Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blue pitts

4 posters

Go down

blue pitts Empty blue pitts

Post by deed not breed Wed May 18, 2011 3:39 pm

was watching pitbulls and parolees last nyt i dont no if i like it but il keep on watchin thing was ur wun tia said that blues are generally aggressive now iv never heard of that in a specific and the comment pissed me off a bit but i dont no so if anyone cud share sum light Neutral
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

blue pitts Empty Re: blue pitts

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:51 pm

I'v heard that breeding just for certain colours or looks & not for temperament & demeanor (basically bad breeding) can be behind behavioral problems. I was watching it too & have watched it for a while & think the work she does for pits is great but i totally disagree with what she was saying about the blue pitbull on it last night, I also watch the dog whisperer & think the dog could definitely be rehabilitated but is just to much dog for owner & family to handle... If they found the right trainer to work with him & to find him the right home I say he would be a safe happy dog no problem

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed Wed May 18, 2011 3:57 pm

i totally agree i love ceaser he is epic just thought she was out of line iv worked with 2 blue pits and they wer fab i think she was just afraid of the dog but i dont think he should have stayed where he was thats no quality of life its sad Sad
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed May 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Where have you worked with Blue pits?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 pm

boston why
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 pm

I thought you were talking about here.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed Wed May 18, 2011 4:43 pm

north shore animal league boston MA, and woff woff quincy boston MA to be specific
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed May 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Are you American or were you just living over there?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 7:27 pm

I think she just never had to deal with a dog that seem so explosive before... Shadow used to act just like the blue pit was acting when people knocked on the door & we got her out of that no problem, she still does it from time to time but she no where near as bad as she used to be. Now for people that never owned a pit or any powerful dog before to do that i think that the right person could easily help that dog. I dont think it was right of her to blame it on the colour or the breeder, any problems the dog has is down to the owner not correcting it when it started. Could also tell how nervous the owner was & for her to tell the owner to be super cautious & basically to lock him in a cage like some wild beast isnt going to help with her confidence handling her dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipley,Staffords Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

deed not breed wrote:i totally agree i love ceaser he is epic just thought she was out of line iv worked with 2 blue pits and they wer fab i think she was just afraid of the dog but i dont think he should have stayed where he was thats no quality of life its sad Sad

Very well said IMO , the colour of a dog does not determine it's outcome in life , the handling secures that no matter what the breeding !
It's a shame that such dogs are held back in life , they are looking for & need a good pack leader , once established with a confident handler / owner then only time will tell what can be achieved with such a dog ! cheers

Cheers , Terry.
Shipley,Staffords
Shipley,Staffords

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed Thu May 19, 2011 7:01 pm

yep totally agree ceaser could hav had a field day with him jocolor and no im not american im irish lived there for a year but this about dogs not me silent
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 pm

I was only saying' because I plan on moving to America when I'm finished school.. Down south tho, GA, SC or FL probably Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed Fri May 20, 2011 9:11 am

oh cool that wat i did you want any info let me no Surprised
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Fri May 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Harry wrote:I was only saying' because I plan on moving to America when I'm finished school.. Down south tho, GA, SC or FL probably Wink

Whats going to happen to your dogeen then, or if you are planning on staying why not wait and get a dog when your over there.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri May 20, 2011 4:25 pm

He'll have to stay here for a few months 'till I have a house and then I'll get him sent in the post... Lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Fri May 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Harry wrote:He'll have to stay here for a few months 'till I have a house and then I'll get him sent in the post... Lol

Now your just larkin about. You have never mentioned heading off to the States before, and why the South?
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri May 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I've wanted to move to America for atleast 5yrs, my uncle lived in Ojai in California in '90's and I was there when I was like 4 months old to see my cousin. I don't really want to go to California that much tho, it's full of ppl furmommies and tree huggers, I wanna go to the Durty South Wink Real 'Bulldog' country.

Also, I think if you look in Devyn's threads, you'll see I talked about moving there Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Harry wrote:I've wanted to move to America for atleast 5yrs, my uncle lived in Ojai in California in '90's and I was there when I was like 4 months old to see my cousin. I don't really want to go to California that much tho, it's full of ppl furmommies and tree huggers, I wanna go to the Durty South Wink Real 'Bulldog' country.

Also, I think if you look in Devyn's threads, you'll see I talked about moving there Razz

Not my fave place in the US but I had a brill week in TN a few years ago.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri May 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Toronto? I know someone who moved house over there and now lives 3 miles from the nearest power line/telephone wire Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed Sat May 21, 2011 8:34 am

ahh ye cnt beat boston its home from home but would love to go texas sum day Cool but instead of going to live there go 4 a few months i got in playing gaelic an camogie and it sets u up with a few friends Idea
deed not breed
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat May 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Harry wrote:Toronto? I know someone who moved house over there and now lives 3 miles from the nearest power line/telephone wire Surprised

I stayed in Lewisburg south of Nashville Tennessee (TN)
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 am

Oh, I thought TE or TS was Tennessee Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content