Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for a pitbull pup

+3
Philly Mc00
ellebee
YENALED
7 posters

Go down

looking for a pitbull pup Empty looking for a pitbull pup

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 pm

hey im looking for a red nose pitbull pup tight blood lines real stuff can anyone help me?

Back to top Go down

looking for a pitbull pup Empty Re: looking for a pitbull pup

Post by YENALED Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Very rare we get any info in the lost & found or re-homing thread
for a red nose pitbull pup tight blood lines real stuff
We dont advocate the selling of pups on our forum so I dont know if we can be of any help. There are dogs looking to be adopted if you are interested.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ellebee Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:55 am

If anyone is interested, there is a lovely juvenile pit in the dunboyne pound, urgently needs a home or will be pts... snowy white with pink nose and had a hard start in life, but lovely little girl... she can be seen on the A dog's life Facebook page also there is another dog that I think looks like a red nose pit, I could be wrong but if you are looking for a dog for companionship and not to breed then adopting is far more responsible than buying one...
ellebee
ellebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:36 am

Put up a link if you can please ellebee
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:30 am

Adopt xina Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:50 am

Conor I know of a chocolate and White pup looking for a forever home urgently, he's not a red nose but is very tightly bread with a full ped, please private mail me asap and we can have a chat about it. you also need to activate your private messages.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by ellebee Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 am

I am a new member so I cant put up links just yet, but if you google search "A Dog's Life Facebook" it comes right up, and in the photo's the current dogs are in albums " Dogs in Dunboyne Pound 4th Feb" and "Dogs in Dunboyne Pound 7th Feb"
ellebee
ellebee

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 am

ellebee wrote:If anyone is interested, there is a lovely juvenile pit in the dunboyne pound, urgently needs a home or will be pts... snowy white with pink nose and had a hard start in life, but lovely little girl... she can be seen on the A dog's life Facebook page also there is another dog that I think looks like a red nose pit, I could be wrong but if you are looking for a dog for companionship and not to breed then adopting is far more responsible than buying one...

Yes 'Bainne' Irish for milk, a lovely little dog, in the pound for weeks now and as a surrender is very lucky to be still alive.... I totally agree with you Ellebee that adopting a dog is far more responsible than buying one as there are too many bull breeds being put to sleep every day in pounds Crying or Very sad
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 am

Anthony Cervi wrote:Adopt xina Razz

Thanks Anthony, yes the lovely Xena is still available for rehoming too !! I love you
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:37 pm

hey philly , im not to sure how to use the private msg if you could send me your email address il write to you abou the pup, cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by jetro Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm

hi there.
just called dunboyne pound about bainne to see could i rehome her.
the person i spoke too said that bainne is not good around other dogs at all.
pity i could have given her a good home for life.
atb,j.
i would to add that i would be willing to adopt a pup as well, if one was looking for a good home for life.
all home checks welcome.
atb,j.

jetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:50 pm

zzzzzzzz

Last edited by RickyB on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Ah Ricky that hurt real bad lol im also an owner for a long time but not as long as you are, your an antique lol, anyway i agree the pit bull for your first pet is a very big step and if your willing to stick to a small list of rules then pit bulls can make fantastic pets in the rite knowledgeable hands.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jetro Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:04 pm

ricky, i understand what you are saying.
and i do agree to a point.
i have kept staffies for a number of years, and i thint greak its how they are raired
is the key.
as for pit bull i see one every day, he belongs to a friend of mine.
but maybe you are right. i might stay with the staff.
stick to what you know they say.
atb,j.

jetro

Back to top Go down

Post by cs Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:01 pm

If you are to keep a apbt as a pet, you have to be so much more careful. These dogs require more exercise than most, they need securing really well, last thing you want is it getting out and grabbing next doors poodle! Most are very dominant and will challange anything on four legs. It can just start with playing but will get rougher and rougher, until your dog gets hyper then BOOM! You have to change your lifestyle and in many ways always plan for the unexpected! You only need to feck up once and your dog could get itself into alot of trouble.

CS
cs
cs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:32 pm

jetro wrote: i thint greak its how they are raired
is the key.

This is the mistake most newbie's make ! you'd be surprized at the amount of ppl who say "its all about how you raise them i'll raise him right " then a couple of yrs down the road they're on the way to the pound asking themselves where did I go wrong ?
where ppl go wrong has nothing to do with how they raise their APBT its when they go out and get one without really understanding what they are getting into , They can be hard work !.
JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I find this a very interesting topic and the same issues pop up a lot of times re owning an APBT.
I agree with everything CS said above and i think that when any family or single person brings a new dog into their house its a life changing time for all involved, however i think when it comes to the ownership of the APBT Over the years i have being involved with these dogs i have noticed numerous category's of ownership when it comes to this breed.

Below im just going to break this down a little.

The dog man. Most dog men i have spoke to have never really owned an APBT as a pet or for a long period of time, There is no doubt they have a certain knowledge about the APBT but there is so much more to these dogs than people realize. Some dog men have looked at multiple dogs from good stock living and running around with each other without any problems and look in wonder. On the other hand you have to know what your doing to accomplish this and understanding the breeds history is just a fraction in making this possible it takes a lot of hard work however it is possible.

The Responsible pet owner. The person that goes out of their way every day making sure all the golden rules are kept too, an owner that knows what he has on the end of the leed and makes the time to provide that dog with his needs from puppy to adult in order to fit into and adjust to every day life, this owner understands how to control their dog/dogs.

The do gooder people that feel their doing good but just dont understand, and the uneducated pet owner. The type that leaves a small child that doesn't understand how to behave around dogs in a room unsupervised because there has never being any problems before, a person that can be blind in thinking their dog wont fight, some seem to think their dogs have not being brought up that way and don't seem to want to take on board its mother nature for every breed to have a knock at some stage its up to us to recognize the signs by understanding our dogs to prevent it and have the know how and understanding to break it up if need be, lol but some ive met would run a mile if they seen their dog in this manner. These are the people unfortunately that 9 times out of 10 are a problem.

And last but not least the down-rite irresponsible owner. The people that just bouncing down the road with their dog off the leash not giving a hoot about the dog or weather it hurts someone or something sure he can just go get a new one.

im a firm believer in people being the problem and not the dogs. If people want to own any dog they should educate them self as much as they can because its really not about what breed you choose there's any amount of them that can do as much damage as an APBT to a poodle or small child.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jetro Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN SAID SO FAR.
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT I AM NOT A " NEWBIE"" WHEN IT COMES TO WORKING DOGS.
AND I DO CONSIDER A PIT BULL A WORKING DOG.
MY SLEF AND MY FAMILY HAVE BEEN BROUGHT UP WITH WORKING DOGS.
EVERYTHING FROM CATTLE AND SHEEP DOGS TO HUNT KENNELLS.
I MYSLEF HAVE KEPT BULL BREEDS FROM A EARLY AGE.
ALTHOUGH IT WAS AND IS STAFFIES THAT I HAVE
THE SAME RULES APPLY TO THEM AS TO PIT BULL TERRIERS.
THEY ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO BEEN THE SAME THING, BUT IN A SMALLER PACKAGE.
THE REASON I POSTED MY ORIGINAL POST WAS TO GIVE A YOUNG DOG A SECOND CHANCE.
I DIDNT MEAN TO COME ACROSS AS A YOUNG INEXPERIENCE PERSON.
ALSO I DONT WANT TO COME ACROSS AS A KNOW IT ALL EITHER.
ATB,J.
ATB,J.

jetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:39 pm

what really boils my piss is Evil or Very Mad

celticpitbulls wrote:

And last but not least the down-rite irresponsible owner. The people that just bouncing down the road with their dog off the leash not giving a hoot about the dog or weather it hurts someone or something sure he can just go get a new one.

im a firm believer in people being the problem and not the dogs. If people want to own any dog they should educate them self as much as they can because its really not about what breed you choose there's any amount of them that can do as much damage as an APBT to a poodle or small child.

I agree with whats being said

I belive the people leaving dogs with kids no matter what the breed should be educated have the cop-on not to leave a kid un supervised with a dog, and /or to do some dog behaviour class and learn about the dogs body language so as to have an idea what our pets are trying to tell us.

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:41 pm

hi jetro, fair play i think responsible ownership should apply to all owners of all breeds, i dont think you came across as anything other than wanting to re-home a dog i think the comments are more so related to the ownership of the breed in general thats all, its always nice to see people like yourself willing to re-home as there's not many out there. if you end up with an APBT then happy days another one sorted, im sure you'll do all you can to make things work. This is what the forum is for to help people out if we can Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jetro Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

THANKS CELTICPITBULLS.

jetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ellebee Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey Jetro!

A dog's life have a 6-8mth old female brindle staffie with them at the moment!
She's was seized from the owner but they took her from the pound for rehoming!I cant post the link but she's on the facebook page...
ellebee
ellebee

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:28 pm

cs wrote:If you are to keep a apbt as a pet, you have to be so much more careful. These dogs require more exercise than most, they need securing really well, last thing you want is it getting out and grabbing next doors poodle! Most are very dominant and will challange anything on four legs. It can just start with playing but will get rougher and rougher, until your dog gets hyper then BOOM! You have to change your lifestyle and in many ways always plan for the unexpected! You only need to feck up once and your dog could get itself into alot of trouble.

CS

Well said CS, couldn't agree more!!
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by jetro Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:17 pm

ellebee wrote:Hey Jetro!

A dog's life have a 6-8mth old female brindle staffie with them at the moment!
She's was seized from the owner but they took her from the pound for rehoming!I cant post the link but she's on the facebook page...
thanks ellebee.
i will take a look at that page this eveing.
atb,j.

jetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down