Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

adopting a restricted breed from ****** pound

3 posters

Go down

adopting a restricted breed from ****** pound Empty adopting a restricted breed from ****** pound

Post by nika139 Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:08 am

hi everyone
is there anyone who could explain me something...
i went with a friend of mine to ****** pound yesterday to adopt an staffie girl from their place.
we found her on *** webpage, on saturday, so one day before.
when we got there at 10 am, the pound's staff told us they don't have any staffies at the moment...
we told them we've seen them on *** webpage just yesterday so they must be still there, but they told us, that the webpage propably wasn't updated.
bit frustrated we've stayed there for next 2 hours walking the dogs, and talking to other walkers and volonters, and they actually told us, there is no way you could adopt a restricted breed directly from the pound.
the only way is through the ***, and the pound's menager keep all staffies in the back kennels.
is this true?
why those dogs are not aloud to be seen by public?
is all the pounds the same.
my friends don't mind to adopt the dog from the rescue, and follow the procedure, bit she simply wanted to help a dog in need directly, and save her live.
is thete anyone who knows the answer, please.
thanx

nika139

Back to top Go down

adopting a restricted breed from ****** pound Empty Re: adopting a restricted breed from ****** pound

Post by Admin Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 pm

HI Nika, unfortunately we can't advertise the name of pounds or rescues in relation to these matters, i do suggest if this is the case that you get on to who ever run's or is in charge of the running the pound and make a compliant, there is no law against wanting to re home a restricted breed that i know of.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

adopting a restricted breed from ****** pound Empty Re: adopting a restricted breed from ****** pound

Post by nika139 Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 pm

yeah, i rang the menager of the pound today.they told me they do not rehome any staffies directly from the pound, only through the rescue.i don't know why,so my friend decided to contact the rescue..

nika139

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 pm

its really annoying because in my opinion having experience with the breeds and in the opinion of many experts in the USA the bully breeds in the pounds and shelters due for Euthanizing are the breeds more suitable for adoption, that's a fact. it all boils down to ignorance and lack of knowledge.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down