Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercising your dogs?

3 posters

Go down

Exercising your dogs? Empty Exercising your dogs?

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm

ok guys just a small topic were we can all explain a bit about how we exercise our dogs each day, do you have a different routine or do you stick to basic walking/running etc.

With my dogs its different each day because i have 3 that have to be exercised separately, The tools i use would be flirt pole, spring pole, bike and the weight sled walking them for about 10 mins attached to a small amount of weight. I mix around the different things i can do with them and always start and finish their workouts with a simple walk to warm up and empty them and a walk to cool down. would love to hear about your dogs routines and maybe we can pic up some different tips from each other Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Exercising your dogs? Empty Re: Exercising your dogs?

Post by pitguy Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 pm

romeos was an hour walk a day then spring pole for 15 to 20 mins.another walk to empty himself again.then on to the treadmill.he does six miles which i either do in parts at a fairly decent speed or all at once at a slow speed.flirt pole then after that for 15 mins.another walk to warm down.Gemma is lots of springpole lol.up to hour a day sometimes then just a good bit of flirtpole and more spring pole inbtween.have just started to get blue in shape am less then a week in but start of with walk till he emptys himself then on to the spring pole for twenty mins the flirt for 15 then out on the bike for a hour.he pulls me along so has ten stone plus the bike and no bother to him for pretty much the whole time.they would all get rested on a monday and what ever day during the week i think there a bit sluggish thats why you should walk before you do anything see if the dog is tired.i dont feed mine in the morning find it bloats them out for most of the day so ye cant work them as hard.only one or two gets worked like that at a time.ye cant work that many dogs to get them to a good condition.rite now its gemma and blue being worked romeos being rested for a few
pitguy
pitguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Do ye think I'm gonna tell yous lot lol!
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 pm

lol come on philo share the goods lol we mostly use the same things its nice to see and hear about what order others use these tools in and what time you spend doing it.

sean thats some workout for romeo, my poor dogs would be burnt out lol, are you going to keep him at that all year round or are you just trying to sus out what weight he's doing best at? he looks fantastic but its a lot of work for him.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitguy Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:26 am

hes on rest now for a while wont be geting him in shape til the ed reid show again.my sisters exercising him for a while for me so hes still being kept at a decent condition.still geting a hour walk and i throw him on the treadmill the odd day for a mile or two
pitguy
pitguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Just curious how do ya get your dogs to go on a tredmill? Had ya got them used to it from a young age.and.build them up on it from then or can they be introduced to the tredmill at a certain age and.still go on ome.(if the dog was 1 or2 rescued from.a.pound)??

And what tredmill do yous use an eletric one or a manual one or did yous get it made just wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by pitguy Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm

i use a electric one but would prefer to get a slat mill but am finding it hard to get one inside ireland.they cost an arm and a leg to import.your better starting them young geting them used to it but some take to it straight away.after two weeks i didnt need a lead or side for romeo he just ran it by him self hes a rescue.gemma hates it wont use it at all and the pup goes great on it already.heres two of mine on it. domino romeo
pitguy
pitguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks cool vids.

How long would ya leave them on for? And i take it yon start them off an a short distance and gradudally build the distance up over time. if this is the case is the speed of the treadmill kept at a constant or over time will that increase too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down