Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships.

+14
Noreen
mark
Devyn
eamo s
bowie
staceyol
rosscockram
Lisastaff
YENALED
pitguy
honey
pitties rule
Harry
celticpitbulls
18 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships. - Page 2 Empty Re: IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 pm

lol! thats a typo i put there to go with all the typo's that where in the flyer Razz i'm a little sharper than yiz give me credit for lol!

Back to top Go down

IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships. - Page 2 Empty Re: IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:44 pm

your as sharp as a brush handle ,lol,

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:45 pm

james b wrote: lol! thats a typo i put there to go with all the typo's that where in the flyer Razz i'm a little sharper than yiz give me credit for lol!

Good comeback Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by bowie Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Sorry for being a bit dim here, what the f%%k is a cofirmation class, are all the dogs gonna make their confirmation, is the bishop gonna come, do I have to buy a new oufit for Bowie and Terry

somebody please explain.
bowie
bowie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:09 pm

bowie wrote:Sorry for being a bit dim here, what the f%%k is a cofirmation class, are all the dogs gonna make their confirmation, is the bishop gonna come, do I have to buy a new oufit for Bowie and Terry

somebody please explain.

have a look here Wink
http://www.apbtconformation.com/adbastandard.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Conformation shows, also referred to as breed shows, are a kind of dog show in which a judge familiar with a specific dog breed evaluates individual purebred dogs for how well the dogs conform to the established breed type for their breed, as described in a breed's individual breed standard.

A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard. Dog show judges attempt to identify dogs who epitomize the published standards for each breed. This can be challenging, because some judgements must necessarily be subjective. As an example, what exactly entails a "full coat" or a "cheerful attitude", descriptions found in breed standards, can only be learned through experience with the breed that has that particular requirement.

Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same Group but a few "All-Breed" judges, have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:14 pm

lol anything else messed up lol
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:17 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:lol anything else messed up lol

lol. nah your doin a grand job Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:20 pm

lol anything to keep ya all happy.... lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bowie Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks James, might leave Bowie out of this one, give the other dogs a chance now what I mean lol!
bowie
bowie

Back to top Go down

Post by bowie Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Lilly could you Just explain that Just one more time lol!
bowie
bowie

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Suspect
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 pm

It's a dog show... Hope everyone has there best suits ready for the 'ring Surprised :afraid: Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Who's judging the show?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 am

I cant wait for this and our special guests Noreen Reid and Aces are coming over too cheers cheers
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:46 am

I think this will be the first event I will be in Dublin for as I am moving in August!!! Will I be able to compete in anything with my dogs? :)
Devyn
Devyn

http://www.ieleather.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:20 am

Harry wrote:Who's judging the show?
Read the flyer Harry. Or there might be typo's
Over judges names. Twisted Evil tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am

Devyn wrote:I think this will be the first event I will be in Dublin for as I am moving in August!!! Will I be able to compete in anything with my dogs? :)

There will be classes for everyone Devyn, have you a house organised yet?
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:55 pm

What age is usually safe to bring a pup out at? If she's had all her shots before you get her? I'd like to bring my pup to the show part but she'll only be 9weeks?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Harry wrote:What age is usually safe to bring a pup out at? If she's had all her shots before you get her? I'd like to bring my pup to the show part but she'll only be 9weeks?

No way has a pup had all shots at 9 weeks Harry sorry that is way too early. The average age a puppy is fully vacc is 12 weeks then you are advised to leave it 2 weeks after that.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:10 pm

two weeks after the shots , that's what i would do , .

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:18 pm

YENALED1 wrote:
Harry wrote:What age is usually safe to bring a pup out at? If she's had all her shots before you get her? I'd like to bring my pup to the show part but she'll only be 9weeks?

No way has a pup had all shots at 9 weeks Harry sorry that is way too early. The average age a puppy is fully vacc is 12 weeks then you are advised to leave it 2 weeks after that.

I mean the early one's, what is it, ehhm 6wks, then 8wks when you get the pup, then the last at 12? Does the last one make a big difference?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Harry if a puppy is vacc at 6 weeks then it is usually just for parvo. You generally have to have 2 of the five in 1 after that. Vaccines are changing now and I think there are some (5in1) that only have to be given once. the puppy has a better chance of reacting to the vacc the older it is therefore I would vacc at 10 weeks and 12 weeks and take them out 2 weeks after. Most vets now recommened you just need to leave it a week after the last one. It all depends what vaccines your puppy has had at 6 weeks but IMO you should never take a pup out before its 12 weeks old. Have you ever seen parvo? I have seen it lots of time when Pat was in practice and you would understand why it is so important to vacc puppies and follow protocol.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 pm

Ok, I don't think it sounds like a good idea. Ah well, always next year Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:08 am

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next