Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY.

+4
caroline/dnb
Philly Mc00
pitties rule
celticpitbulls
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY. Empty SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY.

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:03 pm

DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER!!!!

DATE: Sunday 9TH Oct, starting at 11.

Venue: Back of Campions pub, Malahide Road, Balgriffin, Dublin 17

Location: Coming from Dublin City, head out the Malahide Road. Once you pass the Hilton Hotel at the M50/Donaghmede junction, Campions is about 200 yards up on the left-hand side. Drive into the car park and the gate to the venue will be facing you.

Activity's on the day will be chosen on the day.

Admission for this day is.. €8 per dog participating in training, €2 euro spectator, Children FREE, AND puppy's 6months and under are also Free.

All funds raised go's to the expenses of the venue set up. Rent, insurance and fencing.

If you have a crate for your dogs please bring it with you along with an appropriate muzzle.

IPBTA will provide weight pull harnesses to those that don't have 1. And hoping to have some appropriate muzzle to lend out on the day.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL THERE...

Last edited by celticpitbulls on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY. Empty Re: SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY.

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:24 pm

think everyone went cold turkey coz there was none on last week......lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:33 pm

lol yeah i didn't know what to be doing, its the first sunday iv'e had in a long time.

are you going to pop over?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:41 pm

This Sunday we're hoping to run a knock out style race on the hurdles. We're gonna throw all the dogs names in a hat and draw them out to see who will race against who, the winner will go through to the next race and the loser is knocked out, until we have a winner.
The staffies and PitBulls will all be in the same group and if we have an uneven number of dogs one dog will get a bye which will be decided in the draw, The dog that gets a bye will still have to do a run on the lure on there own to make sure everey dog does the same amount of work on the day.

I think I've covered most of the rules but if I've missed anything just ask and I'll try answer as best I can.

Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:04 pm

fair play phil, im looking forward to seeing how this goes, also there will be 1 over all trophy for the hurdle knock out winner!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm

lol some of these dogs have never ran with another dog, it should be fun!

please make sure you all have appropriate muzzles...
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caroline/dnb Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:11 pm

think staffs should have their own group if u have enough
caroline/dnb
caroline/dnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:15 pm

what about dogs that can't run with another dog do they go on there own ? these are not lurchers or greyhounds and some ppl's dogs cant run with another dog. so what happens then can they still take part ?

i think staffs should be in there own group too caro !

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:28 pm

If Jules is going up then ye will all get to see Ed Wink

Wonder what he'll make of it Razz

Oh and I'll help out with this hurdles business, many hands make light work and all that Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:lol yeah i didn't know what to be doing, its the first sunday iv'e had in a long time.

are you going to pop over?

if i can get someone to watch the kids i will.... need a bigger motor to fit everyone in haha
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:37 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:lol some of these dogs have never ran with another dog, it should be fun!

please make sure you all have appropriate muzzles...

have to agree sounds like a buzz... first time since the aces in april different dogs ran together if im not mistaken
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:00 pm

james b wrote:what about dogs that can't run with another dog do they go on there own ? these are not lurchers or greyhounds and some ppl's dogs cant run with another dog. so what happens then can they still take part ?

i think staffs should be in there own group too caro !

Because its a winner/loser type event and not actually done on time it'll be difficult to work out a way to fit in dogs that can't run with others fairly, but if we can come up with a fair way to make it work I don't see any reason why they can't let them run. It's all just a bit of crack so we should do our best to make sure everybody gets involved!!

If we have enough dogs on the day then we possibly could run a separate section for the Staffs but if the numbers are low then it would probably be better to have all the dogs in one group. And judging by the times at the championships there is very little between them. Once again it's all in the name of fun so there is no rules set in stone and I'm sure if we bang our heads together we can make it work out for everyone.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by caroline/dnb Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 pm

yeah am sure will work out ok on the day sure look at the speed of staceys molly
caroline/dnb
caroline/dnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:29 pm

last time ruby ran with other dogs she caused chaos for poor Hank ;(( i,l have to think about this one Laughing but then if she gets put wit somoen like cindy she wont be able to catch her lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:30 pm

sorry i just realised its just staffs and pits sorry xx

i,l get practieing beofre sunday with other dogs x cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:40 pm

RubyStars wrote:last time ruby ran with other dogs she caused chaos for poor Hank ;(( i,l have to think about this one Laughing but then if she gets put wit somoen like cindy she wont be able to catch her lol

at least some body is thinking about it !
sounds good and would be if it works out ok.
but dogs that cant be run with others are left out i only have the pup so its not an issue for me but there might be others who show up with typical APBT's that cant be close to other dogs and want to get involved but cant coz its an event for dogs who are'nt D.A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm

james b wrote:
RubyStars wrote:last time ruby ran with other dogs she caused chaos for poor Hank ;(( i,l have to think about this one Laughing but then if she gets put wit somoen like cindy she wont be able to catch her lol

at least some body is thinking about it !
sounds good and would be if it works out ok.
but dogs that cant be run with others are left out i only have the pup so its not an issue for me but there might be others who show up with typical APBT's that cant be close to other dogs and want to get involved but cant coz its an event for dogs who are'nt D.A.

Well I'm open to suggestion on it, we can still run the lure for those people that can't run there dogs with other dogs. This event is a once off and isn't gonna be ran every week.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:50 pm

guys its just a bit of fun, all dogs will run in the 1 category, i understand that the staffs can be a little smaller but some of them are way up in their times with the pits, also if you look at the size of lets say cali to gamma even tho they are the same breed they will be running against each other. not sure if any of yo seen the race with pupzer and flo adys girl? well flo kept rite up with him, this is what the buz is all about its just fun. about the dogs running together its only 2 dogs and we have to start at some stage, once the dogs are muzzled they cant do any harm, they will only learn by getting them into it plus there will be plenty of catchers about to catch the dogs etc.

celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:57 pm

thats what i took it as fun, not competition.... doesnt matter who wins or looses... mainly getting the dogs used to running together

my dogs are nags at this stage but id still put them in for the buzz....lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Will try and make it haven't been too well this week would love to give Hank a spin he misses the Sunday buzz. Would be good for Hank to learn how to jump the damn things and not just bust his way through. lol. Harry we can go together but wont know for sure till Friday/Sat. Will give you a buzz. I will have the jeep set up for the 2 dogs so there is no need to bring your crate if you are bringing Eddie.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosscockram Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 am

GO CALI GO ....

Keep Boyner away and we'l see the trophy lol lol lol

Cant wait .... cold turkey sucks ....

Ross :)
rosscockram
rosscockram

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:56 pm

lol she sure is a cracking dog ross....
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:13 pm

pitties rule wrote:thats what i took it as fun, not competition.... doesnt matter who wins or looses... mainly getting the dogs used to running together

my dogs are nags at this stage but id still put them in for the buzz....lol

of course it matters who wins or looses ,if it all just for fun whats the point in having a league or 32 dog knock outs, yiz are going to have to start being serious about these events if our dogs are going to be on the same level as the brit dogs when it comes to competing and conditioning of the dogs !
do yiz tink all the crews over in the U.K are at it for a bit of fun? yes it is a bit of craic but at the end of the day it's all about the competition and the condition ,they are serious about their ACES events and it shows in their dogs not one irish dog could even come close to any of them dogs that where brought over for the events when it comes to the condition they where in

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:05 pm

James ill answer this a bit later, but in the meantime go have a look at the results between our dogs and the UK dogs before you start to put other peoples dogs down. Ady and the guys from the aces explained to us they would have their dogs in a 6 week keep before they would come to Ireland, also you would never be able to work a dog true a hole year or even 6 months sustaining that weight? you must also remember that all these things we are doing here are new and most people never even heard of conditioning! were only up and running a few mounts now and i think each and every person here deserve a pat on the back their dogs are a credit to them. as i said ill be back later to answer your post. Rolling Eyes
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:40 pm

whats with the rolly eyes i'm only tryin to understand whats its all about and where is it going !

i never put anybodies dog down i made the point that the dogs brought over from the U.K where in better condition than ours because to them its more than a bit of fun its serious competition ,
you know i'm into the events im up there every week with or without my dogs just like the majority of ppl and to me and you and im sure a few others its more than just a bit of fun , it might be just a bit of fun for the ppl who only show up every few weeks and thats fine ,
you said it your self to me that we have a long way to go to get to where the U.K. lads are and we're only going to get there by being serious about this A.C.E.S thing !

i'm not being smart or tryin to stir sh*t but if this is to take off it has to be a bit more than a bit of fun , am i right or am i wrong ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next