ask I love you
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Daisy is doing great here, ye wouldnt even know she was blind , shes bounding around after the other dogs , and just wants to be involved in everything , she keeps trying to suckle form Ruby and even though shes spayed and never had pups she lies back and lets her , Baby Daisy ends up falling asleep on her or gives up and chews her tail lol xx
Lurcher pup  Snap2110

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 pm

learning to wait like the others for dinner Wink))
you only have to tap the side of the bowl and she,l come running and has learned to wait patiently till i let her sniff it then she politely eats and shares with ruby and Roxy xx
Lurcher pup  Snap2014

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:54 pm

lol love looking at the pic's keep them coming...
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 am

So the breeder of this dog brought her to the Vet's to be put down? Assuming he is a Hunter that is very uncommon practice...
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

hows that ? x

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Well I don't want to annoy anyone, but a guy up the road from me has approx 20 hounds (Foxhounds > Harriers > Beagles) and I know that if he got a pup like that in one of his litters he wouldn't be bringing to the Vet. All the dogs have to be working 100% or they're culled, there's nothing wrong with it, he know's his dogs can't be Pets. I was walking my 2 awhile back and he was out with a Foxhound (10months 25" tall) he was saying he wasn't performing and if he didn't start he'd be culled. that was about 3months ago. I don't think he started performing...

What i'm trying to say is, the pup you have, he was never going to be able to work, there'd be no point in keeping him as a hunter because they usually have enough dogs to be feeding, it would be a money drain.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:47 pm

I knew that was coming...........Mans best friend NOT
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Thats a realy old practice dates back to 100's of years. Now days for instances you are breeding show quality dogs.1 or 2 dogs out of the litter have faults but are perfectly healthy. They are normaly not culled(destroyed) they are sold or given away with conditions that they arent to be bred. That so called dog man is babaric and im sure alot of people would agree with me. The dog doesnt do what its meant to do. Ahh sure just kill it, i dont even think humanely either. If your Ruby had a litter and they all had faults and you couldnt old them, would you kill them?
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:35 pm

I tried to stay out of this thread for a long time, I'm just saying where I live lots of people have hunting dogs, they are mainly farmers aswell, alot of them hunt because they lose sheep etc. to vermin like the Fox, they have no reason to keep a dog in their 'pack' if it can't work (i'm not saying they all hunt for pest control, they enjoy the craic that come's with the chase i'm sure)

It's differant with show dogs who might for example have a 'gay tail' or blue eyes' in APBT they're usually sold cheaper than siblings with better potential. As for the question about my dog, if the pups were born with not good confirmation I wouldn't kill them, they'd be sold to people who didn't want a dog to go to show's only as a great companion. If however for some reason they were all born with serious health defects, I would have to think about if they would be able to lead a life to the full. If not then yes I would in all probabilty put them down, I wouldn't enjoy it in the slightest but it would not be fair on them to leave them alive.

The breeder of Ruby, he has 1 male and 3 females, a person he sold a bitch to was going on holidays but she knew that her dog would be coming into heat, she sent her dog to him and when he was at work one of his kids let them out because Cesar was barking, needless to say Cesar did the job on his daughter and 2months later "out came 10 of the most solid little pups he had seen in years" but he thought about it and asked his Vet. He didn't think it would be fair on the owners and the dogs to old them on to people, he was thinking to the future what problems they might have as a result of the Line-Breeding involved.

Last edited by Harry on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:42 pm

these practices are being fighted against by people like me , poeple that love dogs and know there is a MAJOR problem of over breeding and not enough good homes , every single person that breeds there dog is adding ot the problem wether they see it or not , its a fact , there are too many unwanted dogs as there is , thats why the breeding bill has been established only a few weeks ago , it took a lot of good poele years or protesting to get that bill in , and to change the legaslation , its the not best , but it is a start and defintielya step in the right direction , and if anyone thinks that a pup should be pts or killed because of disability that can be manged well they shouldnt owna dog Crying or Very sad atleast this man brough it to the vet and the kind vet asked rescue for help , it could have been just drowned like many before her , but the laws are changeing and the public are starting to wake up and see the bigger picture and the problem with over breeding in Ireland , maybe if you fostered yourself or took the time to meet a special needs dog you would change your mind , as Daisy behaves like a normal puppy , you wouldnt know she was blind as she emphasis her other senses to make up for her sight , and her leg is unstable but causeing her no harm so will not need to be amputated for the foreseeable future :D

and as for your last post Harry an emergency spay would have solved all them poor 10 puppies being born , even better neuter/spay if he couldnt be a responsible owner xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Harry wrote:Well I don't want to annoy anyone, but a guy up the road from me has approx 20 hounds (Foxhounds > Harriers > Beagles) and I know that if he got a pup like that in one of his litters he wouldn't be bringing to the Vet. All the dogs have to be working 100% or they're culled, there's nothing wrong with it, he know's his dogs can't be Pets. I was walking my 2 awhile back and he was out with a Foxhound (10months 25" tall) he was saying he wasn't performing and if he didn't start he'd be culled. that was about 3months ago. I don't think he started performing...

What i'm trying to say is, the pup you have, he was never going to be able to work, there'd be no point in keeping him as a hunter because they usually have enough dogs to be feeding, it would be a money drain.

now i,m not argueing with youa t all , but just dont understand why you say he knows his dogs cant be pets ??, i dont understand that in the breeds you mention xx

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Any dog can be a pet Harry, one of the biggest dog men who has these type of dogs lives across the road from me. He is from Clare originaly, alot of people around my area work their terriers, spaniels and hounds. Im not mentioning his name over this. As for the money drain no point in having a dog that wont work. There is plenty of people who buy them sort of dogs, my friend has 2 working terriers. Im not getting into this, but i dont agree with your friend killing these dogs. He shouldnt be breeding so many if he cant afford to keep them..
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum