Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLUE PAUL TERRIER

+6
Harry
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR
slattery9104
SarahB58
eamo s
kevsstaff
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BLUE PAUL TERRIER - Page 3 Empty Re: BLUE PAUL TERRIER

Post by Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Heres a article about the problems sometimes you get with blue pitbulls,

Blue Pitbulls

Warning : Read Below Before Buying a  Pitbull Pup!

Before you buy or adopt a Blue Pit Bull, educate yourself about the many health problems that many blue pitbulls may have. Read below to find out about some potential health problems associated with blue dogs.

Note: There are many responsible breeders who breed blue Pit Bulls; Make sure to buy a pup from a responsible breeder.

This is from a fellow Pit Bull breeder's site:

THE BLUE COAT COLORING IN MOST BREEDS IS ASSOCIATED WITH
SKIN PROBLEMS. BLUE COATED DOGS OF ALL BREEDS ARE MORE
PRONE TO BACTERIAL, VIRAL, STAPH AND FUNGAL INFECTIONS AS
WELL AS VARIOUS FORMS OF DERMATITIS, ALLERGIES, DEMODEX AND
COLOR MUTANT ALOPECIA. WHILE SOME OF THESE CONDITIONS ARE
HEREDITARY MANY OF THEM ARE SIMPLY THE RESULT OF THE BLUE
COAT COLORING. WE AND OUR PARTNER KENNELS HAVE DONE
COUNTLESS HOURS OF RESEARCH AND HAD LENGTHY
CONVERSATIONS WITH OUT VETS. AS A RESULT OF OUR FINDINGS AND THE OPINIONS OF OUR VETS WE DO NOT GUARANTEE AGAINST ANY SKIN OR COAT PROBLEMS. NOR WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SKIN AND COAT PROBLEMS THAT ARE COMMON FOR DOGS WITH THE BLUE COLORING. MOST OF THESE COAT PROBLEMS ARE EASILY AND
INEXPENSIVLEY TREATED FOR AROUND $50.00. MOST BREEDERS WILL
NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THESE COMMON PROBLEMS BUT WE FEEL IT IS
YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW. WE HAVE SEEN IT PRODUCED IN ALL
BLOODLINES AND COLORS BUT MOST COMMONLY IN BLUES OF ALL
BLOODLINES AND MANY OTHER BLUE COATED BREEDS. NOT ALL BLUE DOGS WILL BE EFFECTED BY A SKIN PROBLEM BUT YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO TREAT YOUR DOG IN THE EVENT THAT HE DOES. WE WILL NOT KNOWINGLY BREED ANY DOG THAT IS A PRODUCER OF A SKIN DISEASE. THERE IS NO TEST AVAILABLE FOR THESE PROBLEMS
PRIOR TO SIGNS OF INFECTION. ADULT DOGS CAN BE CARRIERS AND
NOT EVER SHOW SIGNS OF INFECTION. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON
THIS, PLEASE DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR VET AND RESEARCH IT ONLINE OR ELSEWHERE AS WE HAVE, BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO BUY A BLUE DOG OR ONE WITH PARENTS WHO ARE BLUE!

There are serious conditions and health problems that may be associated with a Blue Pit Bull. Even if your dog isn't blue, there could be a blue pit bull in the lineage. Please do your research. Please also take into consideration the fact of possible vet bills and medications that are associated with these health problems. Not only do some Blue Pit Bull breeders OVERCHARGE for their dogs, but they may be  selling you a dog that could very possibly be affected or carrying these diseases. So even if your dog shows no signs of these skin diseases, their puppies may have skin problems.

The purchase of the dog is not the only cost involved. Daily food,
bones/treats, vitamins, shots and checkups are essential things that must be done to keep your dog healthy. Please research, learn and consider all aspects before purchasing any puppy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:22 pm

That's an interesting post Miles. I don't think there's very many Blue's in Ireland tho? Does anyone know if their is?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:52 pm

eamo s wrote:Cheers Miles cheers
Judging by his last sentence eamo I think you may of disappointed him. Ha
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:24 pm

YENALED1 wrote:
eamo s wrote:Cheers Miles cheers
Judging by his last sentence eamo I think you may of disappointed him. Ha

Not disappointed at all :D might even join you on the next walk :D no holding hands tho lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:31 pm

I'll be putting up new rules, no dating members on this forum lol!
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 pm

haha, you should put up some pics Miles :D and come to the walk after this one cause I'm prob not goin to the next one and want to see your dogs haha.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:37 pm

milesaway wrote:I have stuck to the forum rules, even when i disagree about certain posts made by members. Some posts made by members end up going back to the history side of things topics like the Blue Paul and Irish Staffs, i could of posted pages on both topics but i didnt as i new the posts would be deleted as their heritage goes back to DF.

Just like to say ive nothing against Yenaled1 i was just asking a question, then i was told he didnt like me or trust me, i think he really likes me just playing hard to get lolol.
sorry miles i wasn't directing that post at you just about how we all get into falling out when the topic comes up and vears people away from other things.
anyway glad things are a lot better now and thanks a mil for posting such a great post Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Probably there were several different strains/breeds of pitbull/staff type dogs throughout england,ireland and scotland.Red smuts,blue pauls,cheshire terriers. are a few.2 of irelands native pugilistic breeds( glen of imaal and kerry blue) are blue in colour ,so maybe there is a link there-both gaelic languages,constant immigration back and forth, gallowglasses,potato pickers etc.All grey thoroughbred racehorses go back to a particular grey barb stallion who lived over 300 years ago-so recessive genes can travel undetected down the generations and appear as if out of no where.As for travellers having them -theyre tied up next to the unicorns out the back.
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3