Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lurcher pup

+2
YENALED
paulie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lurcher pup  - Page 2 Empty Re: Lurcher pup

Post by Harry Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 pm

I knew ye wouldn't get this, his dogs are serious stuff, i've seen them out and about. They can be out from 9am to 5 or 6pm running in a pack, I was walking my dogs one evening and they had just got back from the day, they found 12 Foxes, they didn't manage to shoot them all, but the dogs found 12. Can you honestly say that there is someone who would be capable of having one of those dogs in a house? These dogs are in kennels, they are working dogs not Pets, I can say I felt 10times safer in a shed full of Pits, Stafs and Bulldogs on Sunday than I did looking into that trailer with 4 Harriers in it, even after they were out all day.

As for my neighbour culling the Foxhound, in many people's opinion the only way you're going to imporve your stock is by only keeping the dogs that exceed the standards, you cull the others, whether they're culled by being neutered or by being put down is differant for differant circumstances. I do not like the idea of killing healthy animals but in alot of cases it is the only place the dog could go e.g. if every Pit Fighter in Ireland decided to neuter the dogs and old them as Pets, yes there'd be demand for awhile but it would be very hard to find home's for all the dogs.

I'm not trying to defend or attack anyone or anything, I am not saying that the Lurcher here should be put down, i'm saying it is strange that the owner decided to go to the vets for it.

What I was trying to say was, in all performance bred animals wheter it be in Hounds or Gundogs or Fighting Pits, ok in hounds and gundogs you might be able to neuter and old to a family like a member on here has a gundog that was afraid of the gun, the hunter was not going to keep him, so he put him for sale and made sure he wouldn't be bred, my friend has the same thing. But in other animals like Pits, the litters are too big for them to all go to friends of the breeder except the chosen 'keepers'. There would be just too many dogs and then they would have to advertise them and then they would get caught and there dogs killed and them jailed. The only other way I can think of to keep the dogs from breeding is to have the dogs destroyed.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone and it's not directed at anyone in particular but we all have to face the truth and this is what happens.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Harry i knew you wouldnt get this either Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:48 am

Culling foxes what a load of bollocks they are doing it for FUN. Sick of listening to lame brain excuses, ffs you are living in bloody County Rosscommon not the land that time forgot. You keep thinking like that theres a good boy and you will be able to sleep at night. Don't try and stereo type dogs/people either, not all bloodthirsy people keep Lurchers. You mentioned that these dogs are not able to be kept as pets. In the right environment I believe they can, just as we believe that with the right mentors, patience and understanding pitbulls used for fighting have been rescued and are now living normal lives.
ps get rid of all that crap at the bottom of your threads you are making this site look like a soddin xmas tree.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:04 am

most of mick vicks top fighting dogs are rehomed to familys harry,

My dobermann from the day i got him was sick the vet told me i'll get a few months out of him he'd put him down if i wanted but the dog wasnt in any pain so i said no, i got to keep him till he was a few months before he dies but there was no way in the world i was putting him down cos he was sick unless he was in pain but as i said the vet told me he wasnt, the dog also cost me near 2,000 in vets bills in the space of 5-6 months but still i didnt care it was worth the few months i got to spend with him no dog should be put down unless their in pain and cant be helped outher wise theres always a souloution besides killing a poor dog
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:43 am

harry i wish you would some how understand the meaning of this board and that the board is for people that have a genuine love for dogs as dogs, i have heard all to many story's from you about all these different people that live beside you that you talk to and what they do with their dogs as they are not pets, what i would ask you here is to keep there's and your opinions to yourself when it comes to hunting and other things that dogs are used and abused for and not post about it here on the board unless you need help for something, thank you.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum