Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY.

+4
caroline/dnb
Philly Mc00
pitties rule
celticpitbulls
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY. - Page 2 Empty Re: SUNDAY 9TH TRAINING DAY.

Post by pitties rule Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:53 pm

james b wrote:
pitties rule wrote:thats what i took it as fun, not competition.... doesnt matter who wins or looses... mainly getting the dogs used to running together

my dogs are nags at this stage but id still put them in for the buzz....lol

of course it matters who wins or looses ,if it all just for fun whats the point in having a league or 32 dog knock outs, yiz are going to have to start being serious about these events if our dogs are going to be on the same level as the brit dogs when it comes to competing and conditioning of the dogs !
do yiz tink all the crews over in the U.K are at it for a bit of fun? yes it is a bit of craic but at the end of the day it's all about the competition and the condition ,they are serious about their ACES events and it shows in their dogs not one irish dog could even come close to any of them dogs that where brought over for the events when it comes to the condition they where in

the way im seeing it is this is a wind down abit of fun for the owners and dogs after all the hard work they have put in over the last few months.... the league was what all the training was for.... winter is coming in and the weather to get worse so i dont think ppl or the dogs will be able for it.... so as i said a wind down til the league starts next yr... now i could be mistaken but thats what i had in my mind as to what sunday is all about, abit of fun and also to get the dogs used to running together bounce

the aces crew are doing this alot longer than members here so yeah there dogs are gonna be in tip top shape..... that wot the members here are working towards but ya cant do it overnight it takes time to introduce all the activities and for the dogs to get used to them.... i think the irish dogs have done extremly well considering its the first ever league.... you all must be so proud Wink
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 pm

pitties rule wrote:

the aces crew are doing this alot longer than members here so yeah there dogs are gonna be in tip top shape..... that wot the members here are working towards but ya cant do it overnight it takes time to introduce all the activities and for the dogs to get used to them.... i think the irish dogs have done extremly well considering its the first ever league.... you all must be so proud Wink

you dont have to explain this to me ! i am there every single week giving a dig out, i know how well our dogs are doing i'm watching them with my own two eyes and seeing them improving every week !
i never said anyting about our dogs performance but i did mention condition and as lily said not every body knows about conditioning and that fair enough we are all learning nobody knows everyting !

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm

james b wrote:whats with the rolly eyes i'm only tryin to understand whats its all about and where is it going !

i never put anybodies dog down i made the point that the dogs brought over from the U.K where in better condition than ours because to them its more than a bit of fun its serious competition ,
you know i'm into the events im up there every week with or without my dogs just like the majority of ppl and to me and you and im sure a few others its more than just a bit of fun , it might be just a bit of fun for the ppl who only show up every few weeks and thats fine ,
you said it your self to me that we have a long way to go to get to where the U.K. lads are and we're only going to get there by being serious about this A.C.E.S thing !

i'm not being smart or tryin to stir sh*t but if this is to take off it has to be a bit more than a bit of fun , am i right or am i wrong ?

james i can understand what your saying about having to be very serious when it comes to what we are doing here, if any1 knows that i do. Over the last few months as you have noticed it has being a huge learning process for all involved. Ireland has never held these events and the people running it can only do their best to try make people happy and enjoy what we have to offer. Im not blowing any trumpets here but most of the work we do is not put up on the forum such as phoning and talking to different people about how we can make this better, organizing our next big event and what we are going to do on the day, things like talking about each day we hold and was there anything needs to be addressed etc, etc, For us its not just turn up at an event run a day and go home till the next one, what i mean here is that everything that's being said has all been taking on board and hopefully by next year we will have most if not all this sussed.

The day we are having on Sunday is just a simple training day, its just for fun. When we have a big day coming up such as the league or a championships then that's when its time to get all serious. our days are a place for people to come and do something with their dogs, some people will come for fun and some competitive ether way all dogs run are run fair and square. Dogs that wont or cant run in 2s or groups will just have to do another activity on the day, the reason being that if people do have dogs that will run in groups wont have to loose out because some1s eases dog cant.

We have a cracking year planned for next year with some amazing events on the cards, we have the registrations to set up along with ch title points to be introduced. All we ask is to be patient we are doing our best here for everyone to try keep ya all happy. Wink

celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:14 pm

YENALED1 wrote:Will try and make it haven't been too well this week would love to give Hank a spin he misses the Sunday buzz. Would be good for Hank to learn how to jump the damn things and not just bust his way through. lol. Harry we can go together but wont know for sure till Friday/Sat. Will give you a buzz. I will have the jeep set up for the 2 dogs so there is no need to bring your crate if you are bringing Eddie.

Nice one Wink

That's superdooper Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:53 pm

thanks! that's a very nice comment ibor and you are rite, its a hell of a lot of work and i have to say we have a great crew behind us.. Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:32 am

i,l race Ruby Roo , i,l make sure her muzzle is secure and lots of catchers , witha bitha luck she might get put with butch and he wont tolerate her mad behavier lol , i cant wait for sunday x

Back to top Go down

Post by caroline/dnb Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:46 am

I dont mind running teddy with other dogs this time for the bit of craic as its not really a competition this week but next year for the league and championships defo think the staffies should have their own group if there is enough
caroline/dnb
caroline/dnb

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Caro if there is to be 2 sets of league then we would need twice the funding to give out prizes etc and its just not coming in, it cost us more out of own own pocket and the days we run don't even cover the rent, fencing insurance, maintenance etc, as soon as we are in a position to do so that's when we will be able to separate dogs, it wont be based on breed it will go on height, 19 inch and over will run together and anything under will run may them be pits or staffs. Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:14 pm

RubyStars wrote:i,l race Ruby Roo , i,l make sure her muzzle is secure and lots of catchers , witha bitha luck she might get put with butch and he wont tolerate her mad behavier lol , i cant wait for sunday x

I thought you liked your dog? lol!

Butch is the last dog id want to put a dog with, he'd destroy any other dog there Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitguy Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 pm

cant wait.missing them already.bit of bad news though.dont think romeo will be able to compete again.he has a heart problem so its early retirement for him i think Sad
pitguy
pitguy

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 pm

ah no way..... so sorry to hear that sean..... hope he is ok
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Harry wrote:
RubyStars wrote:i,l race Ruby Roo , i,l make sure her muzzle is secure and lots of catchers , witha bitha luck she might get put with butch and he wont tolerate her mad behavier lol , i cant wait for sunday x

I thought you liked your dog? lol!

Butch is the last dog id want to put a dog with, he'd destroy any other dog there Surprised

lol i do lovvvvvve her , but shes just as bad , honestly , last time with muzzles on she sholdoured poor Hank untill she knocked him down ;(((
lil are you going to race butch ? will it be ok for me to run Ruby if i get an extra starp put on so she cant get it off xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2