Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships.

+14
Noreen
mark
Devyn
eamo s
bowie
staceyol
rosscockram
Lisastaff
YENALED
pitguy
honey
pitties rule
Harry
celticpitbulls
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships. - Page 3 Empty Re: IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships.

Post by Harry Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 am

That sounds good. There's a new vet after opening up near me, so I think I'll give him a call, saves trekking up and down to Athlone, to a Vet who Butch told me said Pitbulls were illegal when he brought one of his in their... What a Face affraid
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships. - Page 3 Empty Re: IPBTA All Ireland Athletic K9 Championships.

Post by rosscockram Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:44 am

Come & Go wrote:my vet vaccines as follows

puppies
6 weeks old = parvo shot
8 weeks old = 7 in 1 shot
10 weeks old = 7 in 1 shot (booster)

12 weeks old & your puppy is good to go

My Cali was the very same but i got mine 4 weeks later because i got her when she was 8 weeks old , so mine went ....

12 weeks ...parvo
14 weeks 7 in 1
16 weeks 7 in 1 booster shot ..

So she was 4 and a half months - 5 months old before i let her near any field or area where cats/dogs could urinate ...

Try stick to the guidlines Harry ... You'l be greatfull you did ... Parvo/Mange is horrible .. There was a dog across the road from me had to be put to sleep because it was so bad ... Un-responsible owners negligance caused this .. and his poor daughter was the one that got hurt in the end (and the dog aswell) because she loved the poor thing so much ...

Bring your puppy out when its good and ready to fella .... Its imune system needs to be ready for what its going to be doing.. sniffing / licking / eating things that could possibly harm the poor thing ... So better to be safe than sorry .. ye get me ...

Responsible dog ownership an all that pal !!!!

Ross Wink
rosscockram
rosscockram

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 am

Most breeders do the Parvo before you get it I thought?

Ruby was 7 weeks 5 days when I got her and she already had 2 different shots, then 2 more aswel I think, not exactly sure.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:54 am

YENALED1 wrote:
Devyn wrote:I think this will be the first event I will be in Dublin for as I am moving in August!!! Will I be able to compete in anything with my dogs? :)

There will be classes for everyone Devyn, have you a house organised yet?

Great! No house rented yet, I will be searching for one as soon as I land! I have some good leads though, but I know it is not good to rent a place without seeing it first.
Devyn
Devyn

http://www.ieleather.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:53 am

Harry wrote:Most breeders do the Parvo before you get it I thought?

Ruby was 7 weeks 5 days when I got her and she already had 2 different shots, then 2 more aswel I think, not exactly sure.

i get my pups done by a vet..he wont do them unless they are 9 to 10 weeks old....he told me that a pup thats parvo injected under 8 weeks old have a 25 percent chance of getting parvo again..
then again at 13 weeks old ...
i get the follow up injection..
anyway..can anyone tell me if if the events day in september..
is the pitbulls timed against the staffs or is there a seperate times for them..
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:39 am

I don't think they're bringing there dogs Mark. Do you mean the ACES ppl or just the Staffs who are usually there?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:55 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Devyn wrote:
YENALED1 wrote:
Devyn wrote:I think this will be the first event I will be in Dublin for as I am moving in August!!! Will I be able to compete in anything with my dogs? :)

There will be classes for everyone Devyn, have you a house organised yet?

Great! No house rented yet, I will be searching for one as soon as I land! I have some good leads though, but I know it is not good to rent a place without seeing it first.
no house sorted?? do you not think your taking a big risk just landing here with 3 dogs and no where to go? im not sure if you are aware but its hard to get accommodation with 1 dog being a bull breed, anyway i really wish you the best of luck and maybe just have a nose around and make some calls before you head over.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 pm

[quote="Harry"]I don't think they're bringing there dogs Mark. Do you mean the ACES ppl or just the Staffs who are usually there?[/quote

no harry not the aces dogs as i know of the problems they would have getting them back to the uk..
i mean on the day ..

mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:11 am

celticpitbulls wrote:
no house sorted?? do you not think your taking a big risk just landing here with 3 dogs and no where to go? im not sure if you are aware but its hard to get accommodation with 1 dog being a bull breed, anyway i really wish you the best of luck and maybe just have a nose around and make some calls before you head over.

Every place that is available for rent is available now - so it has not been possible to secure a place to rent yet as I am not landing in Dublin until August 17th. I have talked to quite a few places for rent and they have been ok with my dogs, but were not sure if their houses would still be up for rent when I was in town. I was also told that is was a very bad idea to rent a place sight unseen which is why I am not renting a place all the way in the US. I have heard it is a very bad idea to do so and I could get screwed badly if I rent a place without seeing it and talking to the landlord in person. I will definitely be talking to landlords prior to heading over and have a few places lined up to see when I arrive! That is what other students I have talked to have done. Any better ideas?
Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 am

Devyn, If you have places lined up and have talked to the land lord why not mention them on here, there might be someone that knows the area and could advise you if it is suitable. I dont know how all this works but I can picture you getting of a plane with all your bags, then having to collect your dogs once their paper work has been sorted and standing outside Lissenhall with knowhere to go. You might find it difficult to get a cab with 2 dogs aswell. Would you consider putting your dogs in kennels for a few days at least till you get a house. I know there seems alot of places to rent at the moment but a lot of students have not started to look for accomodation here as all results wont be out till mid August. Everyone will be looking for houses then and all the ones you have lines up could be gone.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:45 am

Im with Jules would deffo put the dogs in kennels at least then you can get sorted.
Im sure if you are organised well a good kennel might even come and collect the dogs for you.
Theres a girl near me Sarah Glass who does dog transportation might be worth giving her a bell and seeing if she will transport the dogs for you.

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Noreen Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:33 pm

lookingforward to meeting you all
Noreen
Noreen

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Noreen wrote:lookingforward to meeting you all

Me too Noreen cant wait, we will make it a weekend to remember. Jules x
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:32 pm

well Noreen im feeling sick with excitement, we get to meet our friends from across the water again and get to have the first ever all Ireland APBT breed show judged by you, what more could ya ask for Wink

hope all is well with you and give my love to ed and the rest of the gang,,, lilly xx

celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devyn Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 am

YENALED1 wrote:
Devyn, If you have places lined up and have talked to the land lord why not mention them on here, there might be someone that knows the area and could advise you if it is suitable. I dont know how all this works but I can picture you getting of a plane with all your bags, then having to collect your dogs once their paper work has been sorted and standing outside Lissenhall with knowhere to go. You might find it difficult to get a cab with 2 dogs aswell. Would you consider putting your dogs in kennels for a few days at least till you get a house. I know there seems alot of places to rent at the moment but a lot of students have not started to look for accomodation here as all results wont be out till mid August. Everyone will be looking for houses then and all the ones you have lines up could be gone.

Great idea - I will definitely start up another thread with places I have been looking at, so that you all can comment and let me know if I am on the right track. I was going to make reservations at a dog friendly hotel, so that we would not be out on the street with no where to stay while we were looking for a place to live. I made my flight for mid-August as I knew that I had to be there 2-3 weeks prior to school start in order to find a place to live. My orientation is not until September 8th & 9th, so I wanted to get there plenty early to find housing. I am not opposed to putting the dogs in a good kennel if you all can recommend a bully friendly one in Dublin. My only worry would be living Roc in one as he has epilepsy and must get his meds on time or will have a seizure, so I really would prefer to at least keep him with me. I would hope I could find a cab to the hotel from Lissenhall. I will ask a few of the vet students who imported their dogs last Fall who they used.

Lisastaff wrote:Im with Jules would deffo put the dogs in kennels at least then you can get sorted.
Im sure if you are organised well a good kennel might even come and collect the dogs for you.
Theres a girl near me Sarah Glass who does dog transportation might be worth giving her a bell and seeing if she will transport the dogs for you.

Lisa - if you could PM me Sarah Glass's info that would be great - not sure who she is, but would be interested to chat with her.

Devyn
Devyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Noreen Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 am

Ed sends his love & hopes to be at yer next show i will be talking to Keelie later
they had there show at the week end i was not there but they did verry well
the weather was bad but they had a good lot of people there they are a very happy go lucky bunch we are all looking forward to the irish week end
love to all Noreen Ed
Noreen
Noreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Noreen Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 am

i have been looking a all the dog pics on here there are some lovely looking dogs keep up the good work.
Noreen
Noreen

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 pm

thanks a mil Noreen, im even more excited now thinking about you judging, i have to say ive seen some fab dogs here on the forum you will have a ball, id say for some1 like yourself and ed, being the man that brought the APBT to the British isle its hard on you with the laws there and not being able to own them.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noreen Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:04 pm

yes Lilly it is hard but we see them every day & some nice ones 2 lol
Noreen
Noreen

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Noreen im dien to meet you and Ed, it be a historical event for us, when you come over to judge a show for us cheers
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noreen Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:14 am

cant wait Eamo.
Noreen
Noreen

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 am

yeah i believe since that ban came in the uk there is more pit bulls than ever, what a silly way of dealing with things, i think bans speak for them self at this stage and show they do nothing at all to prevent any problems.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm

we are realy looking forward to this should be a great week end and nice to meet some old and new faces. we are going to bring some dogs over this time if all goes well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Looking forward to meeting Ye and this event

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next