Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what a true pit bull lover!

3 posters

Go down

what a true pit bull lover! Empty what a true pit bull lover!

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Old Family Rednoses

Old Family Red Noses

Welcome! We are located in Kansas. Our dogs are a part of our family and live inside of our home, and are given tons of love!!

Our utmost priority is to support the breed, and to enjoy our dogs as family and we do so at all times. Please browse our pages and meet our dogs. We are very proud of them. We will be updating educational links regularly.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! WE ARE NO LONGER BREEDING THE AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bet you thought this was another photo of my OFRN "Max". Well, this dog is also named Max, but he was an OFRN who almost lost his life in a shelter. He was minutes away from death before he was rescued! We found out was just another statistic and these dogs end up in the shelter all the time. Maximus and all the others out there like him are why we no longer breed Pit Bulls.

Maximus - Old Family Red Nose from Animal Control

We have chosen to no longer breed the APBT- Due to the fact that there are so many Pit Bulls out there in need of homes, we feel it is not our place to bring more into the world. Please consider a shelter pet as an addition to your family. There are so very many in need. Litteraly hundreds of Pit Bulls are put down everyday because of the lack of homes. Please do your part in supporting this incredible breed and DO NOT support backyard breeders. The APBT is facing a loosing battle, and it is up to all of us through responsible ownership and education to save them.

Our goal is to educatate people on the true characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier. We have chosen to own this amazing breed because of our utmost respect for it. It is NOT a breed for everyone, and the decision to add a pit bull to your family is NOT one to take lightly. A Pit Bull strives to make their owner's happy and proud. They deserve an owner who is determined to always put their best interest first, and be a responsible pet owner.
As you browse our pages I ask you to remember this.....

When you adopt a Pit Bull in need you save not only one life, but two. For you open up a space for a Pit Bull waiting to be saved. When you buy from a breeder you not only took a home from a Rescue in desperate need, but from a Pit Bull waiting to be saved as well. The Pit Bull waiting, will probably not get a second chance. He will cross the bridge never knowing his forever home.

Please ADOPT, FOSTER, SPONSOR OR DONATE to a Pit Bull Rescue in your area Today! Visit Mid-America Bully Breed Rescue and find out how. It WILL make a difference ONE Pit Bull at a time!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

what a true pit bull lover! Empty Re: what a true pit bull lover!

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:22 pm

as some of you will know i used to breed myself but gave it up for the same reasons above and got into rescue and promoting the problem instead. its a shock when at first you realize how big this problem really is.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 am

I havent bred dogs myself in over 6 yrs, the poor animals have to suffer. Some owner moves house, a new baby etc.... The dog somtimes has to go, this is why its very important, you should consider adopting from a shelter. You have fantastic dogs over there, but there is so many, due to backyard breeding etc.... Thanyou for sharing youre site with us :D
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

what a true pit bull lover! Empty Adopting a pitbull

Post by slattery9104 Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi guys, i'm new here, i took in a stray pit bull in limerick for a few weeks untill i found the owner and wanted another ever since, i'v had experience with rotties, boxers, alsations and doberman pinchers and just fell in love with the pitbull breed, I'll be moving house soon and i am looking to buy or adopt a american pitbull terrier pup any one know breeders or rescue organisations? Cheers
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:13 pm

slattery9104 wrote:Hi guys, i'm new here, i took in a stray pit bull in limerick for a few weeks untill i found the owner and wanted another ever since, i'v had experience with rotties, boxers, alsations and doberman pinchers and just fell in love with the pitbull breed, I'll be moving house soon and i am looking to buy or adopt a american pitbull terrier pup any one know breeders or rescue organisations? Cheers

did you look in our rehoming topic? there is a beautiful puppy there looking for a new home :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

what a true pit bull lover! Empty adopting a dog

Post by slattery9104 Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:37 pm

[/quote]

did you look in our rehoming topic? there is a beautiful puppy there looking for a new home :D[/quote]

yeah had a look, stryder is a beautiful dog but it'l be awhile till i can adopt one other wise i'd already be in the car on the way to collect him haha
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:12 pm

well when you move house your more than welcome to contact me im sure there's a little pitty out there just waiting to go to your home :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

what a true pit bull lover! Empty finding a pitty

Post by slattery9104 Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:17 pm

yeah definatly i'v been lookin at a few places and the breeders dont seem to know enough about the breed itself and if i could giv a pup a good home i'd be more then happy to

Last edited by slattery9104 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm

fair play :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down