Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLUE PAUL TERRIER

+6
Harry
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR
slattery9104
SarahB58
eamo s
kevsstaff
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BLUE PAUL TERRIER Empty BLUE PAUL TERRIER

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Does any 1 no if this breed of bull terrier is extinct ive looked it up on the internet and apparently it ent extinct but there kinda hidden away within the travelling community
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

BLUE PAUL TERRIER Empty Re: BLUE PAUL TERRIER

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:59 pm

would jump at the chance of seein 1
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 pm

I never even heard of that breed to be honest, is it Irish do you know?
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:07 pm

ive just looked on wikipeadia it originated in scotland i was told it was a kinda bull terrier crossed with a kerry blue dont no how true that is tho no seems to no any thing about them i heard of them a few yrs ago
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm

You wont get any real pictures of them, unless you would see a realy old painting, they are like the old Bulldog out in the last century.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB58 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Never heard of that breed either scratch
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:11 pm

it is/was definately a breed just dont no if its extinct or not
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB58 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Can you post a pic?? :)
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:12 pm

will try now
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB58 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Cool :D
SarahB58
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:18 pm

yeah i've heard of it but never seen one, i've heard it been called "the travellers pitbull" its a dog bread for gameness but i'd say the full breed died out ages back any one you get now is prob a mix of diff bullys could be wrong tho
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Thats where the colour blue came into some of the Bull breeds but not the true A.P.B.T.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevsstaff Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 pm

think your probably right mate (gutted) heres a old pic ive just got[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img] there is a kennel called blue pauls in the states but there probably just blue staffs or pits
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVEN_BURKE_JNR Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 am

Looks like an AmStaff with a small head Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:37 am

yes the breed is extinct, and wiki is wrong about certain aspects, the kerry blue cross being one mistake, I personally believe the they (the blue paul terrier) were used in the breeding of the original pitbull, they were a very game dog according to historical reports, the english white terrier (genetically the same dog as the Manchester Terrier aka the Black and Tan terrier) was not reported to be very game, all three of these terriers and some more could have being used in the breeding of the original pitbull, no one knows for sure; what is written is that the Blue Paul Terrier & the Manchester Terrier were very game.
The blue coat in a dog comes from a recessive gene, there is a lot of research and documentation about this subject :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 am

I would love to be proven wrong & to see a real Blue Paul Terrier, I have seen what was refereed to as an old time english white terrier, it was perfectly the same as the original English White Terrier which is also supposed to be extinct, it may have been from a litter of Manchester Terrier pups, as it is possible for any breed of dog to throw white, blue or meryl pups. I do not know the history of the English White Terrier that I seen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:47 am

you should check out the Thai ridge back/Phu Quoc ridge back, there are some blue ones that look stunning and that can help you to imagine what a Blue Paul Terrier must have looked like, as they are very similar to the old drawings of the Blue Paul Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kevsstaff Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:31 pm

just had a look on google images what a breed they r love it.
kevsstaff
kevsstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:33 pm

[quote="pitlover"]yes the breed is extinct, and wiki is wrong about certain aspects, the kerry blue cross being one mistake, I personally believe the they (the blue paul terrier) were used in the breeding of the original pitbull, they were a very game dog according to historical reports, the english white terrier (genetically the same dog as the Manchester Terrier aka the Black and Tan terrier) was not reported to be very game, all three of these terriers and some more could have being used in the breeding of the original pitbull, no one knows for sure; what is written is that the Blue Paul Terrier & the Manchester Terrier were very game.
The blue coat in a dog comes from a recessive gene, there is a lot of research and documentation about this subject :-)[/quote Theres no such thing as a Blue A.P.B.T. it would of had to have the Blue Paul Terrier breeding in it somewhere along its line to produce blue pups. Mainly in Staffordshires and Am Bullys.
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 pm

I expect the full post to be removed, but I felt the need to post the complete article to back up my point, as I expect to be questioned about this also as though I heard it somewhere as a half truth.

Whether or not people want to believe it, blue is a legitimate color in the American Pit Bull Terrier gene pool as evidenced and show further more
by the Blue Paul, or sometimes called blue Poll. A Scottish strain now extinct, but whose descendants clearly live on in today’s blue dogs.
These solid blue or solid red Scottish gladiators resembled the fighting Staffordshires of England but could weigh twice as much. The blue dogs
were known in Scotland as Blue Pauls, and the reds as Red Smuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:29 pm

I should add that it is the belief of some ppl on this forum that the past and the "Dogmen" involved in it have nothing to teach us about the breed and I totally disagree with them.

the previous article IMO proves that it is necessary to learn everything that we can about the history of a breed that we own, otherwise we may go around believing things like "Blue" is not a legitimate pitbull color

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Nice post pitlover,

i know alot about the history of these dogs and spoke to alot of these so called dogmen over the years from all round the world and ive learnt alot from them about these dogs, breeding temperaments etc. You got to remember if it wasnt for the dogmen from many moons ago these dogs wouldnt be about as we know them, the dogmen made them the way they are. I think alot of people deep down like this breeds past history but dont like to admit it, incase they get labelled a dogfighter. Learning history and fighting dogs is a totally different thing. If you study world war 2 and hitler it dosnt make you a nazi does it. So if you study bloodlines, old dogs and old dogmens history whats the harm, tobe honest you might learn something about keeping your dogs fit by correct feeding and excercise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:11 pm

thanks milesaway, your post means a lot to me :-)
I was beginning to feel interrogated with questions on a different post "RE: hello everybody , Tony here "
I am not very good at explaining myself or getting my point across, there are a lot of ppl on here more eloquent with words and grammar than I am so I just stopped answering the questions on the other post; if I want to be interrogated I'll commit a crime lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:58 pm

No, I think you got your point across very well, it's your opinion and you can tell it to who ever will listen lol.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next